Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Exclamation Driving a Cop magnet caught up with me!

Its long sorry, but please read and let me know what you think...

Ok so I've always been scoped by cops in my area cause of my car. And Saturday the combination of bad decisions and my car worked against me.

So heading to my house from the diner, my friend, my girlfriend and myself head over to my house at around 11:30pm. I drive by myself while my girlfriend goes with my buddy cause he just got a new touch screen head unit in his accord along with new subs, so i say whatever; its like a 10 minute drive. We head down the main road with is two lanes either way until you get into town where the right merges into the left. He cruises up past 2 cars and cuts one off while merging. I stay back. After that i notice a cop riding right behind me. He stays behind me for about a mile then rips out from behind me with his lights on and pulls my friend over.

They pull off onto a side road and i thought about it and decided to stop in the Lexus dealer which is on the corner of the main road and the road he pulled off of. (Bad idea) I turn off my car and text my girl saying "im at lexus, you think i should wait or go" (bad idea). She replys "go home, they're looking for you." So im like shit without thinking and pull out of the dealership with some speed. (bad idea). They were done with my friend and heard my car so they tear out after me. I get off a side road towards my house and see some lights about a mile or so back but i keep going. I come to a stop sign and slow a considerable amount. I continue down the road and see lights gaining on me fast. Im like shit, im not gonna run.

The next stop sign i stop at then make a right on the next street. Cop comes up and is fairly pissed. Accuses me of being drunk saying all kinds of shit. Ask me to get out of the car, frisks me (note i had nothing at all in any of my pockets), cuffs me, asks if he can search my car and i say sure since i have nothing to hide. While this is going one about 3 more cop cars pull up. This short fat chick cop is there bitching at me. Their Sargent comes up bitching at me, searches my car. Finds nothing. I then get breathalyzed and blow a 0, of course. I get uncuffed and asked to get back in my car. Cop comes back to the car after spending some time in his and gives me two tickets: One for running the stop sign and one for reckless driving, with a note towards the bottom that reads eluding and/or evading. The Sargent then gives me a pissed lecture about teenagers, driving fast, invincible, blah blah blah. He also pulsl the card about the two past accidents in the area that involved kids that i know personally; one resulted in a death and both had criticals. I then go home.

Now, i remained perfectly calm during all of this and responded yes sir, no sir being polite in everyway. They gave me an attitude the whole time.

Also, they denied ever asking my friend and girlfriend about me. The asked them whos the guy in the pontiac, whats his name, how do you spell it and whats his address. They gave my name but said they didnt know how to spell it or my address. The cops denied asking them any of that. The cop could not have seen me run the stop sign in anyway, he must have assumed it. Lastly, there was very little to constitute reckless driving; no squealing tires or anything, just a loud exhaust. The ticket read "reckless driving with complete disregard to others" while there was no one else around me, i passed no one, and no one passed by me the other way.

Ok, damn, i know thats long as shit but hear me out.

The tickets were 108 and 75 both 3 points each.

I can either take the 6 points and pay the fines then go to the DMV and take a test to get 2 points off of the 6. OR, i could take it to court with a lawyer who is a friend of my parents and see how that works out.

My parents are gonna talk to him soon and see what he can do for me.

So i ask you, what are your suggestions and whats your take on what happened. Save your comments about what i should have done or how im stupid for doing what i did cause i am well aware of all of that.

CLIFF NOTES FOR NON-READERS: pull out fast cops come after me about a mile down the road, i keep going, cop says i ran a stop sign when he could not of seen me do it, and get sighted for reckless driving with a comment about evading/eluding. 6pts $183. Fight or take?

Also, its my birthday today.
    Last edited by TempleU_WS6; 03-04-2008 at 06:33 PM.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Happy Birthday !!!

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
    02 superchipsZ28 M6(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by TempleU_WS6 View Post

Ok so I've always been scoped by cops in my area cause of my car. And Saturday the combination of bad decisions and my car worked against me.

So heading to my house from the diner, my friend, my girlfriend and myself head over to my house at around 11:30pm. I drive by myself while my girlfriend goes with my buddy cause he just got a new touch screen head unit in his accord along with new subs, so i say whatever; its like a 10 minute drive. We head down the main road with is two lanes either way until you get into town where the right merges into the left. He cruises up past 2 cars and cuts one off while merging. I stay back. After that i notice a cop riding right behind me. He stays behind me for about a mile then rips out from behind me with his lights on and pulls my friend over.

They pull off onto a side road and i thought about it and decided to stop in the Lexus dealer which is on the corner of the main road and the road he pulled off of. (Bad idea) I turn off my car and text my girl saying "im at lexus, you think i should wait or go" (bad idea). She replys "go home, they're looking for you." So im like shit without thinking and pull out of the dealership with some speed. (bad idea). They were done with my friend and heard my car so they tear out after me. I get off a side road towards my house and see some lights about a mile or so back but i keep going. I come to a stop sign and slow a considerable amount with no one in my rearview. I continue down the road and see lights gaining on me fast. Im like shit, im not gonna run.

The next stop sign i stop at then make a right on the next street. Cop comes up and is fairly pissed. Accuses me of being drunk saying all kinds of shit. Ask me to get out of the car, frisks me (note i had nothing at all in any of my pockets), cuffs me, asks if he can search my car and i say sure since i have nothing to hide. While this is going one about 3 more cop cars pull up. This short fat chick cop is there bitching at me. Their Sargent comes up bitching at me, searches my car. Finds nothing. I then get breathalyzed and blow a 0, of course. I get uncuffed and asked to get back in my car. Cop comes back to the car after spending some time in his and gives me two tickets: One for running the stop sign and one for reckless driving, with a note towards the bottom that reads eluding and/or evading. The Sargent then gives me a pissed lecture about teenagers, driving fast, invincible, blah blah blah. He also pulsl the card about the two past accidents in the area that involved kids that i know personally; one resulted in a death and both had criticals. I then go home.

Now, i remained perfectly calm during all of this and responded yes sir, no sir being polite in everyway. They gave me an attitude the whole time.

Also, they denied ever asking my friend and girlfriend about me. The asked them whos the guy in the pontiac, whats his name, how do you spell it and whats his address. They gave my name but said they didnt know how to spell it or my address. The cops denied asking them any of that. The cop could not have seen me run the stop sign in anyway, he must have assumed it. Lastly, there was very little to constitute reckless driving; no squealing tires or anything, just a loud exhaust. The ticket read "reckless driving with complete disregard to others" while there was no one else around me, i passed no one, and no one passed by me the other way.

I can either take the 6 points and pay the fines then go to the DMV and take a test to get 2 points off of the 6. OR, i could take it to court with a lawyer who is a friend of my parents and see how that works out.

So i ask you, what are your suggestions and whats your take on what happened. Save your comments about what i should have done or how im stupid for doing what i did cause i am well aware of all of that.

CLIFF NOTES FOR NON-READERS: pull out fast cops come after me about a mile down the road, i keep going, cop says i ran a stop sign when he could not of seen me do it, and get sighted for reckless driving with a comment about evading/eluding. 6pts $183. Fight or take?

I cant see where you did anything wrong, but fighting it is more than likely not going to get you anywhere IMO. and i have 3 family members in law enforcement by the way. HAPPY B'DAY though.... i would ask some questions anyway with a lawyer

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Id fight it, lying cops suck!

White
    2000 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by TempleU_WS6 View Post

They pull off onto a side road and i thought about it and decided to stop in the Lexus dealer which is on the corner of the main road and the road he pulled off of. (Bad idea) I turn off my car and text my girl saying "im at lexus, you think i should wait or go" (bad idea). She replys "go home, they're looking for you." So im like shit without thinking and pull out of the dealership with some speed. (bad idea). They were done with my friend and heard my car so they tear out after me. I get off a side road towards my house and see some lights about a mile or so back but i keep going. I come to a stop sign and slow a considerable amount with no one in my rearview. I continue down the road and see lights gaining on me fast. Im like shit, im not gonna run.

I'd say fight it, the cops are assuming alot of things with out actually seeing it. Also, be very polite to the judge and/or prosecuter.

I went in to court to fight a ticket ones because an off duty cop was a d*ck and made up some stuff and then called a cop on duty from a different town to write me up, by the time I got about halfway through my very long story to the prosecuter he just said he'd put it on warning for 6 months and drop the fines.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

1 talk to your lawyer... then 2 how can the cop tell you ran the light... 3 how can the cop say you were recklessly driving... tell him that and the lawyer can go from there...

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

do they have it on camera? no proof maybe is a good call

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Guilty! The only option left is

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

call rubin, glickman, steingberg and gifford... you are going to need them...

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

so hard to fight these things, who do you think the judge will beleive anyway..... THE COPS!

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

I say fight it, Whats the most they can do? Bitch some more?

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    I say fight it, Whats the most they can do? Bitch some more?
    alot if they win over him, did your freinds rat on you to save their own ass

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    call rubin, glickman, steingberg and gifford... you are going to need them...
    Isn't that Dewey, Chetham & Howe?

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by bamaz28 View Post
    alot if they win over him, did your freinds rat on you to save their own ass

I agree. To make matters worse, his girl was riding in a Honda with a guy with a touchscreen TV, I think he's got more to worry about than just the ticket, you know, seeing as how a Honda with a Touchscreen will bring a guy all kinds of pussy, best friends girl or not.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

swindel & sheister

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    I agree. To make matters worse, his girl was riding in a Honda with a guy with a touchscreen TV, I think he's got more to worry about than just the ticket, you know, seeing as how a Honda with a Touchscreen will bring a guy all kinds of pussy, best friends girl or not.
    doesnt look good to me either, why in a honda if your man drives a T/A?

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Isn't that Dewey, Chetham & Howe?
    gifford is my lawyer... that firm is one of the best... a bit expensive but worth it...

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

go to court-make them earn those points. Fucking assholes

NBM
    99 TA

go to court, bring your friend and gf as witnesses to the cops lying about asking your personal information - that will discredit them right away and you will have a better chance of getting the tix dropped.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Quote Originally Posted by bamaz28 View Post
    doesnt look good to me either, why in a honda if your man drives a T/A?
    She went with him cause shes friends with him too and she was riding around with me all day.

And no they didnt rat me out. They gave my name but not my address. The cops didnt care about anything except for what i did after i left the lexus dealership.

Im gonna talk to some lawyers and see what they think. If anything else at least i still have my license and would have 4 points after a test and the fines arnt that high. Would rather have nothing on my record though.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information