Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Farve goes to the Jets

CLEVELAND — Off the couch and out of the cold, Brett Favre is slipping on a new jersey.

Favre's summertime soap opera ended Wednesday night when the Green Bay Packers traded their iconic quarterback to the New York Jets, who haven't had a star of No. 4's stature since the days Joe Namath was slinging passes and strolling down Broadway.

Brett's a Jet, until the day he retires — again.

WOW ...Just wow ...

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Are the Packers stupid?? Wouldn't Favre give them the best chance?

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

retire... play... retire... play...

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    retire... play... retire... play...

get his fudge paked...........pack his own fudge.........just like a true Packer

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    get his fudge paked...........pack his own fudge.........just like a true Packer

I don't understand why people hate him so much......possibly because Brett Favre threw an 80 yard touchdown against there team in over time, or maybe threw for 300 yards in one game against their team......why can't people just appreciate a legend instead of saying stupid ass immature things like this?
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    I don't understand why people hate him so much......possibly because Brett Favre threw an 80 yard touchdown against there team in over time, or maybe threw for 300 yards in one game against their team......why can't people just appreciate a legend instead of saying stupid ass immature things like this?
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post

Are the Packers stupid?? Wouldn't Favre give them the best chance?
    The packers are stupid, they chose a guy who has never started a game in his life over someone who has NEVER missed a game.....they came within one game of the superbowl with BRETT FAVRE, not aaron rodgers......they are doomed this year and I have a feeling the whole packers management is going to be in the unemployment line next year........

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i appreciate him and what not... it's jsut he needs to make up his mind...

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    i appreciate him and what not... it's jsut he needs to make up his mind...
    Wasn't talking about you spaz, and I agree he should of made up his mind, but like he said no quarterback that has the career he has had is ever 100% in April.........he has earned the right to make his decision when he wants and i don't mean a month before training camp......i think they forced him into retirement.........they wanted an answer and that is what he was feeling at the time..........they will see what a stupid decision they have made.......i bet they don't win 6 games this season!

White
    '10 ZR1

Don't pretend like you know what I meant, or know what I'm thinking. I don't dislike Brett Favre, I'm smart enough to know he's a great football player and a shoe-in for the Hall of Fame. I also know he caused a lot of bullshit for his team through all of this, hence the heckling.

If you don't like it, grow some thicker skin.

I like how you "ass"-ume that I give a fuck if he had a good game against "my team". Idiot. I do appreciate what he's done for the game.

White
    '10 ZR1

The packers are stupid, they chose a guy who has never started a game in his life over someone who has NEVER missed a game.....they came within one game of the superbowl with BRETT FAVRE, not aaron rodgers......they are doomed this year and I have a feeling the whole packers management is going to be in the unemployment line next year........
    I hope you're right, on all accounts.

2000 Trans Am

Don't pretend like you know what I meant, or know what I'm thinking. I don't dislike Brett Favre, I'm smart enough to know he's a great football player and a shoe-in for the Hall of Fame. I also know he caused a lot of bullshit for his team through all of this, hence the heckling.

If you don't like it, grow some thicker skin.

I like how you "ass"-ume that I give a fuck if he had a good game against "my team". Idiot. I do appreciate what he's done for the game.
    So then why did you say he is packing fudge you idiot........i would never say that to someone that i would appreciate.........

White
    '10 ZR1

he has earned the right to make his decision when he wants and i don't mean a month before training camp......i think they forced him into retirement.........they wanted an answer and that is what he was feeling at the time
    Which year are you talking about? Do you think this was the only time that's he's mentioned retirement and caused issues in the front office? Maybe they were just finally sick and tired of his "shit"?? Ya know? Especially since he went through with filing for retirement.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Packers had a chance for the Super Bowl this year with him. Now, lucky if they win a game. Rodgers sucks cock. Fucking management should be fired. I do agree that he should make up his mind but oh well, spilled milk.

White
    '10 ZR1

So then why did you say he is packing fudge you idiot........i would never say that to someone that i would appreciate.........
    Can you fucking read? I said it because of all the bullshit he's caused for the team.

Hall of Famer or not, what he's done has been nothing but bullshit for the franchise.

It's kind of like Kirby Puckett. Kirby was a great baseball player, but as a person, is(was) a piece of shit. (I.E. - dragging a woman into the bathroom at the Redstone against her will)
    Last edited by FasstChevys; 08-07-2008 at 12:59 PM.

2000 Trans Am

Which year are you talking about? Do you think this was the only time that's he's mentioned retirement and caused issues in the front office? Maybe they were just finally sick and tired of his "shit"?? Ya know? Especially since he went through with filing for retirement.
    He never signed any papers for retirement.............He is a legend and he has EARNED the right to decide when he wants....i'm not saying he should wait until a month before training camp but they should give him time.....this isn't Rex Grossman here, so if he doesn't give them an answer he's out.......Favre is the reason that a lot of people know the packers........

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Can you fucking read? I said it because of all the bullshit he's caused for the team.

Hall of Famer or not, what he's done has been nothing but bullshit for the franchise.

It's kind of like Kirby Puckett. Kirby was a great baseball player, but as a person, is a piece of shit. (I.E. - dragging a woman into the bathroom at the Redstone against her will)
    Uhhhh, Kirby Puckett is dead.

2000 Trans Am

It's kind of like Kirby Puckett. Kirby was a great baseball player, but as a person, is(was) a piece of shit. (I.E. - dragging a woman into the bathroom at the Redstone against her will)
    If you consider "BULLSHIT" him owning every respectable Quarterback record in the book, or bringing the pack back to win 13 games last year.....AGAIN HE HAS EARNED THE RIGHT AS A LEGENDARY PLAYER/FACE OF THE FRANCHISE TO DECIDE WHEN HE TELLS THEM HE WANTS TO RETIRE OR NOT!!! it's not like they would be without a quarterback if he would have told them a month before training camp........if Rodgers is as good as they think he is (which they did replace brett with him) then they shouldn't have cared when he told them his decision

White
    '10 ZR1

He never signed any papers for retirement.............He is a legend and he has EARNED the right to decide when he wants....i'm not saying he should wait until a month before training camp but they should give him time.....this isn't Rex Grossman here, so if he doesn't give them an answer he's out.......Favre is the reason that a lot of people know the packers........
    I totally agree...........and the Packers have a much better chance this year with him, than without him. Now we'll never know.

You're right, he is a legend, and has earned the right. But, he already chose, and followed through with signing the papers. Now all of a sudden he changes his mind at nearly the last second at puts the whole franchise in turmoil. Like it or not, training camp is here, and the team decided to move forward without him.

2000 Trans Am

I totally agree...........and the Packers have a much better chance this year with him, than without him. Now we'll never know.

You're right, he is a legend, and has earned the right. But, he already chose, and followed through with signing the papers. Now all of a sudden he changes his mind at nearly the last second at puts the whole franchise in turmoil. Like it or not, training camp is here, and the team decided to move forward without him.
    HE NEVER SIGNED THE RETIREMENT PAPERS..........If this would have happened to Dan Marino in Miami they would have welcomed him back with open arms, but this is Ted Thompsons first round pick as GM and he stuck with him..........(AAron Rodgers) I am going to the packers VS 49ers preseason game next weekend and i am wearing brett Favre gear with a huge sign that says "FIRE TED THOMPSON, THE PACKERS ARE NOTHING WITHOU BRETT YOU WILL SEE"
    Last edited by clg82; 08-07-2008 at 01:13 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information