Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Early Christmas gift!! Discuss.....

So I ended up getting an early gift from my father last night.... Of course he gives it to me THE NIGHT I put my car into storage for the winter. I'm tempted to take it out just to play with my new toy!!! We have a variety of floor jacks at home but all of them are too tall to fit under my lowered hawk. I guess he felt bad watching me futz with wood and ramps and even the cars included jack soooooooo he got me THIS!! I guess you can say this is officially the first piece of my "own" garage since everything I've used up till now belongs to him.

Got me thinking.... what does everyone else use to lift their rides? oh and before anyone says it yes I use jack stands!!

ok... DISCUSS!!!!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i use this to lift my car...

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Who's pimp ass Blazer?

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    Who's pimp ass Blazer?
    that is my mom and dads "community" blazer... i'm borrowing it when ever i'm working on my car... same with my brother... and sister...

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

Your dad rocks

mine gets me socks

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

While I would LOVE to have a lift the fact that my garage is teeny tiny kind of makes that rather pointless.... for what I've got to work with this jack is like a godsend! Besides If I did have a garage big enough to accomodate a lift you could be damn sure I'd have bought myself one by now lol.

Papa Spaz's Vette is lookin mighty fine. I'm rather sad I missed the line lock test at Spazpalooza. I didn't even get to hear it idle. always 2010!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    While I would LOVE to have a lift the fact that my garage is teeny tiny kind of makes that rather pointless.... for what I've got to work with this jack is like a godsend! Besides If I did have a garage big enough to accomodate a lift you could be damn sure I'd have bought myself one by now lol.

Papa Spaz's Vette is lookin mighty fine. I'm rather sad I missed the line lock test at Spazpalooza. I didn't even get to hear it idle. always 2010!
    them lifts run around $1,700.00 or so... they stand about 8' tall but you don't have to rais your car all the way up...

yeah man... the line lock test was pure sex... them 345's leave some wide ass rubber marks!!!it's like havinga steam roller for wheels...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

345's you say.... bah... it'd never work on the hawk. I'm hitting the inner lip with 275's. If all goes well this spring will see new bump stops. a Moser 9" with 4.11's double adjustable LCA's a Watts link new sway bars all poly bushings, relocation brackets and I think that about covers it. I love my rims but after all that i'm thinking I might want to go the 315 route. but hammering the inner well and probably having to roll my already damaged lip are two points that don't sound so hot to me.... yeah 345's wouldn't work.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

345's you say.... bah... it'd never work on the hawk. I'm hitting the inner lip with 275's. If all goes well this spring will see new bump stops. a Moser 9" with 4.11's double adjustable LCA's a Watts link new sway bars all poly bushings, relocation brackets and I think that about covers it. I love my rims but after all that i'm thinking I might want to go the 315 route. but hammering the inner well and probably having to roll my already damaged lip are two points that don't sound so hot to me.... yeah 345's wouldn't work.
    315's will fit with out rolling the fenders... you may hav e to hammer the inside a little here and there...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

I have 275 BF Goodrich G-Force Sports on there now and with the stock tapered bump stops and no spacers the outside sidewall hits the fender lip on sudden bumps. I need to get the WS6 bump stops or maybe a new set of the white tapered ones and put the spacers back on because it ate the paint and if I don't tend to it I'm going to end up with car cancer.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

I have 275 BF Goodrich G-Force Sports on there now and with the stock tapered bump stops and no spacers the outside sidewall hits the fender lip on sudden bumps. I need to get the WS6 bump stops or maybe a new set of the white tapered ones and put the spacers back on because it ate the paint and if I don't tend to it I'm going to end up with car cancer.
    is your rear centered???

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

you would think that.... if only it were that simple... both sides are rubbing LOLOLOL.... i think the right more than the left but most certainly both sides are hitting.

Oh and at my last alignment the car registered as being nearly perfectly square. barely .1 degree off perfect

2011 Prius

Just a cheap jack, never had a car really low.

But for stands, cheap sears stands. Then we have fancy aircraft stands for airplanes or pulling an engine out the bottom of certain cars.
    1988 Chevy Corvette on ebay, final hours auction!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Funny.... I knew someone selling a nearly identical vette about a year ago. although asking much more than the current bid, also in FL. You looking to buy that car SHines-IT?? Not offering to find out if it's the same one. Just sayin... looks nice. I like the C4 vettes

2011 Prius

Funny.... I knew someone selling a nearly identical vette about a year ago. although asking much more than the current bid, also in FL. You looking to buy that car SHines-IT?? Not offering to find out if it's the same one. Just sayin... looks nice. I like the C4 vettes
    That's our vette, my stepdads.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

LSCyaL8R, I never knew you had a "tuner" car. Our F-bodies are way better than that!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Too Fast... Indeed.... Can't blame them for the description. How many american muscle cars do you know of with only 3 inches of room to squeeze a jack in? This thing is going to make my life a bit easier. Gotta love the rubber pad too!!! Makes me wish it was springtime already. I wanna put this thing to the test. I might just change the oil on my Satty just so I can use my new jack. LOLOL

Thread Information