Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dyson DC14

2011 Prius

Dyson DC14

Just bought one for my apartment, sounds like a damn 747 about to take off... So I took it back, I mean how else am I so post to sleep in and the other half clean?

Any advice on a not so jet screaming vacuum or did I just have a lemon?

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

They maybe a little louder but my wifes swears by her dysons. She says they clean better then the previious she had. I heard costco has this version for $299. What did you pay?

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

You probably just got a lemon. I've got the Dyson DC25 Animal Ball and it's not that loud. But, it's a damn good upright vacuum.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

No one would know better then Orion best wait for his advice.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    No one would know better then Orion best wait for his advice.
    Even I'm >
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    You probably just got a lemon. I've got the Dyson DC25 Animal Ball and it's not that loud. But, it's a damn good upright vacuum.
    I was looking at that, but is that much better then the DC14? What is the reason behind the animal ball?

My mother had a Kirby when I was old enough to clean the entire house and get a cool $10. That was a damn good vacum, but can't justify the price.

Quote Originally Posted by redls1 View Post
    They maybe a little louder but my wifes swears by her dysons. She says they clean better then the previious she had. I heard costco has this version for $299. What did you pay?
    $329.99...

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

We had a kirby in the house when I was growing up to.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by redls1 View Post
    We had a kirby in the house when I was growing up to.
    Mother bought hers in the mid 90's. It's getting kinda old, does not work anymore... She said I can have it, but I took it to a couple shops. They wanted like $180-250 to repair it. I could not see paying that, because it's old and parts are hard to get. Bags are hard to get, either have to drive 30-50 mins depending on traffic or order them...

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    I was looking at that, but is that much better then the DC14? What is the reason behind the animal ball?
    Maneuverability. As a rule, I don't care for uprights. They are very boxy. Back and forth. Where as a canister is more maneuverable around corners etc.. The Animal ball is extremely powerful and the ball gives the upright design almost the same maneuverability as a canister. Just adds the mega power of the Animal. And, the name 'animal' is pretty self explanatory.

You're not going to get one for $329 though.

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EFMD8W/ref=nosim/?tag=fatwalletcom&linkCode=as1[/ame]

2011 Prius

Maneuverability. As a rule, I don't care for uprights. They are very boxy. Back and forth. Where as a canister is more maneuverable around corners etc.. The Animal ball is extremely powerful and the ball gives the upright design almost the same maneuverability as a canister. Just adds the mega power of the Animal. And, the name 'animal' is pretty self explanatory.

You're not going to get one for $329 though.
    Best Buy has it for $499... I am looking for long term investment, not another $30 pos I have to replace in 5 months. I still have my Dobie in my apartment, so fur is really the biggest thing. Plus when he gets dirty only place I have to clean him is in the shower, so I tend to get a few foot prints from the front door to the bathroom.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Best Buy has it for $499... I am looking for long term investment, not another $30 pos I have to replace in 5 months. I still have my Dobie in my apartment, so fur is really the biggest thing. Plus when he gets dirty only place I have to clean him is in the shower, so I tend to get a few foot prints from the front door to the bathroom.
    That's a good price. And, it's amazing on animal hair which is important for me around here

It is a good investment. I've never had an issue with mine and I've had it for at least 2, maybe 3 years now.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

we have a dyson......been pretty happy with it. The only real complaint I have about it is it sucks to do stairs with. Our old vacuum was easier to do stairs with.....just pull the hose and pop on the attachment and go. With the dyson you have to take the hose loose, pull the damn wand thing out of the hose, and put on the retarded attachment that always wants to swivel in the wrong direction.

2011 Prius

I think I will just swing for the DC25, reviews say it's better. Videos of both Vacuums seem not to be as loud as that jet I had. So I think it was just that one. Probably pick it up Tuesday, since I am going down to Valencia (will go past Bestbuy).

I really want something like a rug docter, I rent the damn thing every 6-8 months. I like my carpet to be perfect, well everything to be just clean and tidy (try to be). What sucks, is the owner place like an off white carpet with some sort of almost white nautral tile in the wet areas.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    we have a dyson......been pretty happy with it. The only real complaint I have about it is it sucks to do stairs with. Our old vacuum was easier to do stairs with.....just pull the hose and pop on the attachment and go. With the dyson you have to take the hose loose, pull the damn wand thing out of the hose, and put on the retarded attachment that always wants to swivel in the wrong direction.
    I don't have stairs in this house. But, things like that is exactly why I loved my canisters. I don't love the way the attachments work on the Dyson, or uprights for that matter, either. But, you get used to it and end up with a system

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I think I will just swing for the DC25, reviews say it's better. Videos of both Vacuums seem not to be as loud as that jet I had. So I think it was just that one. Probably pick it up Tuesday, since I am going down to Valencia (will go past Bestbuy).

I really want something like a rug docter, I rent the damn thing every 6-8 months. I like my carpet to be perfect, well everything to be just clean and tidy (try to be). What sucks, is the owner place like an off white carpet with some sort of almost white nautral tile in the wet areas.
    if you buy a steam cleaner don't get one of those home models......you'll be disappointed. I've borrowed my brothers and my sister in laws and both were disappointing. The only ones that work are the comercial models or whatever....the expensive ones.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I've got a Hoover steam cleaner/shampooer. The new model isn't built as well as the old one. The plastic is cheaper and prone to cracking. But, overall, works well and pretty reasonably priced. I wouldn't be without one. It's nice to have when needed and not have to rent.

The DC25 rocks. Go to bed bath and beyond. You can try them out there. You don't have to buy it there, but being able to check it out is nice. Not sure if you can at best buy.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    if you buy a steam cleaner don't get one of those home models......you'll be disappointed. I've borrowed my brothers and my sister in laws and both were disappointing. The only ones that work are the comercial models or whatever....the expensive ones.
    I always rent the rug doctors. They seem pretty decent, cost $35 for 24 hours. Since I rent it often, it may be worth the investment. They cost $400-600 or something. Even if I put it on a credit card and paid what I do renting it. I will just own the damn thing after a while. I may do that that in a few months, do a little research though. While the rug doctors work decent, there not as good as I would like.

2011 Prius

I've got a Hoover steam cleaner/shampooer. The new model isn't built as well as the old one. The plastic is cheaper and prone to cracking. But, overall, works well and pretty reasonably priced. I wouldn't be without one. It's nice to have when needed and not have to rent.

The DC25 rocks. Go to bed bath and beyond. You can try them out there. You don't have to buy it there, but being able to check it out is nice. Not sure if you can at best buy.
    I did not know we could test drive, lol... Hmmm, I may very well do that.

2011 Prius

Also one thing I have for the tile is a steam mop, damn thing is wonderful. If you don't have one you should look into one. I like to run it real fast after I am done cooking.

Edit: So tired, I just tripple post... Sorry...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information