Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    97 Formula

Dumbest, simplest fix you've done to your car?

So what was the easiest fix-it you've done to your car that made you look dumb towards yourself for not recognizing it earlier? When I bought my car, the ashtray lid was loose when I opened it. The rear end would sink into the console, so I had to wiggle it a little bit to get it fully opened. Today I was fidgeting with the lid trying to figure out why it was broken, or so I thought. I pulled out the ashtray it self and accidently dropped it on the center console. It amazing bounced off of the console onto my leg and back into the ashtray pocket. So I pushed the ashtray down snug to make sure it wouldn't move, and closed the lid. I went to reopen it and it reopened like it was never broken. I had to laugh at myself for accidently fixing my "broken" ashtray lid.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Wow, this is hard, I'll come back later with some good ones...

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Tried to launch against a lil GT.......................in neutral!!!!! But it was ok cause i got it in gear and still pulled him by 75!!!!!

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

My damn shift knob was always twisting loose at bad times. I tried all kinds of stuff to fix it, but then someone told me about a bit of nylon tape and it worked. I'm like why didn't I think of that!

04 GTO QuickSilver
    95 MarkVIII wifey white

Quote Originally Posted by Warbird View Post
    So what was the easiest fix-it you've done to your car that made you look dumb towards yourself for not recognizing it earlier? When I bought my car, the ashtray lid was loose when I opened it. The rear end would sink into the console, so I had to wiggle it a little bit to get it fully opened. Today I was fidgeting with the lid trying to figure out why it was broken, or so I thought. I pulled out the ashtray it self and accidently dropped it on the center console. It amazing bounced off of the console onto my leg and back into the ashtray pocket. So I pushed the ashtray down snug to make sure it wouldn't move, and closed the lid. I went to reopen it and it reopened like it was never broken. I had to laugh at myself for accidently fixing my "broken" ashtray lid.
    Damn Warbird, I cant even come close to that one bro.
    04/A4 Quicksilver
    Magnflow catback-Resonator delete
    K&N drop in
    SAP front Grills and 05 hood
    Limo tinted windows-Gets me pulled over alot
    Diablosport Predator (RWTD) tune.

Black
    97 Formula

Yeah, who knew the ashtray keeps the lid in place.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

hmm my ses light kept coming on and no matter how many time I shut it off the o2 sensors keep kicking it back on. So I fixed it good and pulled out the damned bulb lol. actually I had a huge traction problem and realized it was missing an endlink and after fixing that for 7 dollars I gained 2 tenths and it took me over a year to figure it out.
    Alright... I'm starting it now. Try not to piss yourself.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I had to replace my windshield wiper motor. I took the old one out and installed the new one. I tested it, but it didn't work. I took it out and installed it about three more times, even taking it apart once to make sure it wasn't suffering from the same mechanical problem as the old one had. After about half an hour, I realized I hadn't been connecting the power cable

DisCrete
    Turned the key...

No really... the ignition key was stuck, couldn't turn the car off...

Might have been easier if I put the car in park first...

about a week after I bought my first tahoe, it started running like crap. I was getting worried and after popping the hood, I was getting ready to spend some money when one of the plug wires were not snapped on all the way, I snapped it on, and it ran great for the next year that I had it..........

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

Hmmm, changing a turn signal out that was broken and slicing my hand open

1966 Corvette Coupe

let it sit for a few days...

my truck broke down... idled like crap... backfired when you tried to drive it... thought the timing chain slipped... we drug it back to the house with a tow strap and attempted to figure out what was up... couldnt figure it out (timing was dead on)

we were wenching it up on the trailor with a come along and i told my dad i would start it and try to limp it on the tralor so i we didnt have to wench it so far... hit the ingintion and bam... it ran fine... we unhooked it and i took it down the road and nothing... took it out got on it hard and nothing... ran pretty good untill the day it popped... still dont know what happened...

-me

2nd last of the lt1s EVAR 94z28l's Avatar

purple pearl metalic
    1994 Z28 Camaro

rebuilding the 4l60e instead of trashing it, or replacing the gears in the 10 bolt instead of just goin to a better rear end

Black
    02 SS

had a ses light. went to autozone to get it scanned(free). still couldnt figure it out. turns out it was caused by my gas cap not being on

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

oh hell, to many to list.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Guilty on these counts...
    Quote Originally Posted by DisCrete View Post
    Turned the key...

No really... the ignition key was stuck, couldn't turn the car off...

Might have been easier if I put the car in park first...
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBlueBird* View Post
    Hmmm, changing a turn signal out that was broken and slicing my hand open

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by NoTickets View Post
    had a ses light. went to autozone to get it scanned(free). still couldnt figure it out. turns out it was caused by my gas cap not being on
    that is probably the most common problem!

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

Right after I got mine, the radio and stuff wouldnt shut off took me about ten minutes to figure out that you have to push the button next to the key. I felt stupid, but the dude we bought it from should have told me about it imo.

Red
    1995 Trans Am

One day i was cleaning my car, and stumbled apon a switch in my glove box that i had never seen before. I tried looking to see what the switch did, but i didnt notice anything. Well about an hour after i had finished, i went to leave my house and my car wouldnt start. I thought for sure i killed the battery from having the radio and shit on while i was cleaning. So i was testing the battery, checking the cables and fuses and still nothing. i was going crazy til i thought of the switch in the glove box. Turns out i left it in the "OFF" postion. After turning it on, the car fires right up. Yeah i felt dumb, but i was happy to know i had a kill switch for those trips to the ghetto haha

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Quote Originally Posted by fupa View Post
    One day i was cleaning my car, and stumbled apon a switch in my glove box that i had never seen before. I tried looking to see what the switch did, but i didnt notice anything. Well about an hour after i had finished, i went to leave my house and my car wouldnt start. I thought for sure i killed the battery from having the radio and shit on while i was cleaning. So i was testing the battery, checking the cables and fuses and still nothing. i was going crazy til i thought of the switch in the glove box. Turns out i left it in the "OFF" postion. After turning it on, the car fires right up. Yeah i felt dumb, but i was happy to know i had a kill switch for those trips to the ghetto haha

what kind of car do you have?
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

12.6 at 112

http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information