Thread: F-Body Central

WS6 Rice Extermination MaxPlusTen's Avatar

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

F-Body Central

Hope this is the right place to post this... Just think its important everyone knows before you make your desicion to take your car here. The shop im talking about is located in balitmore md. Its called F-Body Central. Now let me start by saying at first i was pleased, they have great customer service and an over-all plesant disposition. I took my car to them back in novemember to have my gauge pillar installed and wired. No complaints... Later in December I went back to have my M.A.C. Midlenths installed along with an offroad y. Well originally they quoted me a 4 hour job... which i knew sounded like b.s. that anyone in there right mind would quote 4 hours of work on an LT1 header job. So i get there the morning we schedule the work and theres a massive confusion that my car was an LS1 and the install was 4 hours... so i had already made plans to set and wait with the car and i have no way to get home. They worked with me a little and got me back as far as fredrick md and i had a friend come meet me. More than id expect from most shops. Ok... come back the next day to pick up the car they told me would be done at 11... get there at 12...its not done... after an hour they finnaly get it all back together...we drive it home and overall im pleased. About a week later i started noticing a clunking noise in my front end. I neglected it for the first week but the 2nd week it kept getting worse. I put the car up on my lift and found two of the cradle bolts are hanging on by a thread. When they installed the headers they forgot to re-tighten the bolts. I called them and they say theyll make sure ittl never happen again... well... thanks but that dosent excuse the fact you almost destroyed my car. Ok i can deal with it... well while im under there i also notice im blowing a ton of oil. Week later i do my routine 3000 mile oil change. Find out theyve used conventional 10w-30 after i specifically requested 5w-30 synthetic mobil 1 (what ive always used...this goes back to the gauge install by the way from when they taped the block (which again was not what i asked for) for the oil temp sending unit) Well today all hell broke loose... im pulling into sheetz parking lot to fix a friends flat...go figure... and the freakin catback drops off of the y-pipe... i have no tools with me or anything to hold it up... have to waller around on the ground with a bottle jack and a bungee strap...and to top it off... it dosent hold all the way home. I will say again, there customer service is great, and there tuner Bret Shook is a shere genious... but when it comes to the simple details... watch out, they seem to overlook them. I dont want to drag down there reputation but i have a few buddys that have had simular problems. Just want to help people out from getting screwed. I wouldnt go to them for anything more than a tune. Hope i can help

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

the return key is your friend

whats up man, havent seen ya on in a while

WS6 Rice Extermination MaxPlusTen's Avatar

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

lol, sorry. Tired and frustrated with the whole thing so, didnt feel like paragraphing that lol. Yea ive been lurking, need to get back on here more.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

That sucks! Did they not tighten the Y-pipe to mid-pipe clamp? Are they gonna give you a new mid-pipe since it scraped the ground?

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPlusTen View Post
    lol, sorry. Tired and frustrated with the whole thing so, didnt feel like paragraphing that lol. Yea ive been lurking, need to get back on here more.
    As long as they are complete sentences, it doesn't really matter

Thread Information