Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Light Metallic Pewter
    1999 Camaro Z28

Do people hate your car too?

Ok, I have the Loudmouth exhaust on my car, the last job I had the Owner told me to slow the F*** down when I'm driving on his property. When I told him I didn't drive fast out of the parking lot (which WAS true) but that I had a loud exhaust, he said he could hear me all the way down the F***ing road. I ended up leaving that place. I think he was mad that my camaro was faster than his 1) porsche boxter (non S) 2) Lexus SE430 and his 3) Tahoe. Anyway where I work now, I was told to watch out, because I am being watched on the cameras, which is totally bullsh**, because there is a ford truck who revs it up, and peels out EVERYDAY. I just drive it. Ok, I pulled out fast 2 times from there, but that was when I was on the road. My question is does anyone else have the same problems with work or with people telling them to slow down, even when doing the speed limit, and accelerating slowly?

black
    95 z28, 05 Altima

I have hooker longtubes custom 3" exhaust with a cut out. I don't have a problem at work b/c I work in downtown Cincy and pay for a lot away from my building. I do however have problem when going through subdivisions. Even when I am not going fast people yell at me and tell me to slow down. I am like F*&$, I am not going fast its just loud asshole. So yeah i have had similar experiences.

i run over small kids and animals everyday, parents come at me hard i flashem the shocker and tellem to step.

Quote Originally Posted by LOCKDOWN View Post
    Ok, I have the Loudmouth exhaust on my car, the last job I had the Owner told me to slow the F*** down when I'm driving on his property. When I told him I didn't drive fast out of the parking lot (which WAS true) but that I had a loud exhaust, he said he could hear me all the way down the F***ing road. I ended up leaving that place. I think he was mad that my camaro was faster than his 1) porsche boxter (non S) 2) Lexus SE430 and his 3) Tahoe. Anyway where I work now, I was told to watch out, because I am being watched on the cameras, which is totally bullsh**, because there is a ford truck who revs it up, and peels out EVERYDAY. I just drive it. Ok, I pulled out fast 2 times from there, but that was when I was on the road. My question is does anyone else have the same problems with work or with people telling them to slow down, even when doing the speed limit, and accelerating slowly?

maybe its the orange making your sweet ride just too elite.

NBM
    2001 Trans Am WS6

same, if the car is loud they assume your going fast. Its BS, I just tell them to mind there own business. There is one guy by my house that just stares at me everytime I go around a corner because he waits for me to gun it. Needles to say, he has gotten several lawnjobs from my buddies.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

the whole office building knows when I arrive and leave for the day. Some people love it (others hate it in the parking garage). Some people have honestly and sarcastically asked if I can make it any louder, and I tell then I'm in the process of doing so...lol Some tightwads out there must lead boring lives if all they do is bitch about the sound a car makes. Sure they get after me about a v8, but not about the fart cannon Hondas. Go figure...
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

I tend to pull out slow and let my car warm up, I never beat on it till it's warmed up
    2000TA, ARCTIC WHITE, 6 SPD
    ALL THE USUAL STUFF
    A MILE HIGH & A SECOND SLOWER

1 BAD ASS BOWTIE StangKiller615's Avatar

Black on Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    the whole office building knows when I arrive and leave for the day. Some people love it (others hate it in the parking garage). Some people have honestly and sarcastically asked if I can make it any louder, and I tell then I'm in the process of doing so...lol Some tightwads out there must lead boring lives if all they do is bitch about the sound a car makes. Sure they get after me about a v8, but not about the fart cannon Hondas. Go figure...
    A fart can is the most annoying sound in the world? American muscle is music to the ears!

everyone loves it for some reason...kids stare at it, dads give me looks, chicks look, lovers yell over and say it sounds mean as hell, get people to twirl there hands motioning for a burnout.....

funny thing is, my car is cammed, no cats, and through a loudmouth with mac mids. loud as hell....but cops leave me alone here in MD.

infact, ive gotten pulled over twice, just to be told they loved the sound of my car...one cop owned a CETA. and sometimes we cruise locally.....

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

the best sound in the world is a cammed v8, i have to agree!

besides i'm doing a civil service. i'm helping senior citizens think they don't suffer from hearing loss...lol

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Tell them to f*ck off.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Everybody around here actually have alot of respect for my car. Ive gotten bitched at a couple of times for my exhaust. I revved up pulling in to a local restaurant when i first put my open pipe on and didnt realize a little kid was there. The mom bitched at me so i ended up offering to pay for their dinner.

Light Metallic Pewter
    1999 Camaro Z28

Yeah, I got pulled over twice, the first time I was doing 12 over, State trooper, I thought I was done, He told me slow down, my tires were too low, and it was too loud. I got him talking about the two older camaros he used to have and he let me go with a warning. He said "I could make you go to get your exhaust and tires checked in about 2 weeks to make sure you took care of 'em, buuut I don't think we're gonna have to worry about that" Coolest cop ever. The second time I got pulled over, the cop walks up and I said I know I wasn't speeding officer, and he says "Yeah, but when you gunned it I heard you two blocks away!" He let me go with a warning too.

blue
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Don't have too many problems around here. Most people say they like the way my car sounds.

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

i've been squirted with a hose and yelled at,i only have a flowmaster on mine and was not speeding at all but i guess they could hear me.......pissed me off !
    Last edited by astyles; 09-25-2006 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 05 Stone Srt-4 View Post
    Everybody around here actually have alot of respect for my car. Ive gotten bitched at a couple of times for my exhaust. I revved up pulling in to a local restaurant when i first put my open pipe on and didnt realize a little kid was there. The mom bitched at me so i ended up offering to pay for their dinner.

it's just a neon....no way it could be that loud.

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

well i used to get yelled at every time i went to by buddy house by every person on the way i was going like 15 max bec. of the 5,000 small kids in the road. well one day i had had enough the kids yelled at me, the moms, then the dads and i was doing 10mph (speed limit 30) i slammed on my breaks and went right up to all the dads drinking beer and said " fuck you dont tell me to slow down i was only doing 10 mph. and you wouldnt have to worry about me if all your fucking little kids didnt play in the middle of the fucking road!!!!" i jumped into my car did a burn out and sped off. they just waved from then on.

Light Metallic Pewter
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by BADBLUE02 View Post
    Don't have too many problems around here. Most people say they like the way my car sounds.
    Yep, the ones that don't hate my car, Love it.

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Tell them to f*ck off.
    best answer yet!

Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

Only when I run it straight out of the headers, hehe....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information