Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Experiences with Ls1.com

I am just curious about everyone elses experiences with this site and what is the most help you have ever gotten from this site. I personally have recieved an insane amount of help from this site and my car would not be what it is today without help from the members of this site. I have recieved so much help and advise on my nitrous kit from Mrr23 and I went through my heads and cam swap with Orion and without him I dont think I ever would have gotten it back together. On top of that I am still having minor issues with the car and have to pull my harmonic balancer off so I asked orion what I need to buy to make an installation tool to put my balancer back on so he just sent me his. There are alot of great members on this site and I wanted to make a thread where people can share this these types of experiences with everyone so go ahead and post them up.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

i'll tell ya what, this site is awesome, because its really like a big family in a screwed up kinda way. i have learned a lot more than i ever imagined on the inner workings of the ls1 and the potential they have. i have learned how to make my shitbox look better from Y2K, cam talk with SSwt00ss, and disagreements that led to a healthy dose of knowledge from black cloud. mrr23 always trying to hit ya with some knowledge while keeping the peace to spaz and his crazy shit to sleeperc5 and dj with their hormones.

ive learned alot about installs just like juiced has said and have become way more open minded from reading others points of view. it really is a great site because you feel like everyones got your back.

i also have the weirdest thing with picturing sarge as stevie ray vaughan with a bottle of jack typing life lesson out on the computer.

and i listen.....

hands down this site is bad ass!

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

Yeah, I second that ^

I even learned a little lesson regarding my home central air the other day. For cars my bro is a mechanic so I kinda listen to his advice. But I defininitely look and absorb info here.

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

good people, good times here at ls1.com! haha
    i love the site, and the people here, it seems after the crash only the good people came back *had some problems before but they are GONE*
    i think someone said before its like a bar, find where u fit in and stay there.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Nastyfoot View Post
    Yeah, I second that ^

I even learned a little lesson regarding my home central air the other day. For cars my bro is a mechanic so I kinda listen to his advice. But I defininitely look and absorb info here.
    your trailer has central air? ballin'

haha jk you know i couldn't resist

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

it would cost many $$$$$$$$$ to get the info u get on here for free

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

Quote Originally Posted by derrinx View Post
    your trailer has central air? ballin'

haha jk you know i couldn't resist
    You turd!

You know what, it does actually have central air!

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

i like the fact that when a question gets asked, reguardless of how dumb it may be. uhmmmburns.. no one really get's flamed.. and even if you're interested in a mod that not every one is keen on, you don't really get flamed too much, and if you do start getting flamed, other memebers got your back..

so yeah, like a big bar family.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

The biggest change I have noticed concerning my posts is that I went from being the one asking questions to the one answering them.

I try to help as much as possible.

If it wasn't for several of the Rocky Mountain members....I would have never gotten my car running as well. Thanks again guys!!!!

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

i learned most of my stuff in 2001-2002 here.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by juiced99ws6 View Post
    I am just curious about everyone elses experiences with this site and what is the most help you have ever gotten from this site. I personally have recieved an insane amount of help from this site and my car would not be what it is today without help from the members of this site. I have recieved so much help and advise on my nitrous kit from Mrr23 and I went through my heads and cam swap with Orion and without him I dont think I ever would have gotten it back together. On top of that I am still having minor issues with the car and have to pull my harmonic balancer off so I asked orion what I need to buy to make an installation tool to put my balancer back on so he just sent me his. There are alot of great members on this site and I wanted to make a thread where people can share this these types of experiences with everyone so go ahead and post them up.
    thanks for the kind words but you started it when I needed valve covers and you did an even swap with me. That really helped me out and saved me some work on my car. I just returned the favor.
    I've had good experiences with a ton of people from the site. I read posts in the AAG or multimedia sections when I need a laugh and you guys always come through. There's a bunch of good guys on this site that help each other out. It's cool to be a part of this with all of you.
    I know it's always considered a suck up move but Ed puts a ton of work into this site. I'm just a mod and it definitely requires some time and dedication. What Ed does is a lifestyle.
    I think everyone knows the importance of having Sarge around after his sebaticle earlier this year. He brings a lot of wisdom and experience to the site.
    I'm not gonna list everyone out but all of the mods do a lot of hard work on the site and I think it shows. Go to other sites and I don't think many have the same atmosphere this one has. Good place full of good people.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

I have joined at other sites and none compare to this one

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

I love it, very good people, good wisdom, and Im here for the entertainment....LOL.....I think it's a great site...I do some flaming, but I try to do it tactfully....LOL

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I have been fortunate enough to meet a couple members from the site and hope to meet more in the future. Almost every person I have encountered on this site has been a pleasant experience, and someone I would hang out with.

I can also say I have learned a lot from the site and the other mods. Anytime I am looking for technical knowledge that I don't have experience with, I seek out mrr23 and for wisdom and laughter, Sarge is the man. I think all of the mods on here have helped me at some point or another though. Of all the car forums I am on, this one has the best atmosphere, none of the others even compare for me.

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

I love this site. I found my heads/cam info on this site. I got a lot of feedback from a lot of people. I can honestly say that this is one of the friendliest and coolest forums I have ever been on. The people are all cool. The only down side is that there aren't too many members from my neck of the woods. BUT...if any on y'all ever come to Sacramento, I'd love to meet up, look at our rides, and buy you a beer...or a soda or something.
    "I am the executioner. When a crime is committed and the exalted state does not take vengeance nor move to punish, then comes time for the executioner to declare himself. I have waited long enough. The criminals are hereby sentenced to death. By fire. By earth. By water."

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Anthracis View Post
    I love this site. I found my heads/cam info on this site. I got a lot of feedback from a lot of people. I can honestly say that this is one of the friendliest and coolest forums I have ever been on. The people are all cool. The only down side is that there aren't too many members from my neck of the woods. BUT...if any on y'all ever come to Sacramento, I'd love to meet up, look at our rides, and buy you a beer...or a soda or something.
    Hey, If I make it to Sacramento, I want a case....hahaha....we'll get tore down and mess with some ricers....or stangs, or both...LOL

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedblackgto View Post
    Hey, If I make it to Sacramento, I want a case....hahaha....we'll get tore down and mess with some ricers....or stangs, or both...LOL
    Anytime!!...c'mon down. I'll get the barbacoa warmed up and the beer iced down! That goes for all of yous fockers.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

im too lazy to type out experiences or what not so...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    i learned most of my stuff in 2001-2002 here.
    how? lol u joined in almost 2003 haha

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information