Thread: Dog training ?

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Dog training ?

Ok I have 2 pappilions. One male (5) one female (3). The female is sick and we have to give her medicine twice a day. The male 99% of the time went outside no problems. The female used potty pods and was good most of the time. We moved to a new house and things got worse. We figured it was a new house and things wouyld get better. I havent worked in a couple months and have been home to let thrm out all the time which is good kinda. The female stopped using the potty pads and expects me to take her out at all times of the day and night. When we leave we now lock them up in the bedroom. I just came home and found pee next to the potty pad. Im just fed up that our carpet is ruined and my wifes baby"s these animals to no end. Guess Ill just start locking them in the bathroom. So I guess it wasnt a question rather a statement of frustration. They will go for weeks at a time with no problems and then bam. Oh well guess I know what I need to do.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Rub Their Noses In It!

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

I was so pissed I already did and locked them in the bathroom for awhile.

2002 z28 camaro

i have been having problems trying to get my dog trained to, he is a 4month old pit bull and already weights 35lbs

Shhh! There's a
    hooker in the trunk

rubbing their noses in it will do no good. if they did it 30 minutes ago, then they have no clue what the hell youre yelling at them about. did you think maybe they have a physiological problem ie. uti? just a thought. you could take them to your vet and have them checked out. as frustrated as i know you are, yelling and screaming after the fact will do no good except scare them more and create even more problems for you.

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Yeah thats what my mom said. Like I said from now on I guess Ill just lock them in the bathroom when we leave. They have a dog bed, food and water in there so they"ll be fine.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Have you tried crate training them?

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Have you tried crate training them?
    Nope. Would that be better than the bathroom?

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Depends...dogs have a tendancy to not want to be in their piss/dookie. Because of this crate training will teach them to hold it until it's a good time to go...like when you get home. I'm sure there's sites on the net that can better explain it. We did it for our little dog and it worked good.

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Yeah but the female has a liver shunt . She gets medicine twice a day. It makes it so she has to go to the bathroom. It just
    A. she"s let out before we go out and as soon as we get home.(usally not gone very long)
    B. she used to use the damn potty pad.

I can understand her needing to go but use the potty pad like she used too.
    Atleast in the bathroom its vinyl. Oh well they will be in the bathroom from now on and We"ll have nothing to bitch about.

White
    2003 Ram 2500

We have the same problem with our boxer. I bet he goes out 10 times a day.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

a well trained dog is one thats had its ass kicked serveral times.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

See this is why I love my cat, he stays in 24 hours some times without me having to let him out to potty, but when he has to go, he meows at the door, or in middle of the night he will jump on my bed and meow at me. Not only that, he never goes in my yard. Whenever I caught him in the act I yelled loud and tossed him out the door in a rude fashion. He caught on fast. Catching them in the act is the key. He used to get on the table till I started throwing him out for that, every once in a while I come home and he will be on the table, runs as fast as he can to the door trying to get out. Negative reinforcement > possitive reinforcement a lot of the time.

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmy View Post
    rubbing their noses in it will do no good. if they did it 30 minutes ago, then they have no clue what the hell youre yelling at them about. did you think maybe they have a physiological problem ie. uti? just a thought. you could take them to your vet and have them checked out. as frustrated as i know you are, yelling and screaming after the fact will do no good except scare them more and create even more problems for you.
    this is pure BS... it depends on the dog! if i come home and my dog has been good she will be happy as hell and jump all over me but if i come home and she has done something wrong (pissed and shit all over the place) she will NOT be excited.. she will keep her tail between her legs and lay down in front of me as if to let me know she was bad... this is all before i find out what she even did. why would she do this if she didn't know what she did???? why would she act completely different??? she knows exactly what she did!!!! then i know she did something wrong and go look for the gifts she left....

my dog is crate trained but it does not matter.. i have to keep her in the crate at all times when i'm not home or when i'm sleeping or she goes all over the place... when we are home she lets us know when she has to go outside so i'm not sure WTF the issue is... must be she just does not know how to handle life when we are not around...

i feel horrible because i have to keep her in the crate for most of the day/night but there is nothing that i can do to keep her from destroying my house when i'm gone or sleeping.....

so, my answer to the first post is if the dog can hold it then crate train it and if i can't hold it you will need to keep it in the bathroom where it can go but also not have to lay in it...

/rant
    96 Trans AM WS6 (only 36k miles): Pacesetter LTs, ORY, magnaflow, !egr, !air, BMR STB, BMR LCAs, UMI SFCs, Alpine type R components up front, 2 12" Alpine type E subs, Alpine CDE-102 deck, Alpine 500m amp

White
    2003 Ram 2500

Quote Originally Posted by krese View Post
    this is pure BS... it depends on the dog! if i come home and my dog has been good she will be happy as hell and jump all over me but if i come home and she has done something wrong (pissed and shit all over the place) she will NOT be excited.. she will keep her tail between her legs and lay down in front of me as if to let me know she was bad... this is all before i find out what she even did. why would she do this if she didn't know what she did???? why would she act completely different??? she knows exactly what she did!!!! then i know she did something wrong and go look for the gifts she left....

my dog is crate trained but it does not matter.. i have to keep her in the crate at all times when i'm not home or when i'm sleeping or she goes all over the place... when we are home she lets us know when she has to go outside so i'm not sure WTF the issue is... must be she just does not know how to handle life when we are not around...

i feel horrible because i have to keep her in the crate for most of the day/night but there is nothing that i can do to keep her from destroying my house when i'm gone or sleeping.....

so, my answer to the first post is if the dog can hold it then crate train it and if i can't hold it you will need to keep it in the bathroom where it can go but also not have to lay in it...

/rant
    I feel your pain. We have to put our boxer is his cage everytime we leave and lock him in our bedroom when we go to sleep. Last night we went to the cards game and we left him out cause he had been is his cage all day. Well lets just say we couldnt see our floor when we got home. If its rainy theres no use even taking him out cause he will just stand there but as soon as you bring him in he goes a craps on the floor.

Shhh! There's a
    hooker in the trunk

Quote Originally Posted by krese View Post

/rant
    you are an idiot.

Thread Information