Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2001 WS6

dealership robots

So After dropping my rims off at the powdercoating place, I stopped by a chevy dealership to see a few of the camaros they had. I havent sat in an ss yet. So i get there and they're all locked up, sure enough as im walkin up to a camaro a salesman comes running up. I had my vette with me mind u. So I told him i just wanted to see them and whatnot. So these cars are outside. Sticker price of 38,000. So the doors are locked, and i ask if there are any unlocked. He goes well we dont normally keep them unlocked so we dont have alot of people get in and out of them.. ( im thinkign what?!?) I said ok then. he goes what are u payin a month for you car..i said too high to go any higher. he goes well we could make that lower maybe. i say no thanks. he askes me what car im drivin and if i'd like to trade in. he gets quiet after i told him . So we get talkin about vettes, they had a zr1 inside. So i go in with my gf, and we're lookin at the car. the guy rattles off all he knows which is its the fastest corvette ever made, and its got 600 something hp. So i go and open the door thinking...they leave 38000 camaros locked, but a 128,000 vette open? so i sit inside and easily go through the gears, and i hear the sales manager say woah take it easy. like somehow i was gonna hurt hte car. whatever. i went over the car explaining everything about it to my gf, which was obviously more than what the salesman knew. uhg..i hate dealerships sometimes...anyway thought id share.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

you have a point. they really only know "so much" about the cars on their lot. They don't expect people to be educated previous to the sale. the fact is-they SHOULD assume that the customer has allready done a lot of homework online. Really the only reason a customer is at a dealership is to buy something, not get info.

Black
    2001 WS6

i almost laughed at the guy when he told me about not letting alot of people in the cars..its not like they're ferraris, and not to be a cocky pig headded vette owner, but i rolled up in a vette..its not like i had some honduh askin to get in the camaro..

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

ugh.... so the trend lives on eh? I went to go look at umpteen transams when I was in the market for one and a lot of dealers wouldn't let me get in it. NONE ever let me drive it. They had this idea that if i'm looking at one then I know I want one and there is no reason to drive it. Funny example that is like yours. I was at a dealer that wouldn't let me get in a TA and there was a Corvette convertible parked next to it.... guess which one the dealer had unlocked and that both myself and my father sat in......

Nice to know that ain't nothing changed but the date..... Camaros are not Ferraris they are a desirable car that pretty much everyone walking through the lot will look at and many will want to sit in..... The ZR-1??? most people realize they can never afford it and probably assume the dealer would kick them out for trying to sit in it. That and a dealer employee is prob always within 5 feet of it.

Black
    2001 WS6

i mean its an amazing car dont get me wrong. but to get worried that someone going through the gears when its sitting...off...parked...not going anywhere...idk just was kind of insulting. i guess he thought i was just some kid

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Ramairgod84 View Post
    i mean its an amazing car dont get me wrong. but to get worried that someone going through the gears when its sitting...off...parked...not going anywhere...idk just was kind of insulting. i guess he thought i was just some kid
    Well I know if you dont put the c6 in reverse when parked it will drain the batt

White
    1999 Transam WS6

Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    ugh.... so the trend lives on eh? I went to go look at umpteen transams when I was in the market for one and a lot of dealers wouldn't let me get in it. NONE ever let me drive it. They had this idea that if i'm looking at one then I know I want one and there is no reason to drive it. Funny example that is like yours. I was at a dealer that wouldn't let me get in a TA and there was a Corvette convertible parked next to it.... guess which one the dealer had unlocked and that both myself and my father sat in......

Nice to know that ain't nothing changed but the date..... Camaros are not Ferraris they are a desirable car that pretty much everyone walking through the lot will look at and many will want to sit in..... The ZR-1??? most people realize they can never afford it and probably assume the dealer would kick them out for trying to sit in it. That and a dealer employee is prob always within 5 feet of it.

When I went to go buy my trans am, it was locked, but within 5 minutes, a salesman came up to me and within 2-3 minutes asked me if I wanted to drive it... Came back in a minute with the keys and I was driving it

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Aetos View Post
    When I went to go buy my trans am, it was locked, but within 5 minutes, a salesman came up to me and within 2-3 minutes asked me if I wanted to drive it... Came back in a minute with the keys and I was driving it
    age ?

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Car salesmen usually don't know jack squat about many of the cars on the lot. As for the Camaro's outside being locked and the ZR1 inside being unlocked? I can't say I'd blame them there. Those cars are parked outside, after all.

White
    1999 Transam WS6

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post
    age ?

When I was buying the car I was 20(22 now), but then again I had my father and my close to 30 cousin

but then again, it was at a honda dealership, and they probably knew shit about their "muscle section", had 2000 ss camaro, a terminator, a regular new edge GT, an '02 WS6, and my 99 WS6

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post
    age ?
    i was 26 when I was looking. 26.... balding..... driving a clean Lincoln, dressed in business attire and in somewhat better shape than I am at the moment. I would even call the dealerships in advance to find their hours and tell them i'm still at my office in midtown and i'd be there before they closed..... Trust me it wasn't because they thought I was some poor kid looking for a joyride lol. In fact given the clues you'd think they would have thought me to be loaded and offered me the keys and a drive right away.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

If a salesman with corn rows and a "greel" walks up to you at a gmc dealership, just walk away

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

When I looked at GTOs two years ago, I went to a dealer with 2 GTOs on the lot. I saw a PBM and an IBM. Both 04s. The black one was hit in the front and they either repaired it without reattaching the front bumper cover, or they didn't fix it at all. Wanted $22k for it and it had 18k on the odometer. Refused to come down on the price. While I listened to the salesman blow smoke up my @$$, my father ran the VIN through his job. Came back as involved in an accident. So, when I wanted to back out of the deal with the black GTO, the manager transfered my deposit to the blue one. The night after the ordeal, I found the GTO I have now. When I called the other dealer to tell them I was no longer interested in the blue GTO, they gave me the runaround and eventually hung up on me. I called back and was told the salesman had "left for the day". When I called informing the dealership they were reported to the Dept of Consumer Affairs and the BBB, my deposit was refunded. When I got to the dealership, every salesman had their eyes on me like they were pissed. I was given my check and walked out. And there were salesman eyeing my car when I walked out. It's like dealerships smell blood in the water. And they won't take no for an answer...which REALLY pisses me off. I thought no meant N-FKKING-O.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Anyone ever had their keys held after they inspect your trade in when they don't want to deal? Good old bill turd chevrolet. They wouldn't come off the price of suburbans (gas prices, '04) that had been sitting almost a year, faggot sales manager was making a simile to the effect of "this suburban is like a suit and rolex where as your Durango is like your timex, blue jeans and t-shirt" my dad was in plain old weekend clothes, he almost snapped the fucker's heads off. Told me to go outside because he was going to knock the guy out they wanted to give like 6k for a 30k mile, 3 y/o slt+ with tv, infinity sound, 5.9, leather etc.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    Anyone ever had their keys held after they inspect your trade in when they don't want to deal? Good old bill turd chevrolet. They wouldn't come off the price of suburbans (gas prices, '04) that had been sitting almost a year, faggot sales manager was making a simile to the effect of "this suburban is like a suit and rolex where as your Durango is like your timex, blue jeans and t-shirt" my dad was in plain old weekend clothes, he almost snapped the fucker's heads off. Told me to go outside because he was going to knock the guy out they wanted to give like 6k for a 30k mile, 3 y/o slt+ with tv, infinity sound, 5.9, leather etc.
    Same thing that happened to my Mom when she was trying to trade that suburban in for her new car back in summer of 09'. Dude at the benz dealer was only trying to giver her like 4k for it. My father was about ready to smack the living shit out of that dude. Guy was making up the most retarded excuses as to why it was only worth 4k "It's an 04", "It's got nearly 100k on it, not much we can do with this vehicle". The thing is fucking fully loaded, everything except the sat/nav (dvd player, heated seats etc.) and was still in pretty decent condition at the time, even though it's in 10x better condition now since I gave it a deep cleaning when I first got it. Truck was totally worth way more than 4k.

Those dealers really know how to rob peoples money, so sad.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

They are the same dealer who called him on the phone after buying a new '98 or so s10 "we went to low on your contract, we need more money" The response from him went something like "uh, no" click

Silver
    2005 Toyota Corolla (DD)

Quote Originally Posted by Ramairgod84 View Post
    Why did you feel the need to run through the gears in a parked car?

Serious question.

Black
    2001 WS6

i guess force of habit? The fact that i dont sit in a $100,000 car everyday, and i wanted to see how the shifter felt.i just held in the clutch and felt the gears

blue
    83 mustang 347

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    They are the same dealer who called him on the phone after buying a new '98 or so s10 "we went to low on your contract, we need more money" The response from him went something like "uh, no" click
    Bill Heard originated here and they were notorious for bullshit like that.

they even went to the max once, they called a guy and said they looked over the numbers again and it was too low. He told them that the contract was legal and it would stay the way it is. Well the fuckers had the guy's truck towed over night

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

This is why I shop mom-and-pop used dealers. Offer a price, take it or leave it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information