Thread: Dog fight

Pewter
    99 Z/28

Dog fight

My mom called me last night and told me that my dog got into a fight wih anoher neighborhood dog. She lets him sleep inside occasionally so when she opened his gate he took off towards the other dog. They live in the country and its really dark plus theyive on an acre of land so she didnt know there was another Animal or she would have been more careful. My dog jax, is a blue heeler mix and is such a good obedient dog and loves to chase out cats squirrels and other dogs but never catches any.
    But the other dog belongs to a neighbor up the road who has a fencer around thier perimeter yet they still fail to keep the gate shut and up until a few months back the same dog came into our property again and jax mauled him the first time. Thought that dog was dead since then because i havnt seen it since.
    To the point, i came over this morning and nieghbors dog looks to be paralyzed just has use of front legs. Its still on our property last i saw about 20 mins ago trying to crawl home. According to my dad that sam dog used to always come and terrorize jax when he was a pup so i guess jax was on a mission.
    I feel bad for the dog and am dissappointed at jax. Any thoughts to what i should do next? My mom is affraid that neighbor will come yelling at her but i told her that is stupid bc that dog could have attacker her especially since it was on our property and we could have sued them if we were like that. With them always leaving the gate open it was just a matter of time. Thoughts? Just needed to vent.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

do you have animal control in your area??? spca??? why does everything have to be about sueing...

Pewter
    99 Z/28

We do have animal control. You miss understood me, we are not the kind of people that would sue over something like this. Thats pointless. Just dont want qny bad blood between the neighbor and my parents.
    I went to their house to notify them but the gate was closed and had no way to notify them other than honking the horn but no one was home. Thier dog doesnt appear to be injured bad other than bite marks on his lower back. Not sure why he cant use his hind legs must have been more serious its not like he is in a pool of blood he would have bleed out by now. I already gave the dog some water as i feel bad for him.
    Last edited by 28Marcos; 05-18-2011 at 05:56 AM.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 28Marcos View Post
    We do have animal control. You miss understood me, we are not the kind of people that would sue over something like this. Thats pointless. Just dont want qny bad blood between the neighbor and my parents.
    I went to their house to notify them but the gate was closed and had no way to notify them other than honking the horn but no one was home. Thier dog doesnt appear to be injured bad other than bite marks on his lower back. Not sure why he cant use his hind legs must have been more serious its not like he is in a pool of blood he would have bleed out by now. I already gave the dog some water as i feel bad for him.
    call animal control and let them know... they need to take the dog away from it's owner... the owner shouldn't have pets that they can't handle or take care of in a responsible manner... you'll be doing the dog a great favor...

Pewter
    99 Z/28

Your totally right man. I ran an errand and came back to parents house and it looks like the owners took the dog. Left no note so should i just leave at that?

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Your totally right man. I ran an errand and came back to parents house and it looks like the owners took the dog. Left no note so should i just leave at that?
    nope... that dog deserves far better... people like that would rather put the dog down than exhaust any options... i'd still call animal control and file a report with them...

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

That dog needs to be separated from its dirt bag owner.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

To the point, i came over this morning and neighbors dog looks to be paralyzed just has use of front legs. Its still on our property last i saw about 20 mins ago trying to crawl home.
    If it is that injured you have it put down. Don't have a gun, call animal control.

No sense in letting it suffer like that needlessly.

Not trying to be cruel but just putting it out of its misery.

Tx won't say shit about it either because the dog was loose and was fighting with your dog. Strays can be shot on sight due to high chance of disease or feral

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

I agree call animal control and let them know what happened

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I also think you should report the incident to animal control. The dog should have been picked up by animal control soon after the attack and should not have been left to suffer at all IMO.

I'd still file a report. The owners need to be called out and take better measurements to keep their dog contained in their yard for it's own safety let alone the safety of others.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    I also think you should report the incident to animal control. The dog should have been picked up by animal control soon after the attack and should not have been left to suffer at all IMO.

I'd still file a report. The owners need to be called out and take better measurements to keep their dog contained in their yard for it's own safety let alone the safety of others.
    can i get an AMEN?

Pewter
    99 Z/28

Yep! Alright rhx everyone. This thread can be deleted.

Thread Information