Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2002 WS6 A4, 2010 ram

Drove a Ford Flex...

So the girlfriend loves those ugly wagons and you know what that means? Yes I've had to go shopping for one of those ugly bastards. Long story short I ended up going down to the local ford dealer and peeped at some nothing really in our price range, but they did have a limited so curiosity got the better of me she drove of the lot with it and about ten miles I jumped behind the wheel. to say the least its not too bad a driving vehicle. eco boost left something to be desired in the tanker unlike the sho but for a mom mobile I have to say... awfully fun... It's awfully ugly, but fun. after the idiot started making fun of my f-body and saying how turbos and v-6 cars the next best thing I just laughed at him and told him how well my brother towed with his f-150 eco... and the excuses started pouring out. Just a little dealership story I felt like sharing with everyone if you get a chance drive a show or flex limited its a factory turbo car that's American and quick. just my .02

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

My wife wants one of those and doesn't think they are ugly as hell. I don't understand it. To me they look like a jumbo mini cooper lol. I let her drive my charger the other day though and now she loves that so I dunno.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I driven them and when compared to the Jeep Grand Cherokee I'd take the Flex hands down every time. They ride very well. Now I have no idea how much a PITA Ford has made them to work on. So that may change my opinion if I had to work on one.

Black
    2002 WS6 A4, 2010 ram

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    My wife wants one of those and doesn't think they are ugly as hell. I don't understand it. To me they look like a jumbo mini cooper lol. I let her drive my charger the other day though and now she loves that so I dunno.
    See that's what gets me too I hate minis too. Just personal preference I guess. I wish those abarath 500 weren't so expensive I do like those things.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by freaky57fast View Post
    See that's what gets me too I hate minis too. Just personal preference I guess. I wish those abarath 500 weren't so expensive I do like those things.
    You want realibility, stay away from fiat/dodge.

I like the way some of the minis look. They are good drivers too.

The flex also drives very well and with the turbo v6 can haul pretty well. You can get 400hp+ from tuning. They are ugly as hell though.

Black
    2002 WS6 A4, 2010 ram

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    You want realibility, stay away from fiat/dodge.

I like the way some of the minis look. They are good drivers too.

The flex also drives very well and with the turbo v6 can haul pretty well. You can get 400hp+ from tuning. They are ugly as hell though.
    I own and have drove nothing but dodge ram trucks only issue I've had was a torque converter Idk must just be lucky.
    2002 WS6 A4 Slp lid,
    longtube headers w/ high flow cats,
    loudmouth exhaust, SLP y-pipe,
    799 Heads, TSP Tv2, Dual valve springs, titanium retainers,
    Chromoly pushrods, 12 Bolt rear 3.73 gears
    torque thrust II black 17-9.5" front 17-10" rear

Arctic White, red/gray

I own and have drove nothing but dodge ram trucks only issue I've had was a torque converter Idk must just be lucky.
    You must be as everyone knows dodge transmission and front end horror stories. I owned a dakota for a while, only dodge truck I have owned. Had to replace the trans.... twice. When I traded it in first thing dealer trade in quote guy said was "does it have the normal dodge front end issues?" I said if you mean everything is getting loose and a few parts need replacing then yes. He said "yep, exactly what I mean. I always factor in 1k in front end parts on dodges." Transmission shop that I had look at the truck the first time the trans went said, "we get so many 45RFEs and 545RFEs in these days. About the only one we see more of is the explorers."

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

Common First post on Dodge forums...

Where's the best place to get a replacement transmission? The last 2 were way too expensive.

And a used Chrysler product is always in one of 3 conditions

1. Needs new transmission
    2. Will soon need new transmission
    3. Just got new transmission

The new Dodges look nice and the 8 speed auto drives nice as well.

If they finally built them where they'll hold together the resale value will begin to climb.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

I personally would wait and see what the Diesel Grand Cherokee's are all about...but thats just my opinion...HP, torque, and MPG.

Black
    2002 WS6 A4, 2010 ram

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    You must be as everyone knows dodge transmission and front end horror stories. I owned a dakota for a while, only dodge truck I have owned. Had to replace the trans.... twice. When I traded it in first thing dealer trade in quote guy said was "does it have the normal dodge front end issues?" I said if you mean everything is getting loose and a few parts need replacing then yes. He said "yep, exactly what I mean. I always factor in 1k in front end parts on dodges." Transmission shop that I had look at the truck the first time the trans went said, "we get so many 45RFEs and 545RFEs in these days. About the only one we see more of is the explorers."
    The only front end issue I've had is with this newest 2010 ram and it was a recall part so I got it for free. it does squeak a little uh-oh but other than that its comfortable and does what I need a half ton for 4x4 and a bit of bed room. (5.6 foot bed) its kinda ballsy too but then again gas half ton not like its a heavy duty diesel truck or anything, just quick for a truck.

Black / White

The only front end issue I've had is with this newest 2010 ram and it was a recall part so I got it for free. it does squeak a little uh-oh but other than that its comfortable and does what I need a half ton for 4x4 and a bit of bed room. (5.6 foot bed) its kinda ballsy too but then again gas half ton not like its a heavy duty diesel truck or anything, just quick for a truck.
    i've got a 4door 2010 and love it...my wife drives a jeep and she loves it...just sayin...

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

We have 3 in the stable right now. Durability on my 04 and 05 have been good.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    We have 3 in the stable right now. Durability on my 04 and 05 have been good.
    I had an 06 and REALLY wish I would have paid it off and kept it...I owed like $2,000 on it but got the bug for the new body style...oh well

Here's my 06 and my 10...i've been happy with dodge. Im sure they had issues in the past, but what manufacturer doesnt?

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

We have a '12 as well, but it's not been as good of a truck as the older ones. Good thing we bought the extended warranty with it. We had a late 07 Diesel 2500 (the 6.7 emissions diesel) and it was a hell of a truck after we gutted the emissions and put a tuner on it. Front end parts ate us alive, so we traded down to the '12 1500. It's a good truck mechanically, its petty shit that has gone wrong with it. It's on blower motor number 3, the first two started making noise so we had it replaced, and the drivers side heated mirror quit heating. My dad hates the transmission in it. We run loaded trucks (contractor caps loaded and the bed of the truck loaded with tools) and with the way these transmissions try to maintain higher gears when going down the road really sucks with the constant load we put on it.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    We have a '12 as well, but it's not been as good of a truck as the older ones. Good thing we bought the extended warranty with it. We had a late 07 Diesel 2500 (the 6.7 emissions diesel) and it was a hell of a truck after we gutted the emissions and put a tuner on it. Front end parts ate us alive, so we traded down to the '12 1500. It's a good truck mechanically, its petty shit that has gone wrong with it. It's on blower motor number 3, the first two started making noise so we had it replaced, and the drivers side heated mirror quit heating. My dad hates the transmission in it. We run loaded trucks (contractor caps loaded and the bed of the truck loaded with tools) and with the way these transmissions try to maintain higher gears when going down the road really sucks with the constant load we put on it.
    wow...3 blower motors...? Never even heard of an issue with them. I will admit the fuel management system could have been designed better, or not used in the trucks at all...I know mine is controlled by oil pressure, so anytime the oil pressure goes up it automatically starts feeding the other cylinders with fuel. Whats funny is that it does not make ANY difference in MPG, but im sure the govt loves it lol...the fuel management system is also the reason it took so long to find a tune for it. Did you ever see the conversion that dodge makes for the trucks to compete with the Raptor's? The suspension is amazing, the problem is that the transmission and fuel management system have no idea how to handle that type of load with tire spin...I would assume you run into the same issue while hauling stuff around.

Mine did something really odd about 3-4months ago...all the lights on my dash came on all at once and the idle got screwy, and then it went away about 15seconds later. BUT I installed HID's in my truck about a month before and im pretty sure it was a bad ground that caused that...
    Last edited by theorangeguy; 08-27-2013 at 05:40 PM.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Quote Originally Posted by CJREX View Post
    Common First post on Dodge forums...

Where's the best place to get a replacement transmission? The last 2 were way too expensive.

And a used Chrysler product is always in one of 3 conditions

1. Needs new transmission
    2. Will soon need new transmission
    3. Just got new transmission

The new Dodges look nice and the 8 speed auto drives nice as well.

If they finally built them where they'll hold together the resale value will begin to climb.
    But but but Ram commercials say better residual value than Ferd and Chebby

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    But but but Ram commercials say better residual value than Ferd and Chebby
    Chevy's are way over priced for what they are and what you get...Ford is a joke because people have actually figured out that the eco boost does not get the MPG that they claim "surprised?" and I personally dont like the way they look unless its a raptor or an FX truck. I made a killing on my last 2 dodges that I traded in...but im hell to deal with on the front end when I buy them as well and I dont finance stuff with 20% interest rates. Maybe that has something to do with it...?
    Last edited by theorangeguy; 08-27-2013 at 05:47 PM.

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

We manage 13 to 14 mpg loaded, consistently with the '12. The 04 on the other hand manages 12 during the summer, 11 winter. My 05 (unloaded, quadcab 4x4) gets on average 13-13.5mpg. Both of the work trucks are standard cab long box 4x4s equipped identically.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as the blowers go, they didnt go BAD, but they got noisy, and it was pretty annoying while driving. We almost never shut off the blower in the truck, so they get a lot of use.

Black
    2002 WS6 A4, 2010 ram

I get around 18 highway sport package recon black halos black brake lights bushwhacker fenderflares black running boards srt10 style hood mmmhm but apparently my sig didn't pop up eh

Arctic White, red/gray

I can get 20mpg out of my silverados 5.3 liter on the freeway and this is the model WITHOUT cylinder shutoff. I know in a buddy's trailblazer he has hit 25mpg freeway with DOD 5.3 liter. I have hit 500+ miles on a 26 gallon tank twice now. I would say it probably averages 15mpg. Not as ballsy as the dodge 5.7 liter hemi though. I do enjoy driving my mom's 2010 ram 1500 every now and then when I need two trucks. But I do not think anyone who can use google can deny dodges front end and trans issues in the past and maybe they are a thing of the past but only time will tell as these newer gens are not old enough yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information