Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodge Demon

BRR
    2002 SS LE

Dodge Demon

I've been following this for a few weeks now. Looks to be pretty wicked so far. Although I think it's going to look exactly what was in the latest Fast & Furious movie, I have no doubts it's going to be a very fast street car. The technology in it that has been leaked so far is pretty sweet. Having the intercooler pump and cooling fan still running until it reaches a temp. that the driver sets after the engine has been shut off is an awesome feature. It will be a bit on the disappointing side for the people who are really into the car if it only makes 757 horsepower. If nothing else, the clip teasers are awesome to try and figure out.

2018 Dodge Demon - Domestic. Not Domesticated. #ifyouknowyouknow

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

So... is it another challenger model?

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Yes it will be a Dodge Challenger Demon.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Arctic White, red/gray

The challenger already has a enough BA models, R/T, SRT, Scat Pack, T/A, Hell Cat... they should redo the dart and make it a smaller mid range power(350ish) RWD little beast. Or just make a car called the demon that is what I described.

BRR
    2002 SS LE

I would agree with that, but I think Dodge is wanting to be on the top of the muscle car game and designing a whole new model may take a bit more time than they are willing to wait.

Arctic White, red/gray

The 707hp hell cat already puts them on top power wise. Even the new ZL1 is only 650hp. Where the challenger has always suffered since it has came back is track day performance. It has never been on par with the mustang/Camaro. In part due to its 4200lbs+ curb weight... in some cases 4500lbs. But dodge does have the best looking of the 3 IMO. The Camaro has gotten better since 2008 though.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Part of the track performance in addition to the curb weight is the problem of not being able to mini tub the rear wheel wells. The rear wheels can't use bigger tires that would handle the 707hp/tq. IIRC the biggest size it can handle is 275 maybe a 295 with a BFH and wheel offset adjustment. Only way currently to get bigger tires is to do a wide body kit or have a shop flare out the fenders.

I've heard they address this issue with the Demon

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Or the E Class based front end is always needing something replaced.
    83 Thunderturd even bigger turd probably LQ4 4L80 swap at some point
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    the guys here know how to find a nekkid chick farting into a cake but 2+2 stumps the shit out of 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    My brain must be defective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Says the king of mockery and shit talking

BRR
    2002 SS LE

Rumors are a there will be 315's on the rear of the demon and it will be 250lbs lighter than a Hellcat. Also a bit lower gear ratio. Something along the lines of 3.23 is what I've been reading. (I didn't know the 2016 auto's were geared at 2.62) Just those 3 mods will be quite a improvement over the Hellcat.

After dealer mark-ups, they will be $90k+ I'm guessing. They are gonna make HUGE profits off of all the extra "track equipment" that you will be able to buy with the car. You can buy the Fireball 990hp Camaro for that price. It's going to be interesting. While the Challenger is the best looking of the big 3 muscle cars, I don't see this being anything different than a Hellcat with a bit bigger hood scoop and wider wheels/tires.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

This new addition to the Hellcat addition to an already long line of Challenger models doesn't do much for me. I would really like to see them go all in on a new platform for the Challenger after this. They've been running on that Mercedes chassis plenty long enough... they can do better, and I hope they do.

Arctic White, red/gray

The scat pack 8 speed autos are 3.06s I thought? But the M6s you can get 3.73s or 3.90s already. Either way that 8 speed auto gets better 0-60 times than the M6s do.... in the magazines at least.

BRR
    2002 SS LE

Torque management is a wonderful thing when you have 650 ft lbs and only a 275 rear tire.

Dodge isn't gonna make any significant body or chassis changes anytime soon since they are set to unveil it at the NY Auto Show in April. If it doesn't sell like they think it will, they will either make a significant change in the looks and make it a model on its own or scrap the idea altogether.

Arctic White, red/gray

Even manuals have trq management and launch control. The thing is with 8 gears dodge can do a lot of playing around in the first 5-6 gears.

The new Camaro has a 10 speed auto.... when is enough... enough? They're getting close to mountain bike gears.

BRR
    2002 SS LE

[QUOTE=Zinergy;2962926]Even manuals have trq management and launch control. The thing is with 8 gears dodge can do a lot of playing around in the first 5

There will be at least 12 speeds in the next 5 years. I don't know if they ever plan on stopping adding more gears. Something new = something they can charge people for. Upgrading from a 8-speed to the BRAND NEW 10-speed = an extra $1000. It wouldn't make financial sense for them to stop putting new ideas and technology into vehicles, they couldn't justify upping the prices.

Arctic White, red/gray

New ideas and tech are one thing but when does it reach the annoying level? How many shifts do you really want to see/feel?

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Even manuals have trq management and launch control. The thing is with 8 gears dodge can do a lot of playing around in the first 5-6 gears.

The new Camaro has a 10 speed auto.... when is enough... enough? They're getting close to semi-truck gears.
    fixed that....

Arctic White, red/gray

Yea.... those too.

Navy Blue Metallic

These increase of gears basically is the work around for all of these BS cafe standards being imposed on the industry.

Arctic White, red/gray

That is some of it for sure, but with dual clutch, auto clutch transmissions you can basically have a manual transmission... that is computer controlled. So if the full manuals can get good results and adhere to café standards with a 6 speed full manual... there is no reason they can't with a computer controlled 6 speed manual. Since it's still a manual trans... with a clutch... it's just computer controlled.

Part of it is advertising and people subconsciously thinking "It has more gears... it must be better". I just wonder at what point does it make little sense from a performance and or efficiency standpoint? And progress for the sake of progress takes over AKA more gears for the sake of more gears.

BRR
    2002 SS LE

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    That is some of it for sure, but with dual clutch, auto clutch transmissions you can basically have a manual transmission... that is computer controlled. So if the full manuals can get good results and adhere to café standards with a 6 speed full manual... there is no reason they can't with a computer controlled 6 speed manual. Since it's still a manual trans... with a clutch... it's just computer controlled.

Part of it is advertising and people subconsciously thinking "It has more gears... it must be better". I just wonder at what point does it make little sense from a performance and or efficiency standpoint? And progress for the sake of progress takes over AKA more gears for the sake of more gears.
    Anything past a 6-speed in either auto(any form) or manual is needless as far as efficiency. There could be a bit more of an argument for more than 6 from the performance standpoint.

It is all just a matter of making money off of people who have to have the latest and greatest and want to "keep up with the jones'".

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information