Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EliteXc fights!

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Thumbs down EliteXc fights!

Anyone watch the fights on tv last night. I didnt like it and thought some of the fights sucked. And the kimbo fight lol. He might have improved but I thought it was still sad. They said his ground game improved. Didnt see it.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Seemed to me like the ref was told to keep it in Kimbos favor. Twice when THompson was on top of him ground and pounding the ref broke it up and said nothing was happening. WTF? Then there was the end. I thought it should have continued. It was free anyway but still.

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Hell-yeah, the ref was giving kimbo chances out the ass to get up, how about when his ear popped..the chick fight was good also. kimbo needs more cardio he's out off gas after 1st..

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Chick fight was good, the Lawler fight was getting good but started out lame.

im pretty sure EliteXC is using Kimbo as their poster boy to continue to grow interest in them instead of UFC. I actually think Kimbo lost what he had in those backyard fights he used to be in, looks like he trys to hard to think about what Jiu-jitsu move he needs to do. but i like him anyways, he is a pretty nice guy acutally

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

comintator was funny, after the chick fight he says, man her face looks like a ransome note. lol

black
    00 T/A

Lawler/Smith fight was turning into a classic..they were trading punches like bonnar/griffin...eye poke was a bs stoppage he is supposed to get 5 minutes..i was routing for smith

I enjoyed the kimbo fight and i did see where his ground game improved in the 1st round he reversed positioning 2 times and avoided taking punishment on the ground in the 1st round...he gassed out early and the stoppage was early but the dude was clearly out on his feet...you could see it in his eyes...thats why he smacked the ref

Carano fight was good and she is much better than she actually showed she was just exhausted becasue she cut over 20lbs of weight for the fight...american gladiators required her to be between 155-170 for taping and it only wrapped up filming 3 weeks ago..

the other fights were jokes...

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Looked to me like Thompson smacked the ref soley for stopping the fight.

black
    00 T/A

lol...go find a clip of the fight he was out of it lol..his eyes were so glazed over it was ridiculous...that big goofy brit didnt even know where he was

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

It was pretty ridiculous, but free, so you can't really complain. They tried to make it too much like pro wrestling, like with Busta Rymes and all the rap and such and with the strippers/cheerleaders dancing around. More BS than fighting for my tastes. As for the fighting the best fight by far was the Cerano fight. The first and second fights were a joke. The Lawler fight should have never been stopped as it was starting to get good. I honestly think they stopped it because they were allready running way over time. As for Kimbo, I really like him but this just showed that he is no MMA fighter. Thompson was a patsy supposed to go down in a minute and he almost won the fight. Probably would have if the ref didn't keep standing them back up for no reason. Put Kimbo in the ring with a decent UFC fighter and he is done. Thomsons ear should have been drained before the fight. It was obviously going to blow and you knew all Kimbo had to do was pop it and the fight was over. I'm surprised it took so long.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Haha. Brett Rogers (dude that one the 1st fight) called Kimbo out backstage after the fight. Said he's garbage and he definaetely tapped.
    http://my.break.com/content/view.aspx?ContentID=512086

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

I sooo wanna fuck Carano but it would have to be voluntary...I bet she could kick the shit out of most guys around her size

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!! michaelinchains's Avatar

black
    `99 GTP/`98 formy(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by yellowv View Post
    It was pretty ridiculous, but free, so you can't really complain. They tried to make it too much like pro wrestling, like with Busta Rymes and all the rap and such and with the strippers/cheerleaders dancing around. More BS than fighting for my tastes. As for the fighting the best fight by far was the Cerano fight. The first and second fights were a joke. The Lawler fight should have never been stopped as it was starting to get good. I honestly think they stopped it because they were allready running way over time. As for Kimbo, I really like him but this just showed that he is no MMA fighter. Thompson was a patsy supposed to go down in a minute and he almost won the fight. Probably would have if the ref didn't keep standing them back up for no reason. Put Kimbo in the ring with a decent UFC fighter and he is done. Thomsons ear should have been drained before the fight. It was obviously going to blow and you knew all Kimbo had to do was pop it and the fight was over. I'm surprised it took so long.

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    I sooo wanna fuck Carano but it would have to be voluntary...I bet she could kick the shit out of most guys around her size
    I bet she could kick the shit out of most guys period.

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

good fight tonight 9:00 on channel VS.

Urijah faber vs. Jens pulver

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Quote Originally Posted by doberman 152 View Post
    good fight tonight 9:00 on channel VS.

Urijah faber vs. Jens pulver
    I missed the last fight, who won?

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by redls1 View Post
    I missed the last fight, who won?
    Faber.

Black
    1995 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by slplswon View Post
    ...but the dude was clearly out on his feet...you could see it in his eyes...thats why he smacked the ref...
    Yeah other points in the fight he had that classic "dumb" glazed look on his face, priceless. For instance when Kimbo upper cutted him he had that look also.

red
    2002 ss camaro

yea faber won and was pretty impressive but jen's chin was solid cause he took a beating.

black
    01 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by knappbunch View Post
    yea faber won and was pretty impressive but jen's chin was solid cause he took a beating.
    yea he did multiple chin smacks and he would come back... I was a little dissapointed by jens, his cardio must not have been all there ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information