White
    2001 SS #3504

ever taken an offer not serious???

Ok just for starters I have had alot of people offer to buy my SS although I don't want to sell it. But today a young kid maybe 17 offered me 25k for the SS. To be honest I thought he was blowing smoke so I just shrugged him off. after he left the tire shop I was at, the owner told me that the kid was loaded and he could have paid cash for it, I went into shock, Geez thats almost double what I paid for it over a year ago. Don't get me wrong I love my SS but I would sell it for that hell I could buy another one and have plenty of mod money left over. So I got the kids name from the shop owner and he told me kinda where he lives so I believe I'm going to go talk with him, thats if I can find him. Boy I feel stupid. apparently he comes from one of the wealthiest families around here and mommy gets him whatever he wants no matter the cost according to the shop owner. Never know the new Camaro may find a home with me.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Eh, not a fan of the new Maro but I bet if you sold your current SS and got a new one. The new one would come with problems. Thats just how life works sometimes.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

At first when I read 17, I thought don't take advantage. But, if the kid is loaded I say go for it.

You can buy a lot of Camaro for that. I saw a few Vettes for that price I would have like to have as well

But, make sure his parents are on board. He is a minor...

White
    2001 SS #3504

Quote Originally Posted by TempleU_WS6 View Post
    Eh, not a fan of the new Maro but I bet if you sold your current SS and got a new one. The new one would come with problems. Thats just how life works sometimes.
    Yea you are probably right. Thats my kind of luck, But I do like the new camaro.

White
    2001 SS #3504

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    At first when I read 17, I thought don't take advantage. But, if the kid is loaded I say go for it.

You can buy a lot of Camaro for that. I saw a few Vettes for that price I would have like to have as well

But, make sure his parents are on board. He is a minor...
    From the sounds of his parents the get him whatever. As far as a Vette No not enough seats. I have two boy's and they both love riding in the camaro. But I always wanted a 66 Nova SS

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by TempleU_WS6 View Post

+1... it's a fat ass pig of a car... it's over all height is way to high... it has trash can lid sized rims... and could have had a bit more defined curves... gm should hire me for the helping in design of cars... and also hire me to veto the new car in to production...

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Quote Originally Posted by casperss View Post
    Yea you are probably right. Thats my kind of luck, But I do like the new camaro.
    It kinda grew on me after seeing Transformers but after i saw it in person at the Auto Show i wasnt a fan. The one there was a vert though, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Ill have to check em out when my local chevy dealer gets em.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Show the kid pictures of mine if you don't mind and tell him mine is for sale as well, for the right price

White
    2001 SS #3504

well I guess It's, If I can find him first. but the more I think about it the more i realize how much I like my SS.

White
    2001 SS #3504

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Show the kid pictures of mine if you don't mind and tell him mine is for sale as well, for the right price
    will do thats if I don't sell him mine.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

well I guess It's, If I can find him first. but the more I think about it the more i realize how much I like my SS.
    you were probably smart to shoot him down the firs time... he will probably be afraid to come down (money wise) on his offer now...

pewter
    '99 408 firehawk

happened to me...i was 18 tryin to be an SS heads,cam,9''and a nitrous kit unistalled.. from some guy in florida off tech...told him i was going to the bank to get the loan, i would call him back the next day...i did and he said that he would hold the car, he asked my age and i told him i was 18, he said ok thats cool...call him the next day to tell him i got the money and makin arrangements to fly down,he told me when i could come and started makin arrangements, then he says i sold the nitrous kit and the 9'' last night, i didnt think you were a serious buyer...hung up on the guy...then two months later i sent him a picture of my new firehawk, he still hadnt sold the car...

White
    2001 SS #3504

Funny thing is when I told my wife she said "and you didn't break his arm tring to get the money."

White
    2001 SS #3504

Quote Originally Posted by fordownsall View Post
    happened to me...i was 18 tryin to be an SS heads,cam,9''and a nitrous kit unistalled.. from some guy in florida off tech...told him i was going to the bank to get the loan, i would call him back the next day...i did and he said that he would hold the car, he asked my age and i told him i was 18, he said ok thats cool...call him the next day to tell him i got the money and makin arrangements to fly down,he told me when i could come and started makin arrangements, then he says i sold the nitrous kit and the 9'' last night, i didnt think you were a serious buyer...hung up on the guy...then two months later i sent him a picture of my new firehawk, he still hadnt sold the car...
    Can't blame you on that. I would have done the same thing.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

From the sounds of his parents the get him whatever. As far as a Vette No not enough seats. I have two boy's and they both love riding in the camaro. But I always wanted a 66 Nova SS
    That works!!!

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Yeah, I had a tat shop owner in owensboro want to buy my car and I said I had already threw well over 13k in it(including buying price) and he said money doesnt matter.. thought he was joking too..

Thread Information