Thread: F1, irl, alms

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

F1, irl, alms

Does anyone watch these besides me? I just wanted to bitch about Vettle winning too much in F1, but I watch them all regularly.

red
    95 Z28

I cant stand F1. The cars are fantastic, but there really isn't any racing. The commentators go crazy when two cars get anywhere near each other, and rarely are first and second even in the same wide angle camera shot. It's a technology showcase. F1's glory days ended many years ago. IRL hasn't been interesting for years. ALMS and Grand Am is great stuff though. Earlier this year I got to watch the Grand Am Rolex cars practice for the 24 hours of Daytona.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I somewhat agree, there isn't a lot racing going on in F1, and is probably my least favorite to watch, but going 50+ laps and barely anyone even goes a lap down, that's amazing. One race I remember was exciting this year, plenty of passing going on, but when no one hardly moves a position, it gets boring.

I like IRL when it's grand prix races and it's a little more exciting to watch than F1.

ALMS is definitely a fun time to watch, and to me the most enjoyable. Did you see the race where the BMW driver went off course thinking the road went straight on the first lap, then ended up passing everyone in his class and getting 1st?

I still have never seen a Grand Am race, are they ever on TV?

First time watching anyone of these really, use to watch IRL on occasion, but now I have a DVR and can watch most of them.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    I somewhat agree, there isn't a lot racing going on in F1, and is probably my least favorite to watch, but going 50+ laps and barely anyone even goes a lap down, that's amazing.
    It's pretty easy to accomplish when you're on tracks that are about 3 mile road courses, and the races are all like 180 or so miles. Even in NASCAR hardly nobody goes a lap down at Sonoma or Watkins Glen unless they're involved in a wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    ALMS is definitely a fun time to watch, and to me the most enjoyable. Did you see the race where the BMW driver went off course thinking the road went straight on the first lap, then ended up passing everyone in his class and getting 1st?

I still have never seen a Grand Am race, are they ever on TV?
    All of Grand Am's major races are televised. Or at least they used to be on SPEED. Now that it's Fox sports one, it sucks. Fox should have just stuck to fucking up the news. Now they're doing their share to ruin motorsports coverage as well I'm sure the major races will be on somewhere.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Well hopefully the Grand Am series gets on more mainstream channels, not subscribing to more channels, already over pay the way it is

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

F1, irl, alms

I watched some of the F1 races on SPEED. I was more into Australian V8 Supercars. I think SPEED2 covers the races now. That network makes NO sense. You can only watch SPEED2 online. I'm waiting for the new season of WRC, World Touring Car Championship and Isle of Man TT on Velocity.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    I watched some of the F1 races on SPEED. I was more into Australian V8 Supercars. I think SPEED2 covers the races now. That network makes NO sense. You can only watch SPEED2 online. I'm waiting for the new season of WRC, World Touring Car Championship and Isle of Man TT on Velocity.
    I'm still mourning the loss of SPEED. Cant believe all we have to replace it is Fox Sports. Almost nothing motorsports related on there
    this post is meant as a joke and in no way should it be interpreted as a serious or meaningful reply. The author of this post cannot be held liable for any damages, both emotional and physical, that may be incurred from the reading of this post. By acknowledging this disclaimer you hereby release the author from any and all liability

Thread Information