Drug testing questions.

My employer sent me to get a DOT physical and drug screen for my commercial driving license and on the form they only checked the box for THC drug test, the other boxes are COC,PCP,OPI, and AMP. Does that mean they are ONLY testing me for marijuana ?

The reason im asking is because about 2 weeks ago i took 1 vicodin my dad gave me for back pain and i dont have a script for it, didnt know if that would show up or anything.

Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hawk View Post
    My employer sent me to get a DOT physical and drug screen for my commercial driving license and on the form they only checked the box for THC drug test, the other boxes are COC,PCP,OPI, and AMP. Does that mean they are ONLY testing me for marijuana ?

The reason im asking is because about 2 weeks ago i took 1 vicodin my dad gave me for back pain and i dont have a script for it, didnt know if that would show up or anything.
    Wont show up,stays in your system about 48 hrs. Piss test?

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

Yep, sounds like it. Thats a fairly simple test nothing too deep you druggie.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Yeah, pretty sure it is only for marijuana. Also, there are different levels of screening, too, when I had to do this almost 20 years ago for my job I remember seeing at least 2 different test levels, the people for the local power company were having some new hires tested for THC and their allowable limit was half what mine was.

Drugs are bad...mmmkay.

Kamen Blue
    05 Segueway

C'mon, just be honest and tell us you smoke dope. We won't narc you out, hippie.

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

for the most part any drug that ISNT weed is out of your system in 3 days, tops.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

yeah so you can keep poppin those pain killers. just stay off the wacky weed

ya i heard weed stays in you for like a month or even longer, it just depends how deep they want the test to go to find it. i think when they do one of those hair tests they can find stuff from like 6 months back or somthing like that.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by The Manalishi View Post
    Drugs are bad...mmmkay.
    yea, what he said.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by B34M3R View Post
    for the most part any drug that ISNT weed is out of your system in 3 days, tops.
    umm. bullshit. majority of pills(lortab,vicodin,xtacy,methadone,xanax...and so on....) stay in your system for atleast 2-3 weeks. this is coming from dr.'s and suergons that my g/f works with. now they might not show up on a drug test but that doesnt mean they are not there.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by B34M3R View Post
    umm. bullshit. majority of pills(lortab,vicodin,xtacy,methadone,xanax,adderol , ritilin(sp?)...and so on....) stay in your system for atleast 2-3 weeks. this is coming from dr.'s and suergons that my g/f works with. now they might not show up on a drug test but that doesnt mean they are not there.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

DOT tests for EVERYTHING... just a FYI...

Black
    85 Iroc-Z Camaro

Drug Test

If you take a piss test they look for weed and opiates. Shows use for 1-7 days depending on how much you do. If you take blood or hair folicle test that can be for anything and will show use for up to 45 days for weed and 3-6 months for opiates. Some OTC decongestents show as coke or speed/meth use due to ingredients in drug. So if you are looking for a job,lay off the stuff. If you are going to be a driver under DOT regs,you can be tested if only you get a speeding citation or if any accident happens, and at regular intervals.

blue
    83 mustang 347

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer Sooner View Post
    umm. bullshit. majority of pills(lortab,vicodin,xtacy,methadone,xanax,adderol , ritilin(sp?)...and so on....) stay in your system for atleast 2-3 weeks. this is coming from dr.'s and suergons that my g/f works with. now they might not show up on a drug test but that doesnt mean they are not there.

sorry but those doctors are idiots... amphetamins can stay in your system for up to a week

Vicodin has a half life of 3.8 hrs. every 3.8hrs teh amount in your system is cut in half

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrocodone

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by ztrouble View Post
    sorry but those doctors are idiots... amphetamins can stay in your system for up to a week

Vicodin has a half life of 3.8 hrs. every 3.8hrs teh amount in your system is cut in half

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrocodone
    i feel no need to argue, plus i dont really care. i was just going off here-say which we all know where we can stick that. dont feel like/care to look at that link but thanks.

Thread Information