Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Death ?

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Death ?

Ive been on this site since 1998 so I know how you feel about suicide. Please dont hate on my english or grammar as I go on. Most of my of life Ive been an alcholic then finding out I was Bipolar. I regret most of my life having no real friends and only pushing the close ones away. Ive treated my wife for the first few years like shit nad dont know why she stayed. I have since tried to change my life around. I dont drink(mostly),no drugs except prescribed, see a doc and support group. I just always feel like something is missing and dont want to play this game of life. When is enough , enough? I know Im a pussy but if I THOUGHT I really had a friend say call it quits I would pop all the pills I could. Any realistic thoughts?

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Yes, please dont kill yourself first. Second, discuss this with your wife. If shes stuck with you through your bad moments you owe it to her to tell her you are feeling sad. Lastly, this is a matter that needs to be discussed with professional help. Suicide issues and forums never mix well as we all learned from the bodybuilding fiasco.

Only you can change the things that you know you've done wrong. Don't cop out. You admitted to yourself what you did wrong which is the first step. Now pursue things that make you happy and dont do what was once wrong. Quit the drinking, and try and be around positive people.

Senior Member Blown Interceptor's Avatar

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by redls1 View Post
    Ive been on this site since 1998 so I know how you feel about suicide. Please dont hate on my english or grammar as I go on. Most of my of life Ive been an alcholic then finding out I was Bipolar. I regret most of my life having no real friends and only pushing the close ones away. Ive treated my wife for the first few years like shit nad dont know why she stayed. I have since tried to change my life around. I dont drink(mostly),no drugs except prescribed, see a doc and support group. I just always feel like something is missing and dont want to play this game of life. When is enough , enough? I know Im a pussy but if I THOUGHT I really had a friend say call it quits I would pop all the pills I could. Any realistic thoughts?

Have you been taking your meds for your condition? Are you and your wife still together? If so, she must still believe in you. Is the support group helping?

Being a Nursing student, I think life is to precious to just throw away even no matter how much life may suck, and professional help is needed. believe me...
    Last edited by Blown Interceptor; 12-05-2008 at 09:52 PM.

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Changed med 3 times in the last 3 weeks, wife is still with me and I didnt read about the fiasco.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Changed med 3 times in the last 3 weeks, wife is still with me and I didnt read about the fiasco.
    A young man from Florida killed himself on a live video feed online and lots of people on the website it was posted on basically egged him on.

You need support from the people that know you best and you need to let them know you are feeling this way. I really think you need to speak to a doctor qualified in mental issues man, because this is a psychiatry type thing.

Perhaps you might need a different doctor and you are overmedicated?

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Might need to seek another Dr. about what meds you are on and what is going on with your life, in this case, if you do seek another dr....don't hold anything back!!!

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

what you are missing (your inner man) is the Spirit of God. Salvation brings inner peace. PM for details

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

I talked to my doc last week and we just changed meds again and Im far from overmedicated compared to last year. Thnaks for your concern. I kindatalked to my wife about it earlier and she said
    Last edited by redls1; 12-05-2008 at 10:09 PM.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    what you are missing (your inner man) is the Spirit of God. Salvation brings inner peace. PM for details
    can you keep god out of this. He needs professional help via doctors and a shrink.

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    can you keep god out of this. He needs professional help via doctors and a shrink.

I kinda agree with you...

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Man like I was telling you on AIM, always someone GOOD to talk to that will try their best to help to REALLY help you.

No problem in the entire world is big enough to equal out killing yourself.

Just gotta stick with the meds and find a hobby and some friends that will stick by ya.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by Blown Interceptor View Post
    Doctors and shinks cant heal a broken heart...........but they can sure cover up the pain with pills

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Doctors and shinks cant heal a broken heart...........but they can sure cover up the pain with pills

This sounds a little deeper than just a broken heart!

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

Please stop man.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Man like I was telling you on AIM, always someone GOOD to talk to that will try their best to help to REALLY help you.

No problem in the entire world is big enough to equal out killing yourself.

Just gotta stick with the meds and find a hobby and some friends that will stick by ya.
    I agree, start changing the things he acknowledged were wrong.

If ya have no friends, pursue something that makes ya happy and that you enjoy and meet some. Join a car club, play pickup basketball (great mind clearer) stuff like that. Anything where you get acclimated to being social with people but sober ones. Join a gym?

I think it might be wise to try a different doctor, lay out all your issues right on the table and let him rediagnose you. It sounds like the current one is playing "taste test" with you and medicine.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

The purpose of a shrink is to have a medium to talk to that is completely unbiased nor judgemental and they assess your situation. They are very good at it and its why they are in the profession.

This is all kinda ironic considering a few months ago all the threads you'd post in about the pills you were taking and drinking at the same time.

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Actually this doctor is better than the last by far. Gonna check out a gym tomorrow. Appreciate the advice peeps.

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Please stop man.

AMEN!

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Blown Interceptor View Post
    Listen... Life can get pretty shitty sometimes. But, there is always a way out of the thoughts that you've been bombarded with. You are not alone.

Talking to your wife who obviously loves you is a good step. But, I agree... you need to also talk to a professional who understands what you are going through.

Don't ever feel like your life is worthless no matter what you are going through. The fact that you have a wife who has stood by you during some of your worst times says differently.

Drinking is the last thing you need to be doing.

Really... take a few steps back and try to look around you and see all the good. I promise you that if you look hard enough... you'll see it!

Never give up. Just stand up and fight.

If you ever want to just vent to someone who has no agenda, you can always PM me.

Truly... it's not as bad as you may think. You just need a little help in seeing how good it can be. There is no shame in that

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    I agree, start changing the things he acknowledged were wrong.

If ya have no friends, pursue something that makes ya happy and that you enjoy and meet some. Join a car club, play pickup basketball (great mind clearer) stuff like that. Anything where you get acclimated to being social with people but sober ones. Join a gym?

I think it might be wise to try a different doctor, lay out all your issues right on the table and let him rediagnose you. It sounds like the current one is playing "taste test" with you and medicine.
    Completely agree.

Give me a shout man if you need someone to talk to. I know a lot of my family and friends have been in that situation. A person to talk to makes a world of difference

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information