Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Everyone please vote for us to get a drag strip...

PLEASE VOTE..we have been trying to get a drag strip for years. Please take 2 seconds and vote yes.

http://www.kolnkgin.com/news

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Voted YES.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Thank you so much. The city council voted no for our drag strip a few years ago. We have no where to race and we just want to be safe. The drag strip would cost the city 0 dollars and they denied it. All it would do is bring more money to the city.

Thanks to anyone that votes...please take two seconds and tell your friends or vote multiple times at work etc...

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

I voted yes as well...

We went without a dragstrip here for a few months and man it was hell for me, we would get together on the side of the freeway like the gateway and run our cars there at like 2-3 ib the morning.. we had to do it somehow

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS SLP M6

i voted yes for you. I have 4 race tracks with in 1 hour from my house. I was just telling my brother how fuckin lucky we are to have so many tracks.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Done

Yes - 92.4%
    No - 7.6%

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Yes, thank you every one. I will have to link this to other sites as well. We are getting to word across.

Here's an interview done with one of the locals. He contacted the media after he was cited for drag racing with a friend. Luckily I wasn't there that day The Nebraksa State Patrol was cruising in their helicopter when they saw smoke from a burnout. Turned into a pretty sweet video which can be seen below.
    http://www.kolnkgin.com/home/headlines/50904922.html

Red
    1999 Grand Prix GTP

Voted
    Yes - 93.6%
    No - 6.4%

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Yeah I voted too.....didn't want this to happen to you guys.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Voted yes

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Thanks everyone

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Can anyone spread this to other forums that i don't know?

White
    '10 ZR1

It's too bad this vote really doesn't mean anything.................it's the county officials that need to get on board.

If you're really serious, form a group - do some advertising - attend any county official meetings you're allowed to - start a petition - find out who has the capability of actually building a drag strip in your area - make friends with 'the neighbors' very early in the talks, and get them to 'buy in' to the idea of a drag strip.

There's a lot more to it than just voting on a poll of a news station website.

Good luck! It'll be a battle!

and, btw, I voted "yes"

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Voted YES

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

I have 4 within an hour or less as well.

Ignorant people, just like why my county is one of the few PROHIBITION countys... ug

and

GOOD LUCK!

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    It's too bad this vote really doesn't mean anything.................it's the county officials that need to get on board.

If you're really serious, form a group - do some advertising - attend any county official meetings you're allowed to - start a petition - find out who has the capability of actually building a drag strip in your area - make friends with 'the neighbors' very early in the talks, and get them to 'buy in' to the idea of a drag strip.

There's a lot more to it than just voting on a poll of a news station website.

Good luck! It'll be a battle!

and, btw, I voted "yes"
    I know, i know, but hear me out. This poll will be seen by the people of lincoln and city officials, they can't just ignore it and it sure as hell will not hurt our cause.

We are creating flyers, t-shirts, websites, facebook groups and we contacted the man that would pay for the drag strip. He might be getting interested again. It was denied 3 years ago, we just need to get more people on board and informed about what we want to do. The internet isn't very big in nebraska with older people, so we need to get the word out to the older generation in any way we can.

We will be handing out the flyers to every local car show and the money we make from t-shirts will help pay the tickets for the two guys that got caught.

The money for the strip will be provided privately by one individual. We just need the city council to allow it to be built I guess. Or the county.
    Last edited by allbaugh_04; 07-16-2009 at 07:51 AM.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    I know, i know, but hear me out. This poll will be seen by the people of lincoln and city officials, they can't just ignore it and it sure as hell will not hurt our cause.

We are creating flyers, t-shirts, websites, facebook groups and we contacted the man that would pay for the drag strip. He might be getting interested again. It was denied 3 years ago, we just need to get more people on board and informed about what we want to do. The internet isn't very big in nebraska with older people, so we need to get the word out to the older generation in any way we can.

We will be handing out the flyers to every local car show and the money we make from t-shirts will help pay the tickets for the two guys that got caught.

The money for the strip will be provided privately by one individual. We just need the city council to allow it to be built I guess. Or county the county.
    I would contact the state honestly and see what they could help with

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post

The money for the strip will be provided privately by one individual. We just need the city council to allow it to be built I guess. Or the county.
    Where ever this thing gets built, the area it gets built in most likely will need to be re-zoned. There's so much more to it..........drilling wells for water supply needs for the track, water treated for potable water, and the list goes on. But don't put the wagon ahead of the horse.......and don't assume all of the officials are going to see this one-time little poll. In a week, people aren't going to be revisiting the website and doing a search to find it. City/county officials have tons of irons in the fire, and this would be an easy thing for them to put on the back burner. I followed the progress of a drag strip that was trying to get built around here, and it was a battle.

By no means am I trying to discourage what you all are trying to do - but step back, and be objective and realistic about it at the same time, and then go after it. It can get done - I hope it gets done - hell, I think it'd be cool if it did and you were an integral part of it.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

It's ok, keep being a negative nancy...

It's all over the news right now, the time is now...

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

voted yes. good luck, keep pressing the fact you need a safe place to race. Has your area had many street racing crashes? if so, dring that up at the town meeting.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information