Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Diesel Trucks=sex

So im coming home from school and end up sitting at a light behind this dodge ram 2500 late 90's early 2000's maryland tags (of course) it's got the smokestacks through the bed and when he moves up i hear his turbo spooling it sounds so sick i hear him revving the truck and see all this black soot coming from the smokestacks i'm like dayum that thing is sweet 3 sec. later the light turns green and the thing just shhhhhhh!!! woooooommmm woooooommm spinning through like 2 gears and leaves my ass in a humungus black cloud of smoke. I was like whooooaaaa. MUST HAVE. (cummins powered obviously)

What does LS1.com think about the diesels? To be honest that is the first time i've ever seen a diesel truck in real life and i was absolutley blown away they are awesome. What's the best motor duramax, cummins, or powerstroke? I'm hooked on these things now.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

12v cummins 5.9

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

ha, you've seen more than 1 diesel truck, you probably just never noticed.

they are bad ass, if you buy a truck a diesel is the way to go

and cummins is the best

Impounded
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    12v cummins 5.9
    negative.......ford powerstroke is the best motor..........the chevys allsion tranny is the best........dodge cummins are the mustang of diesel trucks....their cheap pieces of shit everyone drives

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

the 7.3 powerstroke was a workhorse engine, slow and steady. Allison tranny is good. the cummins just responds well and makes a lot of power easily, thats why its so popular.

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Quote Originally Posted by midnightnavyz28 View Post
    negative.......ford powerstroke is the best motor..........the chevys allsion tranny is the best........dodge cummins are the mustang of diesel trucks....their cheap pieces of shit everyone drives
    cummins motors are bullet proof, and they have been made much longer than the others

Impounded

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    the 7.3 powerstroke was a workhorse engine. Allison tranny is good. the cummins just responds well and makes a lot of power easily, thats why its so popular.
    i honestly think the reason their popular is cause their soo much cheaper........Duramax diesels are really expensive, as are Powerstrokes....IMO the Cummins arent as reliable, long lasting of a truck

Impounded

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    cummins motors are bullet proof, and they have been made much longer than the others
    my friend had a 2007 that took a shit at 20k miles pulling a trailor up the appalachain mountains........what does how long its been made have to do with anything??........Fords been making the modular 4.6 longer than chevys had the 5.7 LS1........

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

and it took a shit because?....

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

ha, you've seen more than 1 diesel truck, you probably just never noticed.

they are bad ass, if you buy a truck a diesel is the way to go

and cummins is the best
    If i've seen one i probably would of noticed because of how small the streets are here and how big those trucks are. They are absolutley awesome. The cummins in that truck sounded out of this world. I probably won't get one since i like my truck to. But maybe after i get my f-body i'll pick one up lol which will be when i'm well into college.

Impounded

and it took a shit because?....
    turbo threw a bearing and went out....

Trans Am owner
    former

I just traded my car for a 1997 ford F-250 4x4 wit ha 5 speed and a Powerstroke motor.

I havent even taken pictures of it yet. I have already made a custom air intake though hahaha, and the fueling mods are about to begin

I'll make a thread and post some pics tomorrow probly

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

If it's a diesel and a manual transmission, I like it.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Funny, I'm tired of all the diesel homos around here. They are everywhere. I like tastefully tuned ones, smoke doesn't equal power and too much fuel just tears the cylinders walls up. I was trying to call my mom after doing my college test for dual credit. Couldn't hear over this stupid fucking cummins for a good minute or more. And as much fun as I would have fogging people, it's not funny when you're cruising and the windows are down. I love my grandpa's '07 f250 crewcab 4x4 though. It's the best looking 3/4 ton IMO. Stock exhaust and intake with a super-shits tune. It'll light up 35's at will. My uncle's '09 f350 crew 4x4 is silent, like a new gasser until you get on it. Cummins sound like shit, you can atleast make a ford sound somewhat like a big block. Gas inline sixes or orgasmic though.

Impounded

08 HD FXSTB
    2010 F350

Quote Originally Posted by midnightnavyz28 View Post
    While I love the super duty, the powerstrokes problems are well documented and anyone other than a ford nut hugger will tell you the 6.0 and 6.4 are garbage. The new 6.7 may change that but we will have to wait a year to see. The cummins has always been bullet proof, other than some EGR issues on the new engines due to the new regulations on diesels. Overall I think GMs are probably the best truck if you are buying new.

Impounded

Quote Originally Posted by infantryws6 View Post
    While I love the super duty, the powerstrokes problems are well documented and anyone other than a ford nut hugger will tell you the 6.0 and 6.4 are garbage. The new 6.7 may change that but we will have to wait a year to see. The cummins has always been bullet proof, other than some EGR issues on the new engines due to the new regulations on diesels. Overall I think GMs are probably the best truck if you are buying new.
    agreed.....GM's Diesels are monsters........ive saw some good write ups on the 6.7 by ford...suppose to be very nice......the cummins are ok.....i just dont buy them being the best overall

2011 Prius

Cummins is the best in lots of eyes. Duramax is alright, the Powerstoke is bleh. But all there transmissions are alright for what power they have. The Dodge Auto sucks period... If your going to be modding them, plain on changing or upgrading the transmission. These trucks with money, could easily beat allot of F-Bodies and still be worked on the farm.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

the chevy also rides much nicer than the other 2. Bunch of my buddies have an assortment of diesels. I'm not a ford guy really but my favorite of the whole crowd is an F250 fx4 a buddy has.....he's modded it though and it looks sharp as hell where as the others have just done tires and lifts and what not.

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Trucks are supposed to ride like trucks and have a straight front axle.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information