Thread: Dog fight

Black
    99 Formula

Dog fight

Rescued a pit mix 6 weeks ago. We've been foster caring her. I already have two dogs, a pit and a belgiun shepard mix. The shepard does not want the new dog around. We had the new dog fixed had her shots, had her chipped and insured. They got in a fight three days ago and the new dog got her ass handed to her (face all bloodied up). They fought again last night and had to take new dog to vet for punctured elbow and bloody face. $500 for rescue dog in 6 weeks. New dog started both fights. Anyone want a dog.http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/o...gsBirthday.jpg

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

That sucks they're fighting. You're going to need to keep them separated until you can find a new home for the one.

Black
    2002 Formula Firehawk

michael vick!!

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by 96z28 View Post
    michael vick!!
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

friggin' pitbulls. FFFUUUU

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Yep, you'll have to keep them separated from now on. They won't stop fighting now. I hope you're able to find her a good home quickly

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

That sucks.

I adopted a Pit/Mix. We brought in another stray a year later, some sort of a doberman/coon dog mix--both dogs are female. They wouldn't get along until I let them both out in the backyard, and they fought for about 2 minutes. The doberman gave up and laid down at the Pit's feet. I wished I had taped this, it was a Discovery Channel moment.

After that the Pit was the established "Leader of the pack" and they get along great.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

^^^I'm with this guy...let them duke it out until one establishes dominance and you won't have anymore problems. The two alphas are fighting and you're breaking it up.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    ^^^I'm with this guy...let them duke it out until one establishes dominance and you won't have anymore problems. The two alphas are fighting and you're breaking it up.
    Have you ever owned pit bulls before?

That could be a very bad idea depending on the personalities of these dogs. Or at the very least quite costly and damaging to one of them.

Black
    99 Formula

Vet bills already 500+, Our friend is planning on getting a dog and has agreed to keep her for 2 weeks while my brides out of town. I'm betting on the dog winning her over and she will have a new home. No way I'm letting them fight it out. The stray is foster care only and I won't risk letting my dog get hurt. That fight was fricking nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    This can not be good, what if one kills the other or does severe damage. My daughter who is going to vet school has a new dog at my home right now on trial bases that she wanted to adopt and he does not like my dog at all 2 fights already my dog lost both. So it is not going to work out . Some dogs just do better alone. I dont think it would be very fun owning two dogs knowing that one is the pack leader/killer for the lack of a better term and one is always scared of the other. The pack leader should be the owner. That is me

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by cuzimoto View Post
    Vet bills already 500+, Our friend is planning on getting a dog and has agreed to keep her for 2 weeks while my brides out of town. I'm betting on the dog winning her over and she will have a new home. No way I'm letting them fight it out. The stray is foster care only and I won't risk letting my dog get hurt. That fight was fricking nasty.
    I hope that works out. They can be very loving and devoted dogs with their owners. Just that when one decides it's on with another dog... it usually stays that way. Even if they seem to get along for a while. You just never know when the next tiff will happen or what will trigger it. Pits can be hard to tear apart too. And, as you know, they can do a lot of damage to one another.

I wouldn't put my dog at risk with a foster dog either. Yep, I hope it all works out and she finds a new forever home

Black
    99 Formula

Thanks, they are being kept apart from each other till my friend takes her. She's super sweet, even with other dogs. It's just them two. What part of Socal you from.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

You need that dog whisperer of the national geo channel. That dude could fix it so they would kiss while sitting pretty wearing tutu's.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Thanks, they are being kept apart from each other till my friend takes her. She's super sweet, even with other dogs. It's just them two. What part of Socal you from.
    Santa Clarita. Sarges old stomping grounds

Black
    99 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    You need that dog whisperer of the national geo channel. That dude could fix it so they would kiss while sitting pretty wearing tutu's.
    All hail Ciezer

Rescued a pit mix 6 weeks ago. We've been foster caring her. I already have two dogs, a pit and a belgiun shepard mix. The shepard does not want the new dog around. We had the new dog fixed had her shots, had her chipped and insured. They got in a fight three days ago and the new dog got her ass handed to her (face all bloodied up). They fought again last night and had to take new dog to vet for punctured elbow and bloody face. $500 for rescue dog in 6 weeks. New dog started both fights. Anyone want a dog.http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/o...gsBirthday.jpg
    Sounds like your Shepherd isnt socialized very well. The issue isnt the rescued dog, its your existing Shepherd that has issues. You better get that handled before it attacks another dog or a person and you get sued.

As a reference point. I currently own an American Bulldog and a Valley Bulldog. My family used to breed Rotts. I know a thing or two about dogs..

I used to have male dogs that got into it all the time. One was a collie the other a shepherd/collie mix. The collie wasn't much bigger and he literally picked up the mix by its neck and flipped him over top of him. I've never had an issue with 2 female dogs fighting. It's great you tried to help, just glad one of them didn't end up dead! I do have a pit mix and my lab at the time went after her for trying to kill a cat he was friends with... she latched on to him and I had to punch her to get her to let go. I know pits get a bad rep and shes a gentle dog, but they have strong jaws and if they turn it could get ugly.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

fight them to the death...

not. you might just have to find your pit a new home

Black
    99 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    Sounds like your Shepherd isnt socialized very well. The issue isnt the rescued dog, its your existing Shepherd that has issues. You better get that handled before it attacks another dog or a person and you get sued.

As a reference point. I currently own an American Bulldog and a Valley Bulldog. My family used to breed Rotts. I know a thing or two about dogs..
    The Shepard has issues, she was also a rescue and was out of control violent with anything when we got her. I worked my ass off with her and she is now extremlly well behaved and disciplined do not need a leash (the pit attacked both times). It's my wifes dog and she ain't going anywhere.
    Last edited by cuzimoto; 03-04-2009 at 08:07 PM.

Thread Information