Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

None

Does Nascar Suck ?

I hate Nascar!

I have not seen any Nascar (Losers) Fans on this site?

Are there any fans out there, or is it really as bad as I think?

I've been a fan for years. And don't start with that loser crap. Other than "Watching cars go round in circles is boring", I'll guarantee that you can't come up with a single valid arguement to demerit it...

But unforunately, this year, it WILL suck. The people that make NASCAR what it is will reject it with the introduction of Toyota and the new uniform car design. The "fairweather" fans that many to credit as the reason of NASCARs recent success dont matter. After all, they are called "fairweather" fans for a reason

None

Quote Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28 View Post
    I've been a fan for years. And don't start with that loser crap. Other than "Watching cars go round in circles is boring", I'll guarantee that you can't come up with a single valid arguement to demerit it...

But unforunately, this year, it WILL suck. The people that make NASCAR what it is will reject it with the introduction of Toyota and the new uniform car design. The "fairweather" fans that many to credit as the reason of NASCARs recent success dont matter. After all, they are called "fairweather" fans for a reason
    Circles get old, other then that... well you got me.

And the 2nd paragraph is right on the money... and I will not lie I will watch it if there is no other racing at all. Just expressing my view, hey it makes much
    cash so I have to be the minority.

Are U going to watch any of the Rolex 24?

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

I drove circle track years back on a local level. It was plenty of fun but we would spend most of the week just fixing the car for the next event, plus the person with the best car often wins. In Drag Racing there are brackets and often it is the best driver that wins.

There is nothing boring about circle track from the perspective of the driver or crew.

I prefer drag racing and have done pretty well at it but if I had to watch bracket racing on tv or circle track on TV I'd probably pluck out all my hairs.

I do enjoy watching top fuel, funny car, pro mod, and the various pro staock classes on tv.
    Last edited by tnthub; 01-27-2007 at 04:46 AM.
    2002 Street ET Champion New England Dragway
    1999 Street ET Champion Oxford Dragway
    My Blog is here: http://www.downtime.com

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yes it does for us old farts. No it don't (obviously) for the young folks.
    NASCAR has evolved from my hero's of Junior Johnson/Richard Petty/Bobby Issac/David Pearson and the likes....hard nosed, grease all over em, working on their own cars....no polish on any of those guys...just hard core gearheads....I called those guys race car guys.....Today we have pretty boys who don't know a spark plug from an oil filter....are paid millions to "advertise and pose for pictures"....I call em pussy's. But NASCAR is one big som bitch...more fans for sure than in the early 60's when maybe twice a year ABC Wide World of Sports would have a "blurb" on NASCAR.....and by the way...we all knew it as Stock Car Racing....didnt even know what in the hell a NASCAR was....So to sum it up....I don't think the old Stock Car Racing scene would survive in todays world of Paris Hilton and all the fame and glitz required from damn near anything to provide a fan base....so todays NASCAR is what you must have....all the pretty boys...and marketing hype...and 7X24X365 Speed Channel coverage and mini series of Life on the Road bullshit....
    But ol Junior Johnson given a 2007 car and in his hey day would wipe the track with JR. and Tony Stewart and the likes....and then whip their ass in the pits if they had anything to say So no I dont like the glitter of todays NASCAR but I understand it.
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

to us big city boys, nascar is viewed as a toothless mullet wearing redneck sport.
    i mean driving around in circles waiting for a draft is a bore.
    then again, just about any racing is looked upon as a hillbilly sport
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

[QUOTE=nhraformula;573168]to us big city boys, nascar is viewed as a toothless mullet wearing redneck sport.
    then again, just about any racing is looked upon as a hillbilly sport[/QUOTE

so why do u big city boys have a nascar event ?

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    NASCAR has evolved from my hero's of Junior Johnson/Richard Petty/Bobby Issac/David Pearson and the likes....hard nosed, grease all over em, working on their own cars....no polish on any of those guys...just hard core gearheads....I called those guys race car guys.....Today we have pretty boys who don't know a spark plug from an oil filter....are paid millions to "advertise and pose for pictures"....I call em pussy's. But NASCAR is one big som bitch...more fans for sure than in the early 60's when maybe twice a year ABC Wide World of Sports would have a "blurb" on NASCAR.....and by the way...we all knew it as Stock Car Racing....didnt even know what in the hell a NASCAR was....So to sum it up....I don't think the old Stock Car Racing scene would survive in todays world of Paris Hilton and all the fame and glitz required from damn near anything to provide a fan base....so todays NASCAR is what you must have....all the pretty boys...and marketing hype...and 7X24X365 Speed Channel coverage and mini series of Life on the Road bullshit....
    But ol Junior Johnson given a 2007 car and in his hey day would wipe the track with JR. and Tony Stewart and the likes....and then whip their ass in the pits if they had anything to say So no I dont like the glitter of todays NASCAR but I understand it.
    well said

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

yep, ol' school nascar was the balls, todays nascar sucks ass. Bunch of pampered pussies

black

[QUOTE=rrgray8;573176]
    Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    to us big city boys, nascar is viewed as a toothless mullet wearing redneck sport.
    then again, just about any racing is looked upon as a hillbilly sport[/QUOTE

so why do u big city boys have a nascar event ?
    we do?

None

[QUOTE=nhraformula;573230]
    Quote Originally Posted by rrgray8 View Post

we do?
    Right on!

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Is it just me...or do two of the letters that make up NASCAR stand for STOCK CAR??

"now,you pissed us off!!" Trouble maker's Avatar
    [QUOTE=nhraformula;573230]
    Quote Originally Posted by rrgray8 View Post

we do?
    He's probably thinking of the Joliet raceway?

black

[QUOTE=Trouble maker;573287]

He's probably thinking of the Joliet raceway?
    joilet=nasty, i wont go there, inbred heaven, lol.

Blue

Yea NASCAR sux,lol. U cant go wrong with 8,000 Horsepower top fueler's

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I think the cars are all to even.. They got into this whole "fair and equal" thing ... Raceing is not about being fair it is about the best car and the best driver ...Money will always come in first , if you want equal get one of the lesser NASCAR series .. Cup boys should be about whatever takes to make it faster period ....
    Like I said before I went to the Big Track in Talladega and of the 3 races ...CUP, Trucks , and ARCA ... ARCA put on the best show ..it looked like NASCAR used to look... IMO....

then again, just about any racing is looked upon as a hillbilly sport
    But to you "big city boys" its OK to run your Ford Explorers and 3 series BMWs at 90-100MPH in circles on the beltway, drafting (tailgating to city folk) others? And running in packs of shitty little ricers "racing" in highway traffic is considered.... hillbilly?

04 GTO QuickSilver
    95 MarkVIII wifey white

NO.

Mystic Teal Metallic
    1998 Z-28, 2010 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I grew up with the old "Grand National" racing in North Carolina. I lived a mile from Richard Petty's garage and used to go watch racing all the time. During those years and in the state of NC itself, racing was very much alive.

I'm with you on the fact that NASCAR is not what it used to be 30-40 years ago, but if it was, it wouldn't be here. NASCAR is a commercial juggernaut. The lengths at which they go to identify new markets and what to market are really amazing. You can't argue with the commercial success that they have achieved.

Having said all that, I am still a NASCAR fan. One of the reasons is the tremendous amount of skill it takes to drive a car on the razor's edge of wrecking, all at speeds that are beyond comprehension for most people. The average person and most of the people on this forum would have absolutely no success at reaching the performance level required of these guys at just about any track on the schedule, much less doing it for 3-4 hours at a time. If any of you think so, you are deluding yourself.

I watch it because its fun and entertaining. I go to quite a few races and enjoy the competition and I'm with 200,000 people that enjoy the same thing I do.

WHITE
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Nastyfoot View Post
    yep, ol' school nascar was the balls, todays nascar sucks ass. Bunch of pampered pussies
    +1 They should go back to the early days fender rubbin',no restricter,balls out,run it to you hear screadin' metal and smell shit!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information