Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

98 Formula
    06 duramax

ebola shit is getting a little too real......

My wife is an RN and they've been putting in plans at the hospital for ebola patients if they get any. That's a good thing I guess since the infected nurse made a trip home to Akron to visit last week. Theoretically it could start turning up in the hospitals here sooner rather than later. So because 1 dumbass lies and gets on a plane to transport that shit out of hell now we get to worry if my wife will come into contact with it or bring it home to me and the kids.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    So because 1 dumbass lies and gets on a plane to transport that shit out of hell now we get to worry if my wife will come into contact with it or bring it home to me and the kids.
    Unfortunately, that is only the FIRST dumbass. There are so many more out there.

blue
    1999 TransAm

..well, that, and the fact that the nurse actually called the CDC, told them she had a fever, and the CDC told her to go ahead and fly on the commercial airliner... ...or, the fact that our policy for keeping infected people from coming into the country is a screen door and IR thermometer (hint: the "screening" procedures were already breached, ineffective)... or, "maybe" the fact that we are not imposing travel restrictions on people coming to America from the infected countries!!!!

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Didn't they ask us to burn the village it started in to the ground? A few for the good of many? I wonder how all the disease would be if we had killed all the monkeys a hundred years ago. We wouldn't have HIV or Ebola, right?

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

There should be a wall of rifles stopping anybody from leaving that country...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

it's some silly shit really how this is being handled by the authorities......why let people travel freely between these countries? Here's another thing....if you're a health care worker or journalist and you go over there and get infected then your ass needs to stay there until you die or it gets cured....whichever comes first.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    There should be a wall of rifles stopping anybody from leaving that country...
    Can't do that...somebody will cry racism or discrimination...political correctness and stupidity are in full swing right now.

The fact that Obama came out and said we can't stop flights because of economic reasons is pretty comical and scary all at the same time because he either means it or he thinks people will actually buy that bs...the government needs to get things under control immediately because it's getting dangerously close to a tipping point that they can't control. We're not there yet and I'm not saying people need to panic, but we're one missed person away from an outbreak. Hell, that person could be on a plane heading this way right now and we'd never know because they don't have a fever.........
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

3 people have it here out of 320+ million. How many die from cancer, car accidents, drunk driving, and a thousand other things each day? The hype is uncalled for in my opinion. Not to dismiss it, but I wouldn't believe for a second what you see or hear on the media. There's a hidden agenda going on.
    Last edited by 35th-ANV-SS; 10-17-2014 at 09:35 AM.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Didn't they ask us to burn the village it started in to the ground? A few for the good of many? I wonder how all the disease would be if we had killed all the monkeys a hundred years ago. We wouldn't have HIV or Ebola, right?
    Monkey's?? Are you refering to african's? or african american people?
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion
    I tried reading that article but it had too many words.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    3 people have it here out of 320+ million. How many die from cancer, car accidents, drunk driving, and a thousand other things each day? The hype is uncalled for in my opinion. Not to dismiss it, but I wouldn't believe for a second what you see or here on the media. There's a hidden agenda going on.
    75,000 people die from staph infections every year in hospitals...that's what worries me. If they can't control something like that, how in the world can they control one of the most deadly substances on the planet?

Like I said before, I'm not saying people should panic but be aware...don't assume the cdc is telling the truth or in control because they contradict themselves every day...I hope they are in control, but actions tell me that they aren't. Takes up to 30 days to develop symptoms but they only check your temperature when you enter the country...makes perfect sense lol

"you can give it to other people on a bus, but you can't get it from other people on a bus..."

Direct quote from the head of the cdc from a conference he did today...
    Last edited by theorangeguy; 10-16-2014 at 08:49 PM.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by Murder after Midnight View Post
    HIV came from actual monkeys...pretty sure that's what he was referring to lol take a breath before hoping on the racism wagon.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Example: http://www.theeventchronicle.com/ebola/ghana-ebola-real-people-gotten-sick-got-shots-red-cross/

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Example: http://www.theeventchronicle.com/ebola/ghana-ebola-real-people-gotten-sick-got-shots-red-cross/
    That goes in line with everything I've heard about this being a ploy for marshal law...which also makes perfect sense...either way, i think something isn't right.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Martial (as in Martial Arts) not Marshal...

The WORD NAZI strikes again!

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Martial (as in Martial Arts) not Marshal...

The WORD NAZI strikes again!
    When it's this late I don't even think it matters lol at least I spelled staph right...Most people would have said staff haha

Black
    2001 Ws6

I'm starting to think it's almost a air-borne virus someone sneezing or coughing on you might be enough to spread.... Not cool

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Murder after Midnight View Post
    This is your one and only verbal warning.

Quote Originally Posted by War Theory View Post
    I'm starting to think it's almost a air-borne virus someone sneezing or coughing on you might be enough to spread.... Not cool
    Uh yeah it's not an airborne virus.
    this post is meant as a joke and in no way should it be interpreted as a serious or meaningful reply. The author of this post cannot be held liable for any damages, both emotional and physical, that may be incurred from the reading of this post. By acknowledging this disclaimer you hereby release the author from any and all liability

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Quote Originally Posted by War Theory View Post
    That means it isn't airborne somehow
    Never let a crisis go to waste
    83 Thunderturd even bigger turd probably LQ4 4L80 swap at some point
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    the guys here know how to find a nekkid chick farting into a cake but 2+2 stumps the shit out of 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    My brain must be defective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Says the king of mockery and shit talking

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

I think I'm going to buy an old school bus and make that my DD.

Probably turn it into a camper and sleep in it too.

The CDC says you can't get it on a bus.

That said, my wife was an RN for years, and if the nurses in Dallas contracted it after following the precautions they take with anyone who appears infectious, this is going to be almost Captain Trips if it gets out into the public.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

my understanding is that the nurse that got it did so when she was taking her protective gear off. Accidents happen in any job. If you work at McDonalds you mess up and burn a hambuger.....if you're a nurse and mess up you could potentially die. A bunch of years ago my wife got stuck by a needle. Went through a whole shit ton of tests and everything came back fine but that easily could've worked out a whole lot worse for her. A friend of ours sister did the same thing.....accidental needle stick.....and she got hepatitis out of the deal. Ebola is a whole different ball game though.....it could be the next great plague if it becomes airborne. It kills pretty quick which is a good thing really as far as containing it.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information