Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dear LS1.com

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Dear LS1.com

Dear LS1.com

Why are people in a professional office setting such dickheads? Why does the person with the B.A. think hes better then the receptionist? Why does the GM who gets to fill out the 1040 on his tax return think hes better then the person who only gets to fill out the 1040ez? Why do people who are "higher up" think they can talk down to people, belittle them and so on...
    This isnt a rant, this is more to see if this is how life is in a professional office setting for everyone, because if it is i think i need to change majors. These people are complete sharks, and this isnt even a big company at all.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by ls1blackbeauty98 View Post
    Dear LS1.com

Why are people in a professional office setting such dickheads? Why does the person with the B.A. think hes better then the receptionist? Why does the GM who gets to fill out the 1040 on his tax return think hes better then the person who only gets to fill out the 1040ez? Why do people who are "higher up" think they can talk down to people, belittle them and so on...
    This isnt a rant, this is more to see if this is how life is in a professional office setting for everyone, because if it is i think i need to change majors. These people are complete sharks, and this isnt even a big company at all.
    That's just how people are now days. Think how i feel to be more educated than my superiors but they have another stripe on their arm and will continue to push you around and belittle you non stop. I personally blame my management and so should you, there is no need for this type of behavior.

01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    That's just how people are now days. Think how i feel to be more educated than my superiors but they have another stripe on their arm and will continue to push you around and belittle you non stop. I personally blame my management and so should you, there is no need for this type of behavior.
    I was definitely thinking how shitty it is of the management to treat people like this, and to let other employees treat each other like this! i was just called coffee girl... just because some girl had the money to go to college..and has a peice of paper she is better then me, and im just a coffee girl? Again I'm not ranting but if people are like this everywhere in an office.. maybe i'll go get a CDL and be an ice trucker like that chic.. for real no joke.

Arctic White
    2000 Trans Am WS6

The management at my current company thinks they are above everyone because it is reenforced by the president and the company , i.e. - exec only gym, etc...

however this company is also on its last legs. My previous company didn't function like that, so its not everywhere, but it is very prevalent. As a corporate office, we get more of that "better than you" attitude than say a satellite office would, because we work directly with the execs. If you want to be happy, DO NOT work at a corporate office.

blue
    83 mustang 347

I work for a Fortune 500 company and I'll tell you. In my department, for the most part bullshit like this doesnt go on. If it does it's not for very long

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

It's pretty much how the white collar world works these days, unfortunately. I dealt with that where I previously worked for 6 years. Someone gets a more fancy title slapped on their desk plaque, and they feel as though they can sprint off and bark orders in a belittling fashion to other employees in the office. You just have do go in there, mind your own business and get your work done.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    It's pretty much how the white collar world works these days, unfortunately. I dealt with that where I previously worked for 6 years. Someone gets a more fancy title slapped on their desk plaque, and they feel as though they can sprint off and bark orders in a belittling fashion to other employees in the office. You just have do go in there, mind your own business and get your work done.
    That's how I've done things in the past. I worked for one company for about 6 months. I bet less than 5 people knew my name there, but it's too bad that people have to do that when we could all having a friendly relationship at work and can have a normal conversation without having to 1 up everyone.

Could you just retalitate and call her a bitch? I'm just curious what would happen or if you have it in you. I've done this in the past to superiors and they don't like being called out in front of people. I was moved...lol

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

I work for Jacobs Engineering Group.(VERY BIG Co.) We have a really good office from what I cant tell so far. Excellent bosses. If you need help they will help and work with you. Weve got alot of older people in my office(4 Storys about 140 people) so its very laxed. Alot of the older people are funny as hell. Most arent old grouches. But youve always got one or two.

01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Im seeing the "if you want to be happy dont work in a corporate office" thing. i dont like working here anyway, i cant stand sitting at a desk all day every day...but what i LOVE to do it doesnt pay AT ALL. (i love to work with kids, i was in a daycare but i didnt even make enough in two weeks to cover a car payment and insruance let alone living expenses, even with a B.S. in education they wanna pay you 10$ an hour...wtf...) working with kids was awesome, non of this crap... you treat them nice...they treat you the same way back.

01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    That's how I've done things in the past. I worked for one company for about 6 months. I bet less than 5 people knew my name there, but it's too bad that people have to do that when we could all having a friendly relationship at work and can have a normal conversation without having to 1 up everyone.

Could you just retalitate and call her a bitch? I'm just curious what would happen or if you have it in you. I've done this in the past to superiors and they don't like being called out in front of people. I was moved...lol
    thats what my boyfriend wants me to do, he wants me to fire back at people like this (he KNOWS i have it in me lol, im sure sometimes u guys can tell that i have that in me too haha) but i know ill get fired, or "looked down upon" they already do not take me seriously here (which i have no idea why, i do my job.. im nice to everyone [believe it or not] and i do take the extra mile a lot to help out) i know if i were to piss off the wrong people i'd be out.

I'm currently gaining a degree in Office Administration... i think i need to reconsider!!!

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

thats what my boyfriend wants me to do, he wants me to fire back at people like this (he KNOWS i have it in me lol, im sure sometimes u guys can tell that i have that in me too haha) but i know ill get fired, or "looked down upon" they already do not take me seriously here (which i have no idea why, i do my job.. im nice to everyone [believe it or not] and i do take the extra mile a lot to help out) i know if i were to piss off the wrong people i'd be out.

I'm currently gaining a degree in Office Administration... i think i need to reconsider!!!
    If I were in the same situation and I liked the job I'd probably just look the other way and ride it out. If i didn't really care about the job, i'd start applying for other ones right away and see what i can find while still working at this job. It's great when you can show your feelings toward the shitty management on your last day.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Corporations are very much like monkeys in a tree.
    The monkeys in the top look down & all they see are smiling faces, while the monkeys at the bottom look up & all they see are assholes.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Im seeing the "if you want to be happy dont work in a corporate office" thing. i dont like working here anyway, i cant stand sitting at a desk all day every day...but what i LOVE to do it doesnt pay AT ALL. (i love to work with kids, i was in a daycare but i didnt even make enough in two weeks to cover a car payment and insruance let alone living expenses, even with a B.S. in education they wanna pay you 10$ an hour...wtf...) working with kids was awesome, non of this crap... you treat them nice...they treat you the same way back.
    What did/are you go/going to school for?

01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by rbob93 View Post
    The monkeys in the top look down & all they see are smiling faces, while the monkeys at the bottom look up & all they see are assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by 05 Stone Srt-4 View Post
    What did/are you go/going to school for?
    ok please dont laugh
    im going to a community college and getting an associates degree in Office Administration with a professional certificate (its all i could afford, so please keep the laughing to a minimum, i figured something is better then nothing)
    Last edited by ls1blackbeauty98; 06-09-2009 at 05:51 AM.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

im going to a community college and getting an associates degree in Office Administration with a professional certificate (its all i could afford, so please keep the laughing to a minimum, i figured something is better then nothing)
    Nothing wrong with that

Arctic White
    2000 Trans Am WS6

get your six sigma certification and PMP or something similar

01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyLS1 View Post
    get your six sigma certification and PMP or something similar
    I'm sorry, what is that?
    I'm up for anything that can help me better myself

Onyx Black, M6
    2002 Berger Camaro SS #86

authority is supposed to trickle down from the top, whether or not it has to do with thinking they "are better" than people lower in the company structure depends on the individual. usually, the people at the top are the people who have busted ass for a long time to get there. this is the way the business world works, no getting around it.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Bud as long as your doing something that you like then thats all that matters. Yea money is important. But id rather live comfortable and be happy than rich and be unhappy. Ive gone back to school once to change careers because I didnt like what I was doing.

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rbob93 View Post

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information