Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

Question Fish oil caplets?

I hear they're good for your complexion. Any truth to this?

Which is best to take, Omega 3 or Omega 6?
    '07 MAZDASPEED6 GT
    '96 Mystic Cobra #5615

i dont know much about them a good friend of mine is a pharmicist though and hes mentioned not to buy some cheap versions at some nutritional store because it may contain mercury. dont know much other than that

"now,you pissed us off!!" Trouble maker's Avatar
    I was taking the omega 3 cod oil tabs..damn things nearly ate my stomach up.........came off off them..felt better in three days..my doctor told me to stop em......

07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble maker View Post
    I was taking the omega 3 cod oil tabs..damn things nearly ate my stomach up.........came off off them..felt better in three days..my doctor told me to stop em......
    How were they making you feel?

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMan View Post
    How were they making you feel?
    Like an acidy feel..almost like when you get the stomach flu..It doesn't affect everyone this way,but they are supposed to be good for you.I was one who's body did not want to agree with...

they are supposed to be good for the cardiovascular system also..

Arctic White Hardtop
    '98 Formula M6

the natural oils found in fish are good for your skin, I would just make fish a part of your regular diet, like once a week or so, plus its a good alternative to fatty meats.

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I take them every day... My blood pressure was getting high (i salt everything)... blood pressure dropped back to normal within weeks. I don't know about complexion though.

07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Formula View Post
    the natural oils found in fish are good for your skin, I would just make fish a part of your regular diet, like once a week or so, plus its a good alternative to fatty meats.
    So then what I was told is true?

Now what about thsi Omega 3 vs Omega 6 stuff?

Arctic White Hardtop
    '98 Formula M6

So then what I was told is true?

Now what about thsi Omega 3 vs Omega 6 stuff?
    I dunno, I dont take any of that stuff, I was blessed with the natural beauty. J/k

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

fish oil vitamins are for people that dont eat fish. The fatty acid(omega 3) help the circulatory system and nervous system. It promotes a healthy heart and steady heat beats.

I have occasional skip beats, and fish oil prevents them...

I definitely recommend fish oil. However watch your intake of them. You only need 2 grams a day, anything over will leave you with micro-burps with a fishy taste!

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Quote Originally Posted by ibanez7 View Post
    ... However watch your intake of them. You only need 2 grams a day....
    This is the key anything in excess can be harmfull.

Maybe Trouble was taking too much.

You guys don't eat wild Salmon (or some other fish) a couple of times a week?

Arctic White Hardtop
    '98 Formula M6

Quote Originally Posted by SexOnWheels View Post

You guys don't eat wild Salmon (or some other fish) a couple of times a week?

I live in the "ocean state" 3 minutes from one of the biggest fishing ports on the east coast, If your dont like seafood, around here its considered blasphemy.

Madeche Vision...soon The Scientist's Avatar

NBM
    '98 Ram Air Formula

Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) are necessary fats that humans cannot synthesize, and must be obtained through diet. EFAs are long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids derived from linolenic, linoleic, and oleic acids. There are two families of EFAs: Omega-3 and Omega-6. Omega-9 is necessary yet "non-essential" because the body can manufacture a modest amount on its own, provided essential EFAs are present. The number following "Omega-" represents the position of the first double bond, counting from the terminal methyl group on the molecule. Omega-3 fatty acids are derived from Linolenic Acid, Omega-6 from Linoleic Acid, and Omega-9 from Oleic Acid.
    EFAs support the cardiovascular, reproductive, immune, and nervous systems. The human body needs EFAs to manufacture and repair cell membranes, enabling the cells to obtain optimum nutrition and expel harmful waste products. A primary function of EFAs is the production of prostaglandins, which regulate body functions such as heart rate, blood pressure, blood clotting, fertility, conception, and play a role in immune function by regulating inflammation and encouraging the body to fight infection. Essential Fatty Acids are also needed for proper growth in children, particularly for neural development and maturation of sensory systems, with male children having higher needs than females. Fetuses and breast-fed infants also require an adequate supply of EFAs through the mother's dietary intake.
    EFA deficiency is common in the United States, particularly Omega-3 deficiency. An ideal intake ratio of Omega-6 to Omega-3 fatty acids is between 1:1 and 4:1, with most Americans only obtaining a ratio between 10:1 and 25:1. The minimum healthy intake for both linolenic (Omega-3) and linoleic (Omega-6) acid via diet, per adult per day, is 1.5 grams of each. One tablespoon of flaxseed oil can provide this amount, or larger amounts of other linolenic-rich foods. Because high heat destroys linolenic acid, cooking in linolenic-rich oils or eating cooked linolenic-rich fish is unlikely to provide a sufficient amount.
    EFA deficiency and Omega 6/3 imbalance is linked with serious health conditions, such as heart attacks, cancer, insulin resistance, asthma, lupus, schizophrenia, depression, postpartum depression, accelerated aging, stroke, obesity, diabetes, arthritis, ADHD, and Alzheimer's Disease, among others.

Arctic White Hardtop
    '98 Formula M6

just hit up WebMD.

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

you cant get enough from the caplets.

I take Udo's 3-6-9 oil from Flora products, or EFAgold from Natures way. after about 2 weeks, I guarantee your skin will feel softer and smoother. your body will replace the transfats that feel sticky in yoru skin with the proper type of fats. It must be refrigerated, tastes like ragged ass, but its so good for you.

omega 3 loaded skin will prevent sunburn - proven fact : http://www.fishoilblog.com/benefits/...ts-sunburn.php

your brain is basically a blob of fatty acids floating in an electrolyte bath.
    omega fatty acids will help concentration and help alzheimers patients and ADHD children.

fish is a good source of these oils, but they are high in Lead and Mercury. especially tuna. I quit eating tuna because of that.

the fda has guidelines on mercury in food http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05213/547155.stm this one kid started having serious problems from eating too much.

Impounded
    no need to take omega 6 oils. they are in everything you eat already. you need to concentrate on omega 3 oils, and the ones from fish are good. also take some from flaxseed oil or borage.

Dark Gray 02 Tahoe
    A few too many Lsx's!

I hear they're good for your complexion. Any truth to this?

Which is best to take, Omega 3 or Omega 6?
    Totally....take Omega 3.

You should also have flaxseed oil everyday...about a table spoon. i put some on my oatmeal every morning.

silver
    2002 Z28

I work with a woman who takes them daily.....she takes the 3....6 gives her the fishy burpees and runs. Yew! U asked!

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

"Origins" face wash called "Never a dull Moment" My girl buys it and I ran outta my Nivea face cleaner. So I used hers for about a week and damn man, I'll never use anything else....Expensive though. $16 for about 3 oz.

Fish oil is better in a natural state......In a fish.....Don't waste your money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information