Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deeply angered

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Deeply angered

OK so here I am at the gas station tonight when a car with a couple immigrints rolls in, ok fine no big deal. Well they have the type of car where they have to open the door for the gas filler neck so I asked the driver politey to pen it. His response was "no comprende English, speak Spanish" WTF I AM IN AMERICA DAMNIT AND HE HAD THE NERVE TO ASK ME TO SPEAK SPANISH. So I manage to hold my temper long enough to finally get him to understand to open the damn gas door.

Now how in the hell does someone get a drivers license without speaking english, how does someone make it through life in the US without speaking English and how in the hell can you have the balls to say something like" speak spanish"

so next time these asshats show up I am going to have a new phrase in spanish that I know in my small spanish vocabulary. so Cammed if you read this I need you to teach me the phrase for " learn English or I call INS with you plate number"

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Honestly sounds to me like he was just telling you that is what he could speak.

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Honestly sounds to me like he was just telling you that is what he could speak.
    It wasn't. Obviously I can't play a recording of how it was said, but the tone and manner he said it you could tell that he wanted me to speak to him in Spanish. Words may differ but the tone and manner does not.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by cuervo25_1 View Post

so next time these asshats show up I am going to have a new phrase in spanish that I know in my small spanish vocabulary. so Cammed if you read this I need you to teach me the phrase for " learn English or I call INS with you plate number"
    aprender Inglés o llamo INS con su número de placa

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by cuervo25_1 View Post
    It wasn't. Obviously I can't play a recording of how it was said, but the tone and manner he said it you could tell that he wanted me to speak to him in Spanish. Words may differ but the tone and manner does not.
    I've got neighbors behind me that to the same damn thing. You can hear them in the backyard speaking Spanish but, you can also hear them speak English until of course you try to tell them they better tell their kids to quit throwing rocks and shit over the fence into our pool. Then they only speak Spanish

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    aprender Inglés o llamo INS con su número de placa
    OK now I can learn how to write and spell it but that don't help with pronouncing it :P

Red
    02 Trans Am WS6

Do you work at a full service station???

I didnt know those existed any more! The last one in my town got bought by some immigrants and turned into a legal chop shop.

But it is sad. I have nothing against legal immigrants, but i think just to get a visa you must speak fluent english, so he is obviously illigal.

Red
    02 Trans Am WS6

and they ALWAYS know english if your giving them something, or doing something for them!

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

I have alot of hispanic neighbors they all know english to an extent ,and willing to learn more. Maybe I will have a "take a local hispanic to work day" and have one tell them off good for me lol. I would take Cammed but he don't know enough spanish, maybe the woman that watched my son before I lost my job, she speaks both English and Obviously Spanish very well.

I truely don't understan I work with 3 Thai , 5 Filipino,a Syrian, and another middle eastern guy, and an African. THEY ALL SPEAK ENGLISH PERFECT, trying to understand their english in their accent is a bit hard when your as deaf as I am but I still understand them.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I'm filing this shit away for future reference.........

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Jknerr View Post
    But it is sad. I have nothing against legal immigrants, but i think just to get a visa you must speak fluent english, so he is obviously illigal.
    You would be amazed at little english you really need to be able to speak.

Edit-OP you sure he wasn't asking if you spoke spanish instead of telling you?
    Last edited by HOBS; 04-26-2011 at 09:09 PM.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by Jknerr View Post
    Do you work at a full service station???

I didnt know those existed any more! The last one in my town got bought by some immigrants and turned into a legal chop shop.

For some damfool reason known only to those politicians that are ever scheming to eviscerate our freedoms it's illegal to pump your own gas in NJ...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    For some damfool reason known only to those politicians that are ever scheming to eviscerate our freedoms it's illegal to pump your own gas in NJ...
    I wouldn't trust NJ people with a gas hose either......I believe it's also law that you have to be born outside the state to pump it too.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Seriously its illegal?

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I wouldn't trust NJ people with a gas hose either......I believe it's also law that you have to be born outside the state to pump it too.
    They just need Spaz to come there and pump gas.. Wait never mind that is pass gas different topic.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by HOBS View Post
    Seriously its illegal?
    I don't reside there but to the best of my knowledge yes, unless you have a farm where you buy bulk to fill farming rigs (harvester, tractor, etc).

Ray Charles blue

Kay?

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Cool. Arrow.

Understand that?

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    Kay?
    Que?

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Yep full service station , they all are. There is a good reason or several actually.

Reduce drive off's It would be damn near impossible to catch someone with all the traffic ect.

Enviromental - people up here try to get as much fuel as they can in their tank, Last thing this state wants is a bunch of idiots over filling their tanks and it spilling on the ground

general safety, Like I said this state is full of idiots, quite a few of them are smokers, and about half of them are dumb enough to try lighting a cigarette while pumping gas.

The teens are absolute dipshits, the last thing I want is any of them to pump their own fuel. Hell it is amazing if some of them actually know how to read and write.

so yea Orion you should be from out of state to pump fuel,after all we are the ones with enough sense to do it without blowing the state up.

here is more food for though NJ is one of the cheapest states to get gas, even with the pump attendants. I have many regular customers from NY and PA coming to get gas because it is cheaper. I can't complain because at the moment this is what is keeping my families heads above water, I do what I need to do. I am looking for another job, but one where I can still keep this one as well. I enjoy it, more now that short shorts and skirts are being worn by the ladies.

Hobs I am positive, like I said it was the tone and manner in which it was said.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information