Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Do you care if players use Steroids??

Seems to be a big thing nowadays .. As for me I dont really care at all...

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Don't care at all.

Don't want to see some nerds getting paid millions to play what equates to a high school intramural game. I wanna see some 300 pound motherfuckers throw that ball a mile away.

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Don't care at all.

Don't want to see some nerds getting paid millions to play what equates to a high school intramural game. I wanna see some 300 pound motherfuckers throw that ball a mile away.
    almost exact quote from a conversation i had on friday. hell yes big mac

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I care from one aspect, if some are going to do it, let everyone do it, so its an even playing field. Otherwise, I really don't give a shit. Athletes aren't role models/icons/gods

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I care from one aspect, if some are going to do it, let everyone do it, so its an even playing field. Otherwise, I really don't give a shit. Athletes aren't role models/icons/gods
    this.

and that you now have to create a seperate record book. You can't let these juiced up guys shatter all the sports records of guys that came by it honest such as Ruth and Aaron.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Create a new league of steriod enhanced only (and those that think they can compete without) athletes. Do it for all sports. If it's too easy for them then new rules to make it harder.

Baseball: HR hit in the bleachers is now a ground rule triple, ya gotta hit it out of the park (or a min distance) for it to be a homerun. Or maybe 120 feet between the bases.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

As far as I'm concerned, sports are entertainment and should be entertaining.

Similar to movies. Would 300 have been as epic and as entertaining if Leonidas and his men had Bill Gates' physique? No. People want to watch larger than life characters/athletes do larger than life things.

Door-To-Door Pipelayer DJ Red Barron's Avatar

86 Buick GNx - Black
    08 Jeep GC SRT8 - SBM

I'd prefer steroid use. I want to see people have their heads literally torn off by some big motherfuckers as blood covers the playing field.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    this.

and that you now have to create a seperate record book. You can't let these juiced up guys shatter all the sports records of guys that came by it honest such as Ruth and Aaron.
    How do you know they were not taking something.. Just because it wasnt called a steroid back then .. How do you know that they were not being given something to help enhance their abilities ..
    You also have to look at how teams train nowadays .. and what about the fact there is more teams and more games ,,, Bats are different , balls , gloves, fields, to say that a person cant break a record you would have to have play games just like they did back in the 50s or 60s...
    Last edited by snaggeltooth; 01-18-2010 at 03:12 PM.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I dont give a shit...do you care if your favorite actress snorts a truckload of cocaine after a day of filming....nope....long as she got a nice rack and ass...who gives a shit....same with athletes for me....take steroids...I could care less...your liver man....

gold
    2000 honder accord

I give no shits about them taking steriods.

I would prefer it, atleast they will be getting paid to shorten their lives instead of just playing a game I played in High School so I could bang a few chicks.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    this.

Agreed

Similar to movies. Would 300 have been as epic and as entertaining if Leonidas and his men had Bill Gates' physique? No. People want to watch larger than life characters/athletes do larger than life things.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Red Barron View Post
    I'd prefer steroid use. I want to see people have their heads literally torn off by some big motherfuckers as blood covers the playing field.
    We think alike

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    How do you know they were not taking something.. Just because it wasnt called a steroid back then .. How do you know that they were not being given something to help enhance their abilities ..
    You also have to look at how teams train nowadays .. and what about the fact there is more teams and more games ,,, Bats are different , balls , gloves, fields, to say that a person cant break a record you would have to have play games just like they did back in the 50s or 60s...
    Do you have evidence to suggest previous era's did use enhancements? In several decades time, there has been no indications of enhancements

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I dont give a shit...do you care if your favorite actress snorts a truckload of cocaine after a day of filming....nope....long as she got a nice rack and ass...who gives a shit....same with athletes for me....take steroids...I could care less...your liver man....
    Yep, fuck em, let them die with a bunch of money they will never have time to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew rs View Post
    I give no shits about them taking steriods.

I would prefer it, atleast they will be getting paid to shorten their lives instead of just playing a game I played in High School so I could bang a few chicks.
    ^

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I'm 50/50 on this. If Polamalou can snatch someone from the opposite team without thinkin twice, that is cool. But mewonders what the end result would be if one like Polamalou was juiced up and trampled same opposing team member?

Arctic White
    2001 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    I'm 50/50 on this. If Polamalou can snatch someone from the opposite team without thinkin twice, that is cool. But mewonders what the end result would be if one like Polamalou was juiced up and trampled same opposing team member?
    Look how much Merriman dropped off since getting off the juice. I don't think players should be using them. You're getting paid because you're supposed to be the best at what you do without needing enhancements.

Impounded

silver
    02 modified z28

[QUOTE=snaggeltooth;2209431]Seems to be a big thing nowadays .. As for me I dont really care at all...[/QUOTE
    No

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by LgndKller20073 View Post
    Look how much Merriman dropped off since getting off the juice. I don't think players should be using them. You're getting paid because you're supposed to be the best at what you do without needing enhancements.
    I agree with that. I really am not a fan of roids. Hearing stories of roid rage and shortened life expectancies are not a laughing matter. And the mere thought of shoving a needle into yourself gives me the

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

You are wise beyond your gears, young grasshoppa.

'06 Z06 & '05 Ram SRT-10

I think what people do to their bodies is all up to them. If one person can, everyone should be able to do the roids if they chose to as far as professional sports can go. As I can see it, sports is more for entertainment and celebrity status...

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Do you have evidence to suggest previous era's did use enhancements? In several decades time, there has been no indications of enhancements

No.. but then again people didnt have the internet and 24/7 ESPN and such ... Just because we dont know they did does not mean they didnt ...It prob wasnt as good as the juice they use today . maybe like Mac said , maybe it just helped them play more games ...

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

I guess im different from everyone else, in here, im totally against the use of steroids in sports.

This is how I see it, players are put onto proffesional sport teams for a reason, they are good, all players are good in a different way some not as good as others, but you get the point, now say if all players started using steroids from the MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL etc., would they be ridiculously good? Yes, but, this would make the whole sports scence kind of boring imo because, everyone would be so good. It's always funny watching a suckass team take an L, if you suck, train harder to get better, it's also very cool watching a team progress and get better from hard work, steroids have no place in the sports area imo. Would totally ruin the whole franchise imo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information