Black
    1999 Trans Am

Angry Fing poachers and fish and game.

So this morning I hear a couple of gunshots go off (not odd). Then around noon one of my neighbors stops by and tells me that another neighbor shot a moose because it was eating his trees..... Does he kill it? no he just jacks it up. So we call fish and game to report it and they say that they might be out later tonight or tomorrow, WTF? Its almost 6 and they still haven't come out to investigate. Basically this moose is laying in my backyard with a gunshot wound and I can't do anything about it. I can't get close enough to see how bad it is and I cant end his suffering either without F&G's consent or knowing the extent of its injuries. I dunno what to do but figured I'd rant alittle.

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

call animal control instead.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

call the sheriffs dept. That's what you do here for deer. At a minimum he'll put the moose down and might get fish and game out there faster.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Fish and game finally showed up a lil bit ago and looked the moose over. It trotted off and seems to move somewhat ok but somethings definately wrong with one of its legs. Whether its life threatening or not I don't know. He left to question the guy who shot it and my neighbor who watched him shoot it. I'm way outside city limits so animal control would have no play in this as far as I know since it has been shot and the sheriffs dept would have just called F&G anyway.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

kinda odd for F&G not to come running.....their nipples get hard over stuff like this.

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    kinda odd for F&G not to come running.....their nipples get hard over stuff like this.
    Yea right, I know in NJ they are like the swat team if you do something illegal, which is fine by me because I go by the books.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

I thought it was odd to. If he had shot it and it died in my backyard thats one thing but where it was only injured I think they should have responded faster. The story so far is he shot at it(twice) with his .410 to scare it away but didn't know he had hit it(there's a blood trail). Sounds fishy to me that he didn't know he hit it with a shotgun even a .410. Not sure what they decided to do with the moose. He's pretty chilll for a bull moose, not killing the neighborhood dogs for chasin and nippin his heels, so I could care less if he sticks around and eats my trees.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

so irritating what people do to animals. if i plan on scaring something away then i should about twice into ground and if they dont react then il shoot close, then if a coyote or other dog is eating my goose/chickens i bust out ar-15 and shooot them

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Pest animals are one thing to shoot but a pretty rare game animal is a fantastic way to get at least ,I believe, a $30,000 fine. How rare you ask? If you put in for a moose in Idaho you get one(1) chance to bag one in your lifetime. FYI with antlers this bastard would be trophy material.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

That would have been difficult for me. Knowing that such an animal was injured and also knowing that I could do nothing about it. The hours waiting on Fish and Game would have been long...

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

I think this is complete bullshit you cannot say you didn't know you shot something that's bullshit lies once you pull that trigger its a done deal. You had positive control of the weapon you pointed towards tthe target you knew what you was doing before you pulled that trigger, that's like going and saying you didn't mean to shoot somebody walking threw ur yard that you thought was a wangster. This kinda shit pisses me off you don't shoot to wound you shoot to kill that's the intent on using a firearm that's how I've been trained in the military and that's how I will always look at it, this pieace of shit should serve jail time. How do you justify to yourself that shooting an animal that is only trying to eat doing what its natural instincts tell it to do. That is like shooting a baby for breast feeding makes no sense to me what runs threw peoples heads these days. End rant/

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    I think this is complete bullshit you cannot say you didn't know you shot something that's bullshit lies once you pull that trigger its a done deal. You had positive control of the weapon you pointed towards tthe target you knew what you was doing before you pulled that trigger, that's like going and saying you didn't mean to shoot somebody walking threw ur yard that you thought was a wangster. This kinda shit pisses me off you don't shoot to wound you shoot to kill that's the intent on using a firearm that's how I've been trained in the military and that's how I will always look at it, this pieace of shit should serve jail time. How do you justify to yourself that shooting an animal that is only trying to eat doing what its natural instincts tell it to do. That is like shooting a baby for breast feeding makes no sense to me what runs threw peoples heads these days. End rant/
    nice!!!! It's not everyday you get to see someone work "breast feeding" into a post

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    nice!!!! It's not everyday you get to see someone work "breast feeding" into a post
    But its the gods honest truth you know what I mean kinda like keeping a baby from eating shit pisses me off when someone shoots to wound something that is doing what is natural.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by HOBS View Post
    Fish and game finally showed up a lil bit ago and looked the moose over. It trotted off and seems to move somewhat ok but somethings definately wrong with one of its legs. Whether its life threatening or not I don't know. He left to question the guy who shot it and my neighbor who watched him shoot it. I'm way outside city limits so animal control would have no play in this as far as I know since it has been shot and the sheriffs dept would have just called F&G anyway.
    it's an open and deep wound... it will more than likely get infected and the animal will stop being mobil... it will starve to death or die from the infection spreading... if it can lick the wound to keep it some what clean it might have a chance...

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Was his name Bullwinkle?

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Depending on your laws, but in SD you could have legally shot it... just saying

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Was his name Bullwinkle?
    Thats what we nicknamed him...he's been kickin around for almost a month so we had to put a name to him

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Lil update. Two F&G officers came out this morning and took pictures of the blood spot in the snow and backtracked the bloodtrail to his house. So I'm thinkin he's F*cked. I don't know what they plan on doing with the moose. To my knowledge he's still alive so maybe they're gonna keep an eye on him and see if he recovers on his own. I would rather they tranq him and pull the pellets out rather than seeing if he develops an infection or lead poisoning but not my call.

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

I would of just kept my nose out of it, i hear gunshots all the time heck im hoping that there shooting them coyotes, FYI coyotes can be hunted year round night or day spot lighting is legal also.Living in the back country of NH people out here have there own laws thats why i would have just left it alone.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

I would and do keep my nose out of people shooting in their backyards I'd be a hypocrite if I did. Its when you shoot and basically maim(sp?) any animal, let alone a game animal, that I have issues. Especially when its bleeding in my backyard. I know coyotes are legal to shoot year round, if you get one spotlighting its a dumb son-of-a-bitch or shithouse luck. Because people think cause they're outside city limits they get to make their own laws is no reason to let them do what they want.

Thread Information