Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Don't race against trucks

As usual when I come flying up on someone they decide to nail it. 55mph zone they went to 110 and I just stayed right on them. It was a silverado I think, a shortbed chevy for sure. Anyways, just when I threw it in 4th to go blazing by he threw a fucking can out the window. Not sure if it was empty or not, but thank god I missed it. Never racing against yokels in a truck again. I would have been fucked if it hit me, i mean call the cops and say yeah I was street racing and....

Just to make clear, it was a two lane highway out in a rural area. No where the same as doing drag races in a downtown area. You can see a long ways and traffic is always thin. No blind corners. It was safe.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

wait, you "came up on him" or were racing him. If you flew up and got on his taligate ya probably pissed him off and thats why he threw the can. If you were racing, why the fuck are you racing a pickup truck in a trans am?

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

He was going 60mph in the 55 and I always go 70-75 on that road cause I know it like back of my hand. When you come flying up on people like that, two things happen. One they put their brake lights on to show you they are there, or two they get the idea to nail it.

Happens ALL the time on the interstate. If I drive an hour on the interstate I GUARENTEE you someone will want to go. If you drive fast, they think you want to race. I don't let anyone pass me either, so I don't care what your driving. In fact, yesterday I was in thick traffic crawling along, a couple kids pointed to me, one of them ran out in the street, went running as fast as he could, got passed me and then jumped up and down. People see the car and want to race.

Blue
    72 Chevelle, 2001 SS

I can't stand when people fly up on my ass when I'm already goin a lil over the speed limit. Thats when i get on my phone and call up some state patrol buddies. Its shitty that they threw something at ya, but ya, you'd have pissed me off too.

Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar

Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

Yeah, you flew up on his bumper, pissed him off, he probably thought you were gonna shoot around him so he gunned it to keep you from doing so. I do the same thing when people fly up on my ass when I'm already going at or over the speed limit, and probably would've done the same to you. (minus the can throwing - that shit will get you shot).

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBornThriller View Post
    Yeah, you flew up on his bumper, pissed him off, he probably thought you were gonna shoot around him so he gunned it to keep you from doing so. I do the same thing when people fly up on my ass when I'm already going at or over the speed limit, and probably would've done the same to you. (minus the can throwing - that shit will get you shot).
    Why would you do that?

If you weren't in a hurry, and someone behind you is, then why all of the sudden do you want to drive faster and be a dick? I can't stand people driving like that. GTFO of the way, I say.

Now, if you get cut off in an unsafe manner, that's different. If someone comes flying up behind me though, I typically let them by. Its called patience. You learn it with age.

Blue
    72 Chevelle, 2001 SS

I like to hit the brakes when someone flies up on my ass. Jackasses that drive that fast up on someone deserve it. How safe is it when someone drives that fast around cars that are goin the speedlimit. The patience needs to be learned from the person hauling ass, not the one who is driving the speedlimit. Duh.

Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar

Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by 2000LS1Bird View Post
    Why would you do that?

If you weren't in a hurry, and someone behind you is, then why all of the sudden do you want to drive faster and be a dick? I can't stand people driving like that. GTFO of the way, I say.

Now, if you get cut off in an unsafe manner, that's different. If someone comes flying up behind me though, I typically let them by. Its called patience. You learn it with age.
    If I'm already speeding, then flying up and around me probably qualifies as unsafe. If you've gotta drive like that to get somewhere on time then you should've left earlier. It's called punctuality and initiative....I guess you lose it with age.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

that dude obviously likes it up the ass

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

I always speed everywhere I go, in town, highway, interstate. Etc. And when I fly up on them I mean I catch up to them super fast but I don't tail gate. As for being unsafe, some comedian once said, "Everyone who drives slower than me is a moron, but everyone that drives faster is crazy".

What harm does it do flying up on someone. It can actually be funny depending on responses. At nighttime once I was flying up on some guy that was already going 15mph over the limit. As soon as I got to him the guy slowed way down to 5 under the limit thinking I was a cop. I think he was shitting his pants.

All the old timers here are going to give me shit but hey you were young once too. I'm just making my alotment of mistakes. Living the dumb life while I can.

Blue
    72 Chevelle, 2001 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    I always speed everywhere I go, in town, highway, interstate. Etc. And when I fly up on them I mean I catch up to them super fast but I don't tail gate. As for being unsafe, some comedian once said, "Everyone who drives slower than me is a moron, but everyone that drives faster is crazy".

What harm does it do flying up on someone. It can actually be funny depending on responses. At nighttime once I was flying up on some guy that was already going 15mph over the limit. As soon as I got to him the guy slowed way down to 5 under the limit thinking I was a cop. I think he was shitting his pants.

All the old timers here are going to give me shit but hey you were young once too. I'm just making my alotment of mistakes. Living the dumb life while I can.
    Well since u live in IA (like myself), plenty of shit can happen. What happens if the person in front of u has to hit the brakes due to a dumbass deer running across the road? U end up eating his ass. U could cause his gas tank to rupture. U start a huge fire and since u rearended him, maybe his doors are jammed and they can't get out. They burn to death in the fire. He's a father of 3 sons and a daughter and a husband. The surviving family hires a lawyer sue your ass and u wind up in prison for manslaughter. You go to prison and become someone's bitch and get raped on a daily basis. Over time, u start liking the anal sex and with that, you turn gay. When u get out, the sons are old now, they come find you, and beat your ass to a pulp. Well, your poor now due to the lawsuit, you can't do shit about it, so u gotta sit there and take it. Good news tho, since your in iowa and a newly found gay, you can find another homo and get married.
    See, lots of shit can happen!
    Last edited by korndawg; 06-12-2009 at 03:54 PM.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by korndawg View Post
    Well since u live in IA (like myself), plenty of shit can happen. What happens if the person in front of u has to hit the brakes due to a dumbass deer running across the road? U end up eating his ass. U could cause his gas tank to rupture. U start a huge fire and since u rearended him, maybe his doors are jammed and they can't get out. They burn to death in the fire. He's a father of 3 sons and a daughter and a husband. The surviving family hires a lawyer sue your ass and u wind up in prison for manslaughter. You go to prison and become someone's bitch and get raped on a daily basis. When u get out, the sons are old now, they come find you, and beat your ass to a pulp.
    WOW, you went a little deep on that!!!
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Blue
    72 Chevelle, 2001 SS

Could happen! Lol

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Well since u live in IA (like myself), plenty of shit can happen. What happens if the person in front of u has to hit the brakes due to a dumbass deer running across the road? U end up eating his ass. U could cause his gas tank to rupture. U start a huge fire and since u rearended him, maybe his doors are jammed and they can't get out. They burn to death in the fire. He's a father of 3 sons and a daughter and a husband. The surviving family hires a lawyer sue your ass and u wind up in prison for manslaughter. You go to prison and become someone's bitch and get raped on a daily basis. Over time, u start liking the anal sex and with that, you turn gay. When u get out, the sons are old now, they come find you, and beat your ass to a pulp. Well, your poor now due to the lawsuit, you can't do shit about it, so u gotta sit there and take it. Good news tho, since your in iowa and a newly found gay, you can find another homo and get married.
    at the rate hes going and his logic, i predict the getting beaten to a bloody pulp is possible to occur without a prison sentence

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Could happen! Lol
    True, very true

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

I actually saw a friggen EMU on the shoulder of the road today, I was like holy shit. As for your scenario. I have insurance, they would cover the lawsuit. No intent and not intoxicated means no vehicular manslaughter. Not to mention it wouldn't be gross negligance because the deer was an act of god. And I always stagger to the oncomming lane at night if I am comming up on them fast.

Honest question, if you were in a lambo, somebody rolls up long side you in a three series beamer on the interstate. Guns it a little then falls back showing they want to go, can you really tell me you wouldn't put them in their place?

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

All I can say is if the guy in the pick up didn't want him tailgating, he should of stayed the same speed so op could go around him. I always say drive how you want to drive not drive to annoy others. I believe that is how accidents happen. Drivers in my area always like to speed when they know you are going to go around and slow down when they have you trapped. These kind of drivers shouldn't have a license and should only take public transportation. Don't get me wrong, their are days I want to just cruise and be easy on the ride, so I keep my azz in the far right lane or let people pass. IMO.

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

I was driving up the 2 lane road in my truck and i passed a slow moving car and I came up behind another car a little to quick ( I admit my fault) but it was enough distance where I could just let off my gas and it would have been fine.

Well this chick decides to slam on her brakes... her car almost went sideways she hit em so hard, so of course I had so slam on mine then she flips me off... Instant road rage. I got up behind her and motioned I was going to kill her.... lol she's lucky I had to turn... I would have had a new hood ornament.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    Honest question, if you were in a lambo, somebody rolls up long side you in a three series beamer on the interstate. Guns it a little then falls back showing they want to go, can you really tell me you wouldn't put them in their place?
    Yes, whats the big deal about putting someone in their place? Do you need to justify something to yourself by putting someone in their place? I don't need to go to all my friends telling them the story about how my Lambo raped a Beamer. I don't need to put my life and other peoples lives in danger by racing on the highway/streets either.

Have you ever been in a serious car wreck? My guess is no. You go through a wreck or two, and your outlook on driving and operating a car/truck/performance vehicle changes drastically.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Yes, whats the big deal about putting someone in their place? Do you need to justify something to yourself by putting someone in their place? I don't need to go to all my friends telling them the story about how my Lambo raped a Beamer. I don't need to put my life and other peoples lives in danger by racing on the highway/streets either.

Have you ever been in a serious car wreck? My guess is no. You go through a wreck or two, and your outlook on driving and operating a car/truck/performance vehicle changes drastically.

But Preston you still tailgate..

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information