Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Unhappy Don't go in the water!!!

Shark kills triathlete training at Calif. beach. Attack happened near Solana Beach in San Diego County

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24313314

I always watch shark week and have never been back in the water since seeing the movie Jaws in the theaters when I was about 11 years old.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by ntimid8r View Post
    Shark kills triathlete training at Calif. beach. Attack happened near Solana Beach in San Diego County

I always watch shark week and have never been back in the water since seeing the movie Jaws in the theaters when I was about 11 years old.
    damn... i get freakede out when i can't see what is around me in the water... i'm the guy at the beach who screams bloody murder when something touches my feet when i'm in the water...

Happend at 7 am. Early morning/evening & night are the worst times to be in the water. Not suprising that they think it's a Great White.

Mr. Hooper that's the USS Indianapolis...

"Japanese submarine slammed two torpedoes into our side, Chief. We was comin' back from the island of Tinian to Leyte... just delivered the bomb. The Hiroshima bomb. Eleven hundred men went into the water. Vessel went down in 12 minutes. Didn't see the first shark for about a half an hour. Tiger. 13-footer. You know how you know that when you're in the water, Chief? You tell by looking from the dorsal to the tail. What we didn't know, was our bomb mission had been so secret, no distress signal had been sent. They didn't even list us overdue for a week. Very first light, Chief, sharks come cruisin', so we formed ourselves into tight groups. You know, it was kinda like old squares in the battle like you see in the calendar named "The Battle of Waterloo" and the idea was: shark comes to the nearest man, that man he starts poundin' and hollerin' and screamin' and sometimes the shark go away... but sometimes he wouldn't go away. Sometimes that shark he looks right into ya. Right into your eyes. And, you know, the thing about a shark... he's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be living... until he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then... ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin'. The ocean turns red, and despite all the poundin' and the hollerin', they all come in and they... rip you to pieces. You know by the end of that first dawn, lost a hundred men. I don't know how many sharks, maybe a thousand. I know how many men, they averaged six an hour. On Thursday morning, Chief, I bumped into a friend of mine, Herbie Robinson from Cleveland. Baseball player. Boatswain's mate. I thought he was asleep. I reached over to wake him up. Bobbed up, down in the water just like a kinda top. Upended. Well, he'd been bitten in half below the waist. Noon, the fifth day, Mr. Hooper, a Lockheed Ventura saw us. He swung in low and he saw us... he was a young pilot, a lot younger than Mr. Hooper. Anyway, he saw us and he come in low and three hours later a big fat PBY comes down and starts to pick us up. You know that was the time I was most frightened... waitin' for my turn. I'll never put on a lifejacket again. So, eleven hundred men went in the water; 316 men come out and the sharks took the rest, June the 29th, 1945. Anyway, we delivered the bomb."

- Robert Shaw's "Quint" famous "USS Indianapolis" Speech, Jaws 1975

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    damn... i get freakede out when i can't see what is around me in the water... i'm the guy at the beach who screams bloody murder when something touches my feet when i'm in the water...
    yep, we know how many sharks are in jersey

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by doberman 152 View Post
    i don't care about the sharks... i don't want do damned crabs latching on to my toes or some thing... and i hate jelly fish... here is how a typical Spaz trip to the beach goes...
    Spaz goes in to the freezing ass water... usually splashes a few people... every thing is fine and dandy and all of a sudden it happens... something touches my foot... i yell and scream like hell and start running my ass out of the water... every one runs with me cause i just scared the hell out of them... then some one says "what was it? what happened? shark?" then i say "no... something touched my foot..."as u try to catch my breath from running... then every one calles me an ass hole and goes back in...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8144414/

if you don't think that there are sharks in NJ...

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

i've been surfing in costa rica and you can see them swimming under you. lol and they have never had a death from a shark bite in the country

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 440 rwhp trans am View Post
    i've been surfing in costa rica and you can see them swimming under you. lol and they have never had a death from a shark bite in the country
    my dumb ass would be the first one...

"hmm... shark tastes good... i'll gouge ones eyes out and chew it's tail off so it can't swim away..."

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    i don't care about the sharks... i don't want do damned crabs latching on to my toes or some thing... and i hate jelly fish... here is how a typical Spaz trip to the beach goes...
    Spaz goes in to the freezing ass water... usually splashes a few people... every thing is fine and dandy and all of a sudden it happens... something touches my foot... i yell and scream like hell and start running my ass out of the water... every one runs with me cause i just scared the hell out of them... then some one says "what was it? what happened? shark?" then i say "no... something touched my foot..."as u try to catch my breath from running... then every one calles me an ass hole and goes back in...
    nice, but in florida we go into the water waist high just to piss out all the alcohol

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Down here we swim like 5 feet away from sharks and never had any accidents

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Down here we swim like 5 feet away from sharks and never had any accidents
    Hrrmmmmmmmmmmmm

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

I do all my swimming in my backyard pool. The only sharks I ever see is when I decide to inflate the plastic one and toss it in.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

nice, but in florida we go into the water waist high just to piss out all the alcohol
    why the hell else would i go in to ocean in NJ?!?!?! i'm not going in there for fun!!!! that shit is cold!!!

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

This one time I was swimming in the ocean and this shark came over and started cramping my style, you know, biting my leg, scaring the ladies away, I was like 'babes its cool' but they wouldn't get back in the water so I pull it off my leg, killed it, and ate it for dinner. Fucking sharks.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Fuck a bunch of swimming in the ocean. I say fuck it.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

that's why god invented swimming pools.

Chuck Norrris bit a shark in half once just to prove he eats sushi.

Quote Originally Posted by ntimid8r View Post

How about those BUDS students swimmin around out there at dusk ?, F that !!

Saw a Guy catch a Hammerhead in N.J. right off the coast. I used to swim out to the last bouy, not anymore.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    Chuck Norrris bit a shark in half once just to prove he eats sushi.
    chuck norris invented homosexuality... just to prove he is gay...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information