Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

DSM Guy Saying Hi

Hey guys whats up. Im a DSM guy from MitsubishiForum.com. The reason i joined here was to enquire about a couple things. Before i say what im about to say, i just want everyone to know that im not here to rant or start a war or riot. Also, i respect anything that can push decent numbers.

Recently i have noticed a few domestic guys on the forums bringing up old threads and starting pointless arguments with admins and other members. Some of the things that had been said where totally pathetic, ignorant and narrow minded saying things like "your stupid weed whacker rice burner peices of sh!t etc" when refering to a stock exterior EVO owned by one of the admins.

I was just curious to see if everyone in the domestic scene was the same.

Another reason for me coming here is that i am looking for a little change. I love DSMs and anything that has decent power. So im here to expand my horizons a little bit and learn about the other side.

I hope you guys dont take anything i have said the wrong way. I look forward to being a part of the LS1 scene.

Seb

98 Formula
    06 duramax

First off, welcome to the site. You're gonna have people like that from all car scenes. I like the DSM cars. Understand that this is a domestic board so that's where most of the loyalties will be. There's tons of info here on the LS1 cars and maybe you'll read a little bit and be a future owner.
    I wouldn't sweat the guys saying that stuff at your site. Just narrow minded.

Thats cool. I just moved out here and dont have a car yet so im not closing my eyes to everything. I even went to an acura dealership... but me + FWD = anger issues.

I would really like to know where these guys are coming from. If you ask me i see the term 'rice' as not just a taste in cars, but also attitude. These guys had a real ricer attitude. Granted one guy made a point about a VR4 beating a vette... that i actually agreed with him on. But the rest of it was just garbage.

DSMs get a really bad rep. The main reason they are unreliable is becuase retard high school kids buy them and trash them. They cant take care of a car and they drive like total balls. Basically running the car into the ground and screwing things up for the next owner. Not saying that they dont have their fair share of factory problems. Crankwalk sucks.

How much cash does it take to make a 10 sec LS1?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Welcome man. I'm just outside of Boerne...so your in my backyard
    Hell there are asswipe monkeys on every board. I blow them off or ban them. You'll find most folks if given the chance...will discuss/debate in a rational manner versus flame wars which produce absolutely nothing. I have a 10 second 04 GTO. Cost...about $70K give or take a few....I also have a Vette/Dodge R/T/Pontiac G6/Mercedes E320....and have been an old gearhead for a few years.....I mentor and really enjoy working with many young guys building their "imports"....good young people...I have no issue with a fella wanting to build his/her car to perform....
    Last edited by Sarge; 02-04-2007 at 05:04 AM.

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

I personally have a problem with people who drive import cars, seeing how this country produces plenty of fine cars, and someone could do just fine spending the same amount of money on a used domestic. Especially european cars.

other than that, welcome.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    I personally have a problem with people who drive import cars, seeing how this country produces plenty of fine cars, and someone could do just fine spending the same amount of money on a used domestic. Especially european cars.

other than that, welcome.
    me either... i wantto get a RX7 and a 93 MR2 to beat the living shit out of...

Arctic White
    2001 WS.6

DSM's are domestics. They were born in Normal, Illinois. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond_Star_Motors

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Sebba View Post

The cheapest way to do it is probably a nice sized cam with all the usual bolt ons and then a 150 shot.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

not that much...$6,000.00

Heads and custom grind cam... $2,800.00
    N20... $1,500.00

going to need a stronger rear and suspension though...

07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

just ignore
    '07 MAZDASPEED6 GT
    '96 Mystic Cobra #5615

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Sebba if you have Sarge on your side , you have nothing to worry about .....

Thats cool.

Sorry but this country does not produce many reliable, cheap, economical 4 bangers. They do produce some 4 bangers but they just cant compare to the build quality and reliability of the ever evolving japanese cars. Thats just my opinion

Yeah actually the DSMs all built in Chicago. Good call.

Believe it or not its actually around the same price to build a 10 sec DSM including the car. You can pick up a 1g for under $1000 and at most 15k in parts and you can pull 10s fairly easily and reliably.

Well im all about purity. I dont want to run on the bottle. So what would you say it would be without the bottle? Including the price of the car.

Spaz, why would you want to do that? Granted i dont like rotaries either... but they can be pretty fast. MR2s also, decent cars.

Im not exactly a pure import fan. I really hate front wheel drive cars... they just drive me insane... and i dont feel the honda motors are capable of enough power to have my respect. Put it this way, the highest power 4G63 motor is over 1000hp so far. No honda motor has come near that. Not to mention they dont do anything in RWD/AWD. Thats really the only reason i like DSMs. They are cheap, AWD, and a blast to drive and they dont do too bad on the track either.

Incase none of you have noticed im also 16. I was born in IL but lived most of my life in England. Now that im back here i need a car. I have a lot of circuit racing experiance that i got in England at an early age so i can actually drive lol. Does anyone know of any decent racing circuits here? I have never really gotten into drag racing. I never really had the chance to do it and now that im here thats where im headed.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Car enthusiasts run in the family...

Brothers car:

Fixed
    Last edited by Sebba; 02-04-2007 at 11:19 AM.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

OK that pic is like way to dark... I think you need to photo fix it ....yeep...

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

found this

i took my first loss from a car like that, the kid went to my school so i knew his car was fast. I think that style of eclpise is ugly

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

It can be done without the bottle, it just won't be as cheap. You'd be looking at getting an auto with a really decent stall and suspension setup to go with a strong running Head/Cam/Intake LS1.

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

Thats cool.

Sorry but this country does not produce many reliable, cheap, economical 4 bangers. They do produce some 4 bangers but they just cant compare to the build quality and reliability of the ever evolving japanese cars. Thats just my opinion

Yeah actually the DSMs all built in Chicago. Good call.

Believe it or not its actually around the same price to build a 10 sec DSM including the car. You can pick up a 1g for under $1000 and at most 15k in parts and you can pull 10s fairly easily and reliably.

Well im all about purity. I dont want to run on the bottle. So what would you say it would be without the bottle? Including the price of the car.

Spaz, why would you want to do that? Granted i dont like rotaries either... but they can be pretty fast. MR2s also, decent cars.

Im not exactly a pure import fan. I really hate front wheel drive cars... they just drive me insane... and i dont feel the honda motors are capable of enough power to have my respect. Put it this way, the highest power 4G63 motor is over 1000hp so far. No honda motor has come near that. Not to mention they dont do anything in RWD/AWD. Thats really the only reason i like DSMs. They are cheap, AWD, and a blast to drive and they dont do too bad on the track either.
    The big difference will be the price of the car. You won't need 15,000 in parts to go 10s, but you won't find any LS1 cars for 1000 either. There is one for sale on ls1tech right now for about 6,000 that needs some body work. That is about as cheap as you'll find for an LS1 car right now. If you look in the classifieds you can usually find someone selling a really clean car with over 400rwhp for a decent price. 4 bangers are 4 bangers, they are all the same low power fuel sipping econoboxes in my book. But yes, of course with a big enough turbo and shitloads of boost anything is possible.
    2006 GTO M6 Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2009 Silverado LT ECRB 5.3 Z71 4x4 Granite Black Metallic

Recently i have noticed a few domestic guys on the forums bringing up old threads and starting pointless arguments with admins and other members. Some of the things that had been said where totally pathetic, ignorant and narrow minded saying things like "your stupid weed whacker rice burner peices of sh!t etc" when refering to a stock exterior EVO owned by one of the admins.

I was just curious to see if everyone in the domestic scene was the same.
    meh theres tons of people out there that feel shitty about themselves so they come on the net and look for a fight cause they dont got the balls to go pick a real fight. internet bullies like they say fighting online is for retards
    these type of people are prolly the ones that bought an fbody for the image or to compensate for somin.. hopefully fbody guys arnt getting labled as pricks like many mustang owners.

Forced induction or not... fast is fast. Cant argue with that.

No way will i drive an automatic. Not going to happen.

Also, the driver of that DSM sucked really bad.

Well i will consider an LS1 when i get my cash together. Who knows what will happen. My brother is really nervous about me driving a fast car because he knows what im like. Who knows what will happen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information