Dish Network = Fraud

i signed up for Dish several months back....about a week later i received a letter from e-club marketing telling me that if i did not opt OUT of their letter that they would automatically bill me 19.05 a month for satelite dish "insurance"

i called Dish and "Betty Sue"(razinganie) in India told me that they had nothing to do with e-club or their insurance

so i called e-club and told them to stick it in their ass........so now 5-6 months later i look online at my bank statement and there is a charge for 19.05 from e-club marketing....i call them and tell them remove it now....of course "tuddy" in NJ says ok it will be up to 72 hours

i do some investigating and find that e-club is owned by the elephant group in NJ and the elephant group also happens to own one of the largest 3rd party sellers and installers of Dish Network and Sirius and others

i call Dish and ask for the legal department and get transfered to a supervisor and a message comes on and says do to tech troubles we cannot handle this call ad hangs up....i call again and go to s supervisor who sends me to "legal"

Dish network "legal" tells me that when i signed up with Dish that i actually signed up with "marketing guru" their installers....i say yes i understand how these things work, but i got the information to subscribe with from YOUR www.dishnetwork.com website and this company is CONTRACTED with you to serve me......why do you allow your company to contract with scam artist who will commit bank fraud using information collected in the process of signing up for your service....she could not answer me and the person who could is not in the office (it was 11 at night im surprised i talked to anyone)

she is going to be calling me on Sat to clarify why they contract with scam artist....she also informed me that marketing guru is owned my the elephant group as well (the owners of the e-club scam)

so i will be filing a report with the BBB and the Attorney General of Texas and contacting the attorney General of NJ as well (who is aware of the elephant group from reporst n the net) this week and probably dumping dish as well

i am going to make some outlandish demands on Dish for them to retain me as well, like 3 free months of service or im probably gone

in the future if you subscribe with Dish you need to watch for their "contractors" to basically opt you INTO insurance and for them to then wait a few months after you tell them no and charge you anyway

i will also look into any criminal charges as well as contacting my bank and Visa (debit card)

so far i was happy with Dish service (except the installer was scheduled between 8am and 5pm and was STILL 2 hours late) but hey thay shit happens

the scariest thing is dish is FULLY aware of elephant group and e-club and still allows them to be one of the largest providers of dish sales and installations

Quicksilver Metallic
    2005 Pontiac GTO

Dish sucks, long live cable!!!

i use dish network and am very happy with them

thats bullshit what theyre tryin to pull on you though. ive never heard of insurance on satellite tv anyways

u signed some kind of contract with the installer saying u were happy with the work right?

obviously somewhere in there is a clause for sat insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by J3ff
    u signed some kind of contract with the installer saying u were happy with the work right?

obviously somewhere in there is a clause for sat insurance.
    regardless of what may or may not have been signed i opted OUT of the insurance as soon as the letter came in the mail

now six months later i have a charge on my bank statement.....this = fraud

and i have my origional contract and i have not looked it over again, but DISH network will tell you they have nothing to do with e-club so why would they have anything in their contract to opt me in with a company they have nothing to do with....for a service they say they already provide

and i dialed the # on the DISH website to get signed up for service....i did not sign up with some ass clown in walmart parking lot....i called DISH directally and that is who recieved all of my billing information....DISH is also who picked the installer....i did not have a choice....so again why would DISH allow their contract installers to slip in third party company insurance clauses into their contracts...and why would DISH turn over my billing information to them

and AGAIN I DID OPT OUT......NOW 6 MONTHS LATER I WAS BILLED = FRAUD

yea - im not saying it's ok - just saying that document you signed is where it came from,

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

I have had dish network twice (two different homes) and i've never had that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCaveMan
    I have had dish network twice (two different homes) and i've never had that problem.
    Dish must use a reputable installer in your area

http://www.wreg.com/Global/story.asp?S=3762836

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff163742.htm
    Last edited by INandOUTBurger; 03-09-2006 at 08:41 AM.

blue/silver
    1988 Camaro

Got Dish here, never had any problems at all. I'll never go back to cable TV again.

Quote Originally Posted by thatoneguy12986
    Got Dish here, never had any problems at all. I'll never go back to cable TV again.

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I've had Dish Network, Charter Cable, and now Directv. Directv is the best of all of them... no complaints at all!

1 of 396 T/A Conv 2001 Wayah-bird's Avatar

Taupe/Red
    2001 Trans Am Conv

Thank you

I and many others appreciate your efforts to rectify a deliberate 'wrong'. These insurance people don't honor anything even if you did sign up. It is just complete profit.
    Most insurance is a rip-off anyway. I would love to see the profit figures that the car insurance companies make from us 'over-charged' F-body owners. They probably pay out next to nothing in claims and reap in HUGE amounts of money. Such a waste of hard-earned money. I don't even know why I have collision for my $20,000 car (That's what the replacemnt cost would be on a 4,000 mile car). They would probably pay me $10,000 if I was lucky, and then only after a court battle. Pathetic!

BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfe13
    I've had Dish Network, Charter Cable, and now Directv. Directv is the best of all of them... no complaints at all!
    No way! DirecTV not hackable.

update

it has been 72 hours and no credit

i contacted e-club and ask for a supervisor and was sent to a voice mail and i left a nasty message that included several threats

i then called DISH and their cancelation depart contacted e-club and was told it would be 72 BUSINESS HOURS (so 9 days plus the fucking weekend) to credit me

Dish offered to credit me 19.05 and i told them no i want 3 free months and 19.05 and the 19.05 from e-club or i am canceling

they said no it is 19.05 or nothing....i canceled they will not get my last 2 months bills or their equipment or their 150 cancel fee

i now also have a report filed on me with the south plainfield, nj PD for threats

so i called my bank (wellsfargo) and they said we will remove the charge immediately for free and put a stop charge on e-club for free (why my dumbass did not call the bank first) but everything i saw on the internet with people having the same issues all their banks wanted 20 bucks to refund the charge.....but wellsfargo came through for me

i will probably hear from a south plainfield detectave next week

i have filed a BBB report on e-club in NJ and a report on echostar/dish and another on e-club with the Texas attorney general and am having the paper work sent from the new jersey attorney general for the same thing

i am going to file a report with the FTC as well

i MIGHT go back with dish now and still tell them i want the 19.05

and the bank said if e-club credits me even after the bank reverses the charge to tell e-club to kiss my ass and sue me im keeping the extra 19.05 (turn about is a bitch hope it happens)

PS threats on a voice mail DO get you a call back rapidly....but you might get a PD call as well
    Last edited by INandOUTBurger; 03-10-2006 at 03:20 PM.

Thread Information