Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Car

First Car

Im 15 and will be 16 in about 10 months. I was wondering if I should get a camaro for my first car. I want a Z28 or a SS. Let me know what you think. Thanks

Black
    02 Z06

Get a SS if you can. But when I turned 16. I swore my parents were going to buy me a brand new camaro. How deluted i was lol. For my first car. I got a $35 98hp nissan pulsarNX. then after a year and a half I moved up to a lt1 trans am and now I have a ls1 ws6. Start out slow man. Thats to fast to be your first car and be careful. A lot of people are going to flame you on here for being sixteen and wanting a v8 for your first car. Anyways. good luck man.

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmMan View Post
    Get a SS if you can. But when I turned 16. I swore my parents were going to buy me a brand new camaro. How deluted i was lol. For my first car. I got a $35 98hp nissan pulsarNX. then after a year and a half I moved up to a lt1 trans am and now I have a ls1 ws6. Start out slow man. Thats to fast to be your first car and be careful. A lot of people are going to flame you on here for being sixteen and wanting a v8 for your first car. Anyways. good luck man.
    he is right, start out with something slower for the first year or so and get all your idiotic new driver behavior out of your system (everyone gets it). Then when you are a more comfortable driver, step up to a v8. if you HAVE to have a camaro, i would suggest an IROC because they dont have as much power but you can learn how to handle a RWD V8

Get the SS most people are different and handle power different. Enjoy the car while you can run it until the tires fall off. If you can get it at 16 why not right?

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

A big negatron. Start slow and work your way up. Not enough experience to handle a LS1/LT1 fbody.

silver
    1999 trans am

my first car was a 1960 ford falcon. i think about 50 of the horses had broken legs, but i drove the piss out of it . mostly stoned. i miss the '70's.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by dotcom2000 View Post
    my first car was a 1960 ford falcon. i think about 50 of the horses had broken legs, but i drove the piss out of it . mostly stoned. i miss the '70's.
    hahaha lol.

Start out with a v6 f-body.

meanZ97
    i looked for 2 years before i got my frst car. and then i had to build it. it was a 69 camaro. start out slow man. a majority of people wreck their first car. i dont know about you but id be sick if i wrecked my Z.

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Get a slow beater.... most young drivers get in at least a couple fender benders and you sure as hell don't need alot of power when you're that young.

I know you don't want to hear that, but it's true. Take it slow... dream about a V8 for a couple years and save up, then get something really nice.

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

my first car was a V8 F-body that I still have today , But now that I'm older I know it was not the prime first car. I wouldn't change anything, But very soon after I got my f car I bought a fuel sipping 4 banger. reality is a bitch

I had a 1976 Buick LeSabre.........talk about a tank, holy shit.........

black/white
    99 Cobra/96 Ram 4x4/08 R6

Most 16 yr. olds are "VERY" wreckless..i know i was....i had 7 fender bender type wrecks and then on 08-02-04 i hit a tree and flipped my truck which was my last wreck....you just have to be responsible with your driving...you cant always be trying to out-do someone or always trying to show off......as soon as you get that out of your system, get a damn SS..good luck and be safe

BIGG JOE

black/white
    99 Cobra/96 Ram 4x4/08 R6

Quote Originally Posted by Liquifire View Post
    I had a 1976 Buick LeSabre.........talk about a tank, holy shit.........
    I know the feeling....i had a four door 1972 Chrysler Newport. This thing had a 6.6L 400 big block....i had the exhaust unbolted about 2 feet after the headers...you could hear me coming from a mile away...we called it
    "THA BOAT"...lol

BIGG JOE

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i suggest getting an 01ish cavalier/sunfire. something that you know won't fall apart on you before you're done paying it off. That way, you'll have a really nice daily driver come time to buy that 09 camaro when you're older.

Custom Car Emblems
    from third_shift|studios
    Pittsburgh Car Detailing & Paint Protection from ts|s detailing
    jaison tortorea

tater_salad
    I wanted something fast, and I got a Sunfire. Not too bad, some girls like it...

And 38 mpg ain't bad either. Work your way up, man. We all have dreams, maybe you'll get that LS1 soon, if it's not the first thing you get.

Black
    99 Z28

hell no don't get a Z or an SS. I know you don't wanna hear it and I'm sure you think we're all just full of shit and you definitely know how to handle all that power... Until........ it's the until that sucks.

Get a v6 or get something a bit slower than an LS1. We pretty much all have had our learning experiences in our first cars. I wrecked mine quite a few times before I finally learned how to drive.

If you can get an Z or SS at 16, I say that's great. Hang on to that money for a couple of years and learn to drive something a little.... less powerful (I know, not what you wanna hear). Then when the new Camaro is released, you should still have the money (or more by that time) to go and buy it so it's actually YOURS and not the bank's or your parent's car. If that's the case and you actually put some work into making sure you're able to get it, you'll respect it a lot more and you'll understand what we mean by we'd be sick if we damaged ours. You'll also have a little more driving experience at that time. Win-Win-Win...

So you came here asking for advice, you're getting a lot of it. Not what you want to hear, and I know you probably don't believe it, but actually we do have some experience being young.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I also suggest the V6 F-body. It's still faster than most car, but more forgiving than the LS1/LT1 versions. I think RWD makes people better drivers when they learn from the get go on it. If you got FWD first and learned on that you still will have to relearn how to drive a real car. Just be really careful in the rain!!!

"now,you pissed us off!!" Trouble maker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by camaroman16 View Post
    Im 15 and will be 16 in about 10 months. I was wondering if I should get a camaro for my first car. I want a Z28 or a SS. Let me know what you think. Thanks
    You get what you want.Don't let all this hype talk about the LS1 is too fast!!!Its too much power!!Disolve all that B.S.It all comes down to how mature you are!I had a 400+H.P.69 Z28 for my first car.The first day I bought it,I pulled the engine out!It was all history from there.I had accumulated a couple of speeding tickets..owned up to them.moved on!I had the fastest car in High school!I just knew when,and when not to display the power.22+years CDL.and accident free(Knock on wood!!)Just remember.."you can always go slow in a fast car..but you can't go fast in a slow car!"Get the Z..and have fun!!!!

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I would say ..See if you can find a 3rd gen they are good cars and they will get you used to how a rwd V8 would feel .. Maybe even a older Mustang GT..they dont have the power of a LS1 but they have very good trans if you are going to be getting your LS1 with a manual...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information