View Poll Results: Do you think the admins/moderators of LS1tech.com are snotty?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 22.22%
  • No

14 38.89%
  • Didn't notice anything

14 38.89%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Do you think the admins/moderators of LS1tech.com are snotty?

Just curious what you guys think. Personally I don't like the site all that much, I prefer this one. I find some of the admins to be a little arrogant, and too many youngsters there makes it feels like a high school playground.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Think 75% of the members are snotty. Great tech info though. Search over there is a huge help.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Quote Originally Posted by apache View Post
    Just curious what you guys think. Personally I don't like the site all that much, I prefer this one. I find some of the admins to be a little arrogant, and too many youngsters there makes it feels like a high school playground.
    they keep the drama low at that site. if you think they act like high schoolers over there, this place is romper room then.
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Silver
    2000 Z28

ls1tech is the LS1 tech site. The admins made a choice when they broke off from here to have a more mature and tech site. Also they decided to always pay the bills on time.

If you have a problem with the ls1tech admins or mods, chances are you are causing trouble and/or not dealing with ls1 related tech and instead are looking for a chat site.

Quote Originally Posted by FastAl View Post
    ls1tech is the LS1 tech site. The admins made a choice when they broke off from here to have a more mature and tech site. Also they decided to always pay the bills on time.

If you have a problem with the ls1tech admins or mods, chances are you are causing trouble and/or not dealing with ls1 related tech and instead are looking for a chat site.
    Well I am experiencing a lot of delays and poor performance lately. At least this site is always up and responsive.

And no I am not causing trouble whatsoever. I just noticed some other members getting reprimanded for silly things. That and some of the responses I see from time to time, make me wonder.
    Last edited by apache; 10-02-2006 at 10:39 AM.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ

Quote Originally Posted by FastAl View Post

More mature over there huh? As far as not having an AAG thread, yes I agree. BUT, as far as member responses go I don't buy it. If you are a newbie and ask a question on that site that some members find to be a bad question you get ripped to shreds with sarcastic remarks. Instead of helping, a ton of aassholes over there give an asshole remark to try to be funny. That, IMHO, is not "Mature" as you suggested. The tech info is out of this world as far as F-Body info goes, but the attitudes of alot of the members is quite annoying over there. Almost like they run in little high school girl clicks.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ

Quote Originally Posted by apache View Post
    Well I am experiencing a lot of delays and poor performance lately. At least this site is always up and responsive.
    You're right, there site has been painfully slow over there for a few months now, search doesn't always work and logging on takes time.

Any site that has not banned zeke from ls2 once must have something wrong with it.

They are all tech so for the information they rock. As for conversation and staff it really does not matter. Just look for the information you need via search if you cannot find it PM a member with a high post count. Its a cash cow that runs itself the staff is there to make sure it stays that way.

If i had to choose between them and ls2 it would be them all day they know what they are talking about, and they cut the bullshit out.

1 BAD ASS BOWTIE StangKiller615's Avatar

Black on Black
    2001 Camaro SS

I don't care for Tech like I do this site. It seems everyone is closer here then there. Just about everyone there is snotty.

Quote Originally Posted by StangKiller615 View Post
    I don't care for Tech like I do this site. It seems everyone is closer here then there. Just about everyone there is snotty.
    Again it is a no B.S site it is for tech information. I just use it like a book then leave.

Black on Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrus View Post
    Again it is a no B.S site it is for tech information. I just use it like a book then leave.
    I feel I can get all the info. I need here.

Then you have never visited their site. We were second to them before the crash that hit the board. We barley have 10% of the information they have now. We also have maybe 6 members who know what they are talking about tech wise. They have threads for advice that either has been answered or will get answered sooner than here.

I love this site, but im honest about it. We have a good friendly site, we do not have a very good car/tech site.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ

Then you have never visited their site. We were second to them before the crash that hit the board. We barley have 10% of the information they have now. We also have maybe 6 members who know what they are talking about tech wise. They have threads for advice that either has been answered or will get answered sooner than here.

I love this site, but im honest about it. We have a good friendly site, we do not have a very good car/tech site.
    Amen brother +10. This site is like hanging at the bar with your best buddies, shooting the shit about what happened that day in your life, and honestly, that's what I like about it.

Black on Black
    2001 Camaro SS

I have an account there, but rarely post there. I think if I ever need info on anything, one of the six would be more than happy to assist. You also have to consider they have double the amount of members we have here.

Red
    1971 Camaro

if you go play in someones back yard, you play by their rules....without rules it's just an uninformative shouting match...
    71 Camaro, roller cam 454 LS6, tremec TKO 600 5 speed, 2.56 gears, berlineta t-top, New Mexico plate "RAT454"
    74 Monte Carlo, 95 LT1 drive traIn swap, full computer,
    67 Buick Electra 225, 430 tire burner wildcat,
    +++if it ain't broke it's breaking+++

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I really think many car forums have lost it with Noobs asking simple questions. How much oil does my car take. Instead of just answering the questions many "members" just lay into their ass about the search button or dumbass question commnets....that really chaps my ass.....we all were newbs one time....
    And for the record...I got boatloads of data.....I have put together....I need to spend a weekend and get it in the proper format so it can be searched.....lots of pics and how to's for the Chevy Shortblocks and LSX motors and drivelines....free mod how to's....tons of crap....

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I check it. Post once and a while.
    You really have to read though anymore. They have so many different right opinions there...you have to kinda pick your battles.
    For sale section is much busier.

I try to help here.
    I just read there for tech stuff to get an idea of what I need and then make up my own mind.

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

i'm mainly a stereo guy. i haven't dug too much into the motor yet. too busy fixing the cosmetics first. but whitebird over there is smart as fuck. i haven't had any problems other than they deleted a guys thread on an ebay clutch, because one of the sponsors didn't like that they were talking about it or someshit. and something to do with unpaid bills. bla bla bla.

so they just deleted his thread while we were awaiting results. if enough people bitch, they seem to let it go, you just won't see any mod/admin chime in on those threads as they do mostly.

it's not so much the newbies asking the same fucking question week in and week out, it's just when someone who has 500+ post count from a "mechanical" thread decides he's gonna replace his speakers. then asks the same ? every one else asks week to week. when you've been around a site for a while, you should know to use the search.

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

and to me, this place feels more like "home" that place feels like the "parts" store.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black

you are sadly mistaken. this site is nothing but a former shell of itself.

i have been a member here since 2000 and over there since november 01.
    i remember the shit storm of a split that happened here and ls1tech was born.
    they are no bullshit tech guys. there is no other site or ls1 sites combined that have the know how of that site.
    are some of them anal, yes they are.
    i do think john and tony need to upgrade servers or whatever over there, it has been slow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information