Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    2000 Trans Am

Diablo Big Bertha driver...........

I just bought one, and am waiting for it in the mail. Anyone have any experience with it if so what did you think?

Black
    2001 Firebird TransAm WS6

what the hell is it?

Silver
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

a golf club....driver

Blue
    72 Chevelle, 2001 SS

Never hit the Callaway Diablo but have read good things about i. I bought the Nike SQ2 due to some closeout deals they were having. When hit right, the ball flies. I tend to spray balls everywhere tho, lol.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by korndawg View Post
    Never hit the Callaway Diablo but have read good things about i. I bought the Nike SQ2 due to some closeout deals they were having. When hit right, the ball flies. I tend to spray balls everywhere tho, lol.
    Yeh me too lol, i love the sport but it is so incredibly difficult. But I love screwing around with the golf carts lol. I have always heard that the "Big Berthas" were great for straightening out your tee shot, so I will let you know how it goes. Anyone else with opinions?

By the way good to see that your still with us Korndog
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

Red
    06 GTO

i have the R7 tour pro, and i havent found a better driver, had the nike sasquatch (origional) and was all over the place, good thing about the R7 is im able to counter my slice. but the big berthas have always been good drivers, let me know how it works out for you.

Red
    98 Trans Am Ws6

I own the diablo in an 8 degree. This driver is very easy to control and has a huge sweet spot.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    I just bought one, and am waiting for it in the mail. Anyone have any experience with it if so what did you think?
    tell me you didn't pay more than $160 for it...

http://www.3balls.com/product-produc...TIFF-GOLF-CLUB

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

I thought it was some sort of variation on the Diablo Predator tuner.......silly me!

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

you know what's funny? i just designed a small website for HDTV/Callaway club give away thing. Bascially, buy an HDTV from Mitsubishi you get a free club, or clubs depending on how big your purchase was when you login to this particular site (proof of purchase necessary, obviously)

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    tell me you didn't pay more than $160 for it...

http://www.3balls.com/product-produc...TIFF-GOLF-CLUB
    Got it for $149.99 on ebay, I can't believe callaway has them on sale on the callaway website for $299.99

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Got it for $149.99 on ebay, I can't believe callaway has them on sale on the callaway website for $299.99

let me know how you like it... i'm torn between a cleveland and the diablo...

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

Im still using my r7, outdated but it gets the job done

Blue
    72 Chevelle, 2001 SS

Those R7's are sweet clubs, the R9 is rather pimp too. Too bad I'm way to inconsistant to be able to use one of those. Helluva great club tho with the customizations.

I'm a 3 wood person. I've learned I'd rather be 250 yards in the fairway rather that 275 and in the rough. I can't hit drivers worth a shit.
    Last edited by korndawg; 07-09-2009 at 02:29 PM.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    let me know how you like it... i'm torn between a cleveland and the diablo...
    INCREDIBLE!! Is the only word to describe it. I used my walmart 1 wood, and kept slicing them to the right AS USUAL. Pull out the diablo, and i don't think I hit one bad ball out of 50 with the diablo. Straight and 150-200 yards. My wife was even watching and said wow you do much better with the expensive club. Maybe I can talk her into getting a full set! Any suggestions on a good set of irons and woods, I was looking at the diablo set! Any suggestions?

Red
    98 Trans Am Ws6

INCREDIBLE!! Is the only word to describe it. I used my walmart 1 wood, and kept slicing them to the right AS USUAL. Pull out the diablo, and i don't think I hit one bad ball out of 50 with the diablo. Straight and 150-200 yards. My wife was even watching and said wow you do much better with the expensive club. Maybe I can talk her into getting a full set! Any suggestions on a good set of irons and woods, I was looking at the diablo set! Any suggestions?
    Id look on callaway pre owned and try to get a set of x 22s.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

well i have been playing golf on courses for over 23 years. i played all four years through high school. i hit the ball a long way. i do lot spend to much on clubs or drivers. i have an taylor made 360 8 degree driver that i hit over 300 with no real problems. so my driver is about 5 years old. i have a set of tommy arour 555 stiff shaft irons that are about 5 years old. and shoot high 39's very low 40's regularly. sure the new stuff is nice but if you can play you can play. now with all that being said i have always liked taylor made drivers over any other one i hit. you name it i'm sure i have hit it or owned it. callaway always seemed like more hype then function for me. you have to hit/ use what works for you, if it be a 20.00 walmart special it doesn't matter if it works. some people would rather look good first, then to play great golf without all the look. i hope that makes sense. i have played so many people that have all the high dollar stuff, and i beat them pretty bad with " what they call junk". go to a store and check a few clubs/ drivers out. meaning check flight paths and distance. to me i can feel where the ball is going before i lift my head. that is when you know you have found the right clubs/ drivers.

good luck with the new club and hit um straight.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i love my ping irons... i hit like a mother fucker with them... i odn't like my ping woods... i think i'm going to get a set of adams drivers... my buddy gets them at cost...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11 View Post
    well i have been playing golf on courses for over 23 years. i played all four years through high school. i hit the ball a long way. i do lot spend to much on clubs or drivers. i have an taylor made 360 8 degree driver that i hit over 300 with no real problems. so my driver is about 5 years old. i have a set of tommy arour 555 stiff shaft irons that are about 5 years old. and shoot high 39's very low 40's regularly. sure the new stuff is nice but if you can play you can play. now with all that being said i have always liked taylor made drivers over any other one i hit. you name it i'm sure i have hit it or owned it. callaway always seemed like more hype then function for me. you have to hit/ use what works for you, if it be a 20.00 walmart special it doesn't matter if it works. some people would rather look good first, then to play great golf without all the look. i hope that makes sense. i have played so many people that have all the high dollar stuff, and i beat them pretty bad with " what they call junk". go to a store and check a few clubs/ drivers out. meaning check flight paths and distance. to me i can feel where the ball is going before i lift my head. that is when you know you have found the right clubs/ drivers.

good luck with the new club and hit um straight.

and your best bet is to go to a shop where you can test the clubs before you buy...

primevil
    2000 FRC

I'm currently using a Callaway Hawkeye Pro.... That Diablo looks like my next upgrade.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information