Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fix it again Tony

I see that italians are making some big claims that the dodge charger is the only 4 door muscle car in the USA. Like what about the Chevy SS, has a stick shift too. see attachment

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Chevy SS is being discontinued after the 2015 MY - they have not sold well at all.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

I thought they were limited production cars
    V6 count for a huge portion of the Charger sales. Maybe if the SS had a V6 option

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Part of the ss problem is it just looks bland. Saw one the other day and thought it was a Malibu until I noticed the badging and the more aggressive body panels. They were hoping for another G8 but the G8 had alot more pressence. Plus with Holden becoming just rebadged products from other GM lines it doesn't make alot of sense to keep making a low selling sport sedan. Only 2300 or so had been sold when they announced its demise.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

GM did not push that car very well...hand full of commercials and it's the official GM car of NASCAR but they came no where close to pushing it like they do with the ctsv.

With all of that said, the ss doesn't hold a candle to the hellcat lineup.
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

HEY, what about the CTS-V Caddy 4-door and wagons. The point is the charger is not the only 4 door muscle car. The latest road and track just did a road test on an SS. They had to get a decade old M5 BMW to compare it to because no one makes a pure stick 4 door anymore other then the SS. Its still being made, low numbers, but it is still available. I agree it looks poor but so does a 4 door charger.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

marketing marketing marketing....until this thread I had completely forgot there was an SS......never knew it went into production.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    marketing marketing marketing....until this thread I had completely forgot there was an SS......never knew it went into production.
    Exactly...and the few commercials I did see did nothing to highlight the performance side of the car. It pretty much said "we made a new car...here's a picture" cue the kid rock born free song...
    Last edited by theorangeguy; 03-23-2015 at 05:43 AM.

Gray/ White

That's more than I ever saw

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    That's more than I ever saw
    You ever watch Nascar at all...? Only time I think I ever saw a Chevy SS commercial was during a race.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

The charger basically is the only 4 door muscle car. Since nobody knows the SS even exists. And when you do find out it does exist chances are there isn't one in your area and if you do find one in your area chances are it won't have the options you are looking for and if it does have the options you are looking for you will see the 42-45k price tag and when you see the 42-45k price tag you will buy a charger with the scat pack for 35-38k and have 485hp and then you will forget the SS even existed again. So you see it doesn't exist.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    The charger basically is the only 4 door muscle car. Since nobody knows the SS even exists. And when you do find out it does exist chances are there isn't one in your area and if you do find one in your area chances are it won't have the options you are looking for and if it does have the options you are looking for you will see the 42-45k price tag and when you see the 42-45k price tag you will buy a charger with the scat pack for 35-38k and have 485hp and then you will forget the SS even existed again. So you see it doesn't exist.
    Mopar has that whole price and power thing locked down right now...they even dropped the price of the viper to get it above the hellcat but below a loaded Z06. Horsepower wars are officially here again I personally love watching all of these companies go back and forth with each other. If I was GM, I would keep the 4 door performance business in the cadillac building and leave everything else to the Corvette engineers and the Camaro engineers.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

If I was GM I would put a v8 in a 4 door car that didn't look like a chevy cruze.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    If I was GM I would put a v8 in a 4 door car that didn't look like a chevy cruze.
    that made me laugh but you are 100% right lol

Gray/ White

Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    You ever watch Nascar at all...? Only time I think I ever saw a Chevy SS commercial was during a race.
    Since they started the chase my interest has dropped. Plus the Mrs always has plenty of projects for me on a Sunday afternoon
    83 Thunderturd even bigger turd probably LQ4 4L80 swap at some point
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    the guys here know how to find a nekkid chick farting into a cake but 2+2 stumps the shit out of 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    My brain must be defective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Says the king of mockery and shit talking

Black / White

Since they started the chase my interest has dropped. Plus the Mrs always has plenty of projects for me on a Sunday afternoon
    The new chase structure does kind of suck...I see both sides of the argument but I dont like the current set up. I also found out a really cool way to get around that whole "projects on sunday thing". Got my wife to start watching nascar "took years of frustration, aggravation, and project procrastination"...only problem is that she pulls for Jimmie Johnson now...

Gray/ White

She says she wants to attend a race but won't watch on the tube. We live about 1.5 miles from Dover Downs and we can hear the cars

CTS-V comes in a 4-door and a wagon. Its over $70K and will make you go do do in your pants when you mash the gas pedal down. looks like the batmobile too.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

She says she wants to attend a race but won't watch on the tube. We live about 1.5 miles from Dover Downs and we can hear the cars
    I highly suggest a trip to Bristol.....great time. The pre race stuff beside the track is worth the trip alone. Just some cool shit going on and an all day affair. I've been 3-4 times and the last time was the best. Went down with my brother and took my old camper down. We camped the whole weekend within walking distance of the track. The party never stopped. I want to do that again at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Gray/ White

I've been to Dover a few times around 10 years ago. Always wanted to go to Bristol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information