Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Facebook

Pewter
    '00 SS

Facebook

Has anyone heard the latest about FB? Now colleges are looking into peoples FB accounts to see if what they are saying on their application is being misrepresented by their "party" actions. Employers are looking at pages too for the same reason as colleges. Personally, I was on FB for about a month. Have since deleted it and have no desire to get back on. I have a wife and 3 kids ane have zero desire forthe whole world to know what my family and I are doing or even look like.

As far as friends go, when I moved away 7 years ago to join the Navy, only a handful of people actually try to keep in touch. I know as we get older friends becomeba dime a dozen, so to speak. I just have no passion to look up and communicate with people who did not give a shit when I went to Iraq in 2005 or Africa in 2007 (civil shit). So, why do I need to find them and "pretend" we are still good friends. I think FB is a way to keep people closer but it just has too many downsides for me to join.

Please feel free to comment on what I have said or make your own judgements on FB.
    Suspension: Lower control arms (Spohn), Drive shaft safety loop, Torque arm (Edlebrock), Strut tower brace, Panhard Bar (BMR)

Under the Hood: Smooth bellows, Lid, Catch can, LT Headers, ORY, AIR/EGR delete, Poly engine/transmission mounts,

Exterior: Painted brake calipers (Red), Halo “Spyder” Headlights w/matching parking/turn signals (Black)

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

how are they getting the profile without the person giving it to them?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I have an account on there because unlike you......I'm cool and badass.

actually.....I do have an account on there but never post anything really. I have one buddy that I like to hassle on there and that's about it. I stopped everyone from posting to my wall a couple years ago because I got tired of the BS farm games and other retarded stuff that they'd fill my wall up with.

Pewter
    '00 SS

You can still see pictures. Maybe not all of them but some. If you google a name, facebook pictures pop up. A friend of mine just got a job he has been waiting for and his emploer looked at his. He had to delete all his tagged photos and tell people to stop tagging him in photos.

Pewter
    '00 SS

Damn. Harsh. Haha

Pewter
    '00 SS

Not saying i want all of you to think twice about being on there. Just sayin that me personally will not get on there and i wanna see what peoples opinion about facebook in general are

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

I got mine locked down, and I only allow tags from my kid or a few relatives. Even if someone where to see it, would just be about my kid and my car stuff. I like facebook, lets me share things with my family that otherwise live to far away and keep up with friends and their car stuff. Its what you make it and allow it to be.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

There are settings to make everything private, but by default everything is public and it is kind of confusing on who can see what so that's shitty. but for the most part you can control what people see and don't see even you friends.

Pewter
    '00 SS

I guess you are right. So there are that many ways to censor what is going on? Like i said, i havent been on there in a really long time. Not that im gonna start either

My family has their own website that we keep in touch on. Keeps the side chatter down.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Quote Originally Posted by kenro23 View Post
    I guess you are right. So there are that many ways to censor what is going on? Like i said, i havent been on there in a really long time. Not that im gonna start either

My family has their own website that we keep in touch on. Keeps the side chatter down.
    Yea it can be a pain in the ass, but anyone I don't know personally isn't on my fiend list and out of those people I just hide the ones I don't feel like talking to. I've had my profile for 6 years now and really miss the days when it was simple not all the bs thats all over it now

Ray Charles blue

This is why I dont have one. Perhaps I will join one of those sites for working professionals but that is about it.......

I think its a good thing to check in to people "real" life instead of the fake shit they tell you and put on a resume.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

mines locked down, unless your my friend, you can see my profile pic, and thats about it

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by kenro23 View Post
    You can still see pictures. Maybe not all of them but some. If you google a name, facebook pictures pop up. A friend of mine just got a job he has been waiting for and his emploer looked at his. He had to delete all his tagged photos and tell people to stop tagging him in photos.
    This can all be controlled through privacy settings. You do a search for me even logged into FB and zero pops up.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Myspace, Facebook and Twitter. Giving you an outlet to tell the world you're on the shitter since 2003.

Pewter
    '00 SS

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Myspace, Facebook and Twitter. Giving you an outlet to tell the world you're on the shitter since 2003.
    Completely agree.

Crazy to see how many people have or dont have facebook and their reasons why

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I have no desire to use facebook what so ever...

Pewter
    '00 SS

Me neither. Too much of a down side for me.

They also say that its a top 3 cause for divorce now too. Just too much drama for me and if you. Ant pick up the phone and call me, then i am just not going out of my way to facebook them

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

So don't have a facebook page, problem solved

Pewter
    '00 SS

I dont and thats not the point of all of this. Just simply asking who has or does not have it and what are the reasons.

1990 Mustang

I had an account for about 3 months then deactivated it because of all the stupid bs drama and posts. Like I give a shit that you had a muffin for lunch.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information