Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Finally done with street racing charge.

I know there was another gjy who had posted on here that he was in trouble for the same thing. It is definatly not worth it seeing as going to the track is only 10-20$. Here is a breakdown of what I got..

420$- Bail out of Jail
    120$- Towing fee
    256$- Court Cost
    500$- Fine
    10 hours community service.
    License suspension until community service is performed.

That was also with a plea agreement so it could have been a lot worse.

Anyways I only posted this in hopes that it would make people think twice about racing on the street. One race costed me roughly what it would cost to run all night at the track 86 times.. or the same amount as brand new LS6 heads with a comp cam!

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by juiced99ws6 View Post
    One race costed me roughly what it would cost to run all night at the track 86 times.. or the same amount as brand new LS6 heads with a comp cam!
    Exactly! Tough break man. I have stopped as well, actually have been for awhile... If someone tries to race me I usually shoot them a rev and give them a thumbs up.

Cant wait for the cold weather so I can hit up the tracks

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

ouch...holy fuck that sucks.

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

Don't forget to factor in any premium increases by your insurance company as well. For probably at least three years...

Sounds like "taking it to the track" is a smart move.
    2002 Street ET Champion New England Dragway
    1999 Street ET Champion Oxford Dragway
    My Blog is here: http://www.downtime.com

NBM
    2000 FRC Camaro SS

You got off pretty easy compared to California.

There is a guy out here who raced a Viper with a Firebird and kicked some @$$, the cops weren't impressed. The Saturday night before MOTHERS DAY, he had to have the wife pick him up, 30 days impound on the car, after fines and fee's I want to say he paid about $4k

Where's Ed? he might remember what the guy I'm talking about got stuck paying.

White
    '10 ZR1

I know there was another gjy who had posted on here that he was in trouble for the same thing. It is definatly not worth it seeing as going to the track is only 10-20$. Here is a breakdown of what I got..

420$- Bail out of Jail
    120$- Towing fee
    256$- Court Cost
    500$- Fine

Anyways I only posted this in hopes that it would make people think twice about racing on the street. One race costed me roughly what it would cost to run all night at the track 86 times.. or the same amount as brand new LS6 heads with a comp cam!
    Pssst....did you at least win the damn race????

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I was just going to ask that!

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

420$- Bail out of Jail
    120$- Towing fee
    256$- Court Cost
    500$- Fine

winning the race PRICELESS!!

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    Pssst....did you at least win the damn race????
    lol.. it wasn't even a challenge. Just the first time I had a shot at a charger rt. It wasn't impressive at all. Pulled about 3 cars on him from about 30-60 roll. After that I went to the local dodge dealership and drove one and after that couldn't believe I risked so much to race that pig lol.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Atleast you won, but to bad it wasn't against something more fun. Atleast when I was stopped it was againts a T/A with some mods with headers/ory. I havn't really got in a good race for about a year or more. Alot of people rev at me and what not, but when we get to the line or in a clear lane they chicken out. Maybe I shouldn't rev back.

1966 Corvette Coupe

sorry to hear you got caught... but thats freaking retarded... there was a story in out paper a few weeks ago about a woman who had 7 dui's stacked up and was still driving around...

sorry to say it but street racing is a sore spot with me... it keeps my ass out of trouble... yeah i go to abandon streets and watch ppl run high horse power cars... yeah ppl could get hurt, but a track is over 2 hours away and if i wreck my vette at the track it will cost me $20k (insurance wont cover it)... if i wreck my vette street racing i pay some fines (if i cant just walk away and call it in stolen) and a deductible... is it really so bad? i mean honestly... yeah alot of illegal stuff happens (drugs, underage drinking) at events, but all they have to do is shut down a nicely paved desolate road and have a cop, and a fire truck at the events (emt would be nice too, but i realize they are busier and together the other emergency services should be able to stabilize someone in the even of a wreck)... the cop is just there to make sure that other illegal stuff isnt going on...

or just build a strip for us... it cant cost much for that much asphault (hell pay for it with revenue from streetracing tickets)... i could loose my car for just watching street racing, but it takes 3 dui's to really be in that much shit?

kinda like every thing else that keeps young ppl out of drugs and shit... every where i used to ride my quad has gates up every where and they will take your atv if your caught tresspassing on the roads... you can pick up a weeks worth of weed cheaper than you can get a large popcorn at a movie theater... and if im just sitting in a parking lot talking to ppl about cars i get run off by cops for loitering...

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!! god im sick of this crap... can we get someone in some office that isnt getting paid off to keep this place a total shit hole... it might be the greatest country on the face of the earth, but all that says is that there is no where better to move which should be depressing for alot of ppl...

man i appatently have had a bad day or something... well sorry guys... rant done...

-me
    Last edited by predator; 10-13-2006 at 10:47 PM.

And that right there is the reason street racing exists. Dont want people dying at street races? Build another track. Not gonna find anyone to fund it? Expect some deaths in the newspaper or people in jail.
    99 T/A M6
    LS6 intake, Hooker Coated Long Tubes, Y-pipe w/1 carsound cat, Hooker Catback, MTi Clear Lid, FRA w/ Holley Power Shot, ASP crank pulley, 1.8 RRs, 3.73s w/TA girdle & Eaton Differential, Granatelli SFCs, Pro 5.0 Shifter, LS6 Clutch, Diablo, TByrnes Maf Ends (in winter), All the Free Mods

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

That is harsh.

What is the maximum penalty for your area?

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    sorry to hear you got caught... but thats freaking retarded... there was a story in out paper a few weeks ago about a woman who had 7 dui's stacked up and was still driving around...

sorry to say it but street racing is a sore spot with me... it keeps my ass out of trouble... yeah i go to abandon streets and watch ppl run high horse power cars... yeah ppl could get hurt, but a track is over 2 hours away and if i wreck my vette at the track it will cost me $20k (insurance wont cover it)... if i wreck my vette street racing i pay some fines (if i cant just walk away and call it in stolen) and a deductible... is it really so bad? i mean honestly... yeah alot of illegal stuff happens (drugs, underage drinking) at events, but all they have to do is shut down a nicely paved desolate road and have a cop, and a fire truck at the events (emt would be nice too, but i realize they are busier and together the other emergency services should be able to stabilize someone in the even of a wreck)... the cop is just there to make sure that other illegal stuff isnt going on...

or just build a strip for us... it cant cost much for that much asphault (hell pay for it with revenue from streetracing tickets)... i could loose my car for just watching street racing, but it takes 3 dui's to really be in that much shit?

kinda like every thing else that keeps young ppl out of drugs and shit... every where i used to ride my quad has gates up every where and they will take your atv if your caught tresspassing on the roads... you can pick up a weeks worth of week cheaper than you can get a large popcorn at a movie theater... and if im just sitting in a parking lot talking to ppl about cars i get run off by cops for loitering...

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!! god im sick of this crap... can we get someone in some office that isnt getting paid off to keep this place a total shit hole... it might be the greatest country on the face of the earth, but all that says is that there is no where better to move which should be depressing for alot of ppl...

man i appatently have had a bad day or something... well sorry guys... rant done...

-me

LOL I had a similar rant to this last week because everything seems to be illegal nowadays.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Soon farting in public will be outlawed too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    Soon farting in public will be outlawed too.
    NO!

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

yea farting, i'm fucked..

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

I got it worse than me.

This is the Ticket that opened my eyes.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

WOW West Chester PA, that hits close to home. Eye opener for me, might be time to cool it down a bit.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post

kinda like every thing else that keeps young ppl out of drugs and shit... every where i used to ride my quad has gates up every where and they will take your atv if your caught tresspassing on the roads... you can pick up a weeks worth of weed cheaper than you can get a large popcorn at a movie theater... and if im just sitting in a parking lot talking to ppl about cars i get run off by cops for loitering...

-me
    You are a moron. You are worried about wrecking your 20k pos at the track, then dont race you broke ass idiot. Other people are worried about getting killed by reckless pieces of crap like you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information