Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: diesel colorado

98 Formula
    06 duramax

diesel colorado

I'm a big fan of this idea. What I'm not a big fan of is how badly GM drops the ball when it comes to their interiors. Are there no designers that work for GM that have any taste other than cheap plastic and gaudy dashes? Catch up GM.....Dodge has had killer interiors for a decade now.

2016 Chevrolet Colorado Diesel Review - AutoGuide.com News

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

GM had front ends that don't fall apart as fast as a Dodge
    I was a fan of this until I saw the price on a new Z71 Colorado
    83 Thunderturd even bigger turd probably LQ4 4L80 swap at some point
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    the guys here know how to find a nekkid chick farting into a cake but 2+2 stumps the shit out of 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    My brain must be defective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Says the king of mockery and shit talking

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    GM had front ends that don't fall apart as fast as a Dodge
    I was a fan of this until I saw the price on a new Z71 Colorado
    might have a little better luck explaining that to someone that hasn't had to do hubs 4 times and hasn't had their steering gear leak......

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

I'm a big fan of this idea. What I'm not a big fan of is how badly GM drops the ball when it comes to their interiors. Are there no designers that work for GM that have any taste other than cheap plastic and gaudy dashes? Catch up GM.....Dodge has had killer interiors for a decade now.

2016 Chevrolet Colorado Diesel Review - AutoGuide.com News
    Dodge has had killer interiors for a decade now? What trucks have you been sitting in? 2005 Rams had killer interiors? My hunting buddy drives a 2013 ram. It feels cheap and plasticy inside. Granted he doesn't have any interior packages but still it's a 2013.

The Colorado is over priced IMO. I see the gassers with options for 40k+ stickers all the time at dealers. For a mid sized truck. Might as well buy a ram or Silverado for 40k.

Nissan and cummins got together with the new titan. 5.0 v8 turbo diesel by cummins.

Gray/ White

might have a little better luck explaining that to someone that hasn't had to do hubs 4 times and hasn't had their steering gear leak......
    GM isn't buying any trucks back for the front ends...
    Hubs that's been an issue forever. Though that's about the only part of a Dodge front end that doesn't fail constantly

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    ...Nissan and cummins got together with the new titan. 5.0 v8 turbo diesel by cummins...
    While I am sure this is going to be a killer combo, the pictures of the new Titan look like it was beaten with a semi-automatic ugly stick, with a full clip.

Maybe it will look better in the flesh but the pics are hideous.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

you can pick out any make of truck and point out any number of common issues. GM has fuel pumps, cp3's, hubs, pump rub, hydroboost seals, ect ect. Those are all very common and well documented issues across multiple platforms and multiple year trucks so I wouldn't be real quick to hang my hat on an issue with another brand. My brother has driven dodge trucks for about the last 10 years and his truck interiors have blown mine away and he's never had a single issue with any of his. Meanwhile I'm working on mine about twice a year for something that's a "known issue". We had an 05 durango that had a really nice interior and it was pretty similar to my bro's truck interior. Meanwhile my 06's interior looks like it was built in 1989.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by CJREX View Post
    While I am sure this is going to be a killer combo, the pictures of the new Titan look like it was beaten with a semi-automatic ugly stick, with a full clip.

Maybe it will look better in the flesh but the pics are hideous.
    The titan has been the ugliest and worst selling full size truck since it came out IMO. The new one kinda has the new f150 look from certain angles.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 10-06-2015 at 08:54 AM.

Arctic White, red/gray

you can pick out any make of truck and point out any number of common issues. GM has fuel pumps, cp3's, hubs, pump rub, hydroboost seals, ect ect. Those are all very common and well documented issues across multiple platforms and multiple year trucks so I wouldn't be real quick to hang my hat on an issue with another brand. My brother has driven dodge trucks for about the last 10 years and his truck interiors have blown mine away and he's never had a single issue with any of his. Meanwhile I'm working on mine about twice a year for something that's a "known issue". We had an 05 durango that had a really nice interior and it was pretty similar to my bro's truck interior. Meanwhile my 06's interior looks like it was built in 1989.
    I really don't understand how anyone could think the 05 Durango interior was really nice. Whether it be materials, the layout or fit and finish. I think you have totally discredited yourself from the vehicle interior discussion. Granted GM didn't really change truck interiors from 95 through 2007 but to say the 05 Durango had a really nice interior blows my mind.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 10-06-2015 at 08:57 AM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

compare it to an 05 blazer or 05 silverado.......they had a far better interior than either of those. Even the new silverado has a terrible looking console. That big ass square fish aquarium looking thing is horrendous.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I like my 06 Durango SLT 5.7 Hemi just fine. Fully loaded. And I have to agree with Orion on interior comparison of same yr.

My grips with the new Silverado and even the Ford is they look like a box, like the design team from the 70's came back and started making them again.

I used to have a 05 Canyon and it was the little truck that could. The inline 5cyl was a torque monster but interior was a dud. At the time I didn't care because I use a truck for work not comfort. It getting messy was going to happen.

Arctic White, red/gray

I'm not saying GM was any better in 05 but go sit in any Acura, infiniti, VW, audi hell even Subaru in 05 had better interiors than the big three by miles. If you like the textured milk jug feel of the Durango plastic and that super plastic fake wood then good for you but it was crap. The big 3 all had shit interiors. Don't even get me started on the exterior of the 05 plus Durangos. They were some of the ugliest SUVs every made. Looked like a blocky minivan.

As for the new Silverado and Sierra I think they look great as do most people as sales are up 50%.

Straight out of the 70s

http://o.aolcdn.com/dims-global/dims...-edition-1.jpg
    Last edited by Zinergy; 10-06-2015 at 01:54 PM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I wasn't comparing a dodge to an acura or infinity....not really an apples to apples comparison. My old GTO had one of the best fitting interiors of any car I've ever been in. I know what an upper level interior feels and looks like.....but that's not even close to what we were talking about. I'm talking about basically the big 3 interiors and of those dodge smokes the other 2. The reason the silverado sales are up so much is because they been in the fucking tank so long. Mechanically I would take a GM over a dodge but mostly because they're what I know how to work on.

yellow
    2002 CETA T/A

I just want to meet the dipshit designer who made a cupholder too small to fit a cup in it in the new 2014 Silverado !!! How could they F this up???

Gray/ White

Yeah that screams amazing interior

98 Formula
    06 duramax

so that should tell you just how shitty the GM interiors are....

98 Formula
    06 duramax

that was an overall good vehicle for us too....I'd own another. Had 180k miles on it when we got rid of it and never had to anything more than maintenance on it really. It also got decent gas mileage for such a big vehicle....we saw 23mpg on the highway regularly and it averaged about 18 combined.

Gray/ White

Looks like GM interior of late 90s. BTW that's an 07 3500

Arctic White, red/gray

that was an overall good vehicle for us too....I'd own another. Had 180k miles on it when we got rid of it and never had to anything more than maintenance on it really. It also got decent gas mileage for such a big vehicle....we saw 23mpg on the highway regularly and it averaged about 18 combined.
    That MPG is really impressive, my 04 Dakota with the 4.7 liter never got 23mpg. My Silverado with the 5.3 liter gets better mpg than my Dakota did. I think I was lucky to get 20mpg freeway in the Dakota, usually around 18-19 and averaged 14-15. A good buddy of mine has a 08 GC with the 4.7 liter. We went camping a couple weekends ago, he pulled his pop up there and said he got about 16mpg going about 70-75mph.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 10-07-2015 at 06:27 AM.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

My 06 Ram had pretty shitting interior...my 2010 and 2015 were pretty plush and pimped out. I would put my 2015 interior up against an escalade and I'm not kidding.
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information