Thread: DD Rant

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

DD Rant

I am sick and tired of driving my MazdaSpeed3. It seems that whenever I drive it I have a ton of opportunities to either race someone, or to show off to some one (hot chicks, jealous ricers, etc). Problem is that Nymphadora is at home safe and sound and not being driven because of gas prices. Granted the Mazda is pretty fast (285hp is nothing to scoff over), but it's still a baby compared to my T/A.

Today was one of those days...I leave to go run my errands before work, it's a nice day (85ish, clear, slight wind) and I consider taking Nymphadora out of the garage and driving her today, but I grudgingly walk out the front door and get into the Mazda. I start doing my errands...I go to the post office and then the bank...as I'm leaving the bank this riced out Mustang (clear taillights, bubbling tint, body kit) cuts me off and takes off up the road. I push it off as a waste of gas if I had chased him. I then head to the mall to make a payment on my recently purchased engagement ring. As I'm driving up I-95 this 350Z pulls up next to me (Joe Cool and his supermodel gf/wife) and revs at me...I give it a try and he gets me by about a car length...I would have loved to see the look on his face when I stomped his ass if I had had the T/A, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. So, thoroughly pissed off, I hit the mall then go to work.

Fast forward 8 hours to when I'm leaving work...

I'm heading home on I-95 when this S2000 and Lexus fly past me...I was already doing 85-90, so they musta been doing at least 130. I actually screamed at the top of my lungs, cause there is never anyone out on the highway at 11pm and it would have been the perfect night to show those two imports who's boss.

Last thing...I think I'm loosing boost pressure (on the Mazda) and I don't know where...I know it'll probably be easy to find the leak, but the question is this...is there something better than using those screw clamps to hold the pipes down?

Anyway, rant over...

Red
    2000 WS6 M6

What the difference in your weekly fuel costs between the Mazda and the T/A? Is it really worth worrying about?

I'm sure if you sold the Mazda, the money you'd save would easily pay for the T/A's fuel.

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by intheclouds1977 View Post
    What the difference in your weekly fuel costs between the Mazda and the T/A? Is it really worth worrying about?

I'm sure if you sold the Mazda, the money you'd save would easily pay for the T/A's fuel.
    I usually give in and drive the T/A around Thursday, so I haven't gotten a recent dollar per week spendage on the Mazda, I'll get back to you on that...

Nymphadora is different...I usually only last 4-5 days and spend about $50 filling her up...which is $200-$250 a month on gas and I'm sure the Mazda is cheaper than that.

The Mazda is also there for when I go places that are far...Massachusetts (to visit my best friend) and Indiana to visit my fiance's parents...

07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

So you're bitching b/c you won't take the TA to street race it? Sell it if you don't drive it or just deal w/the gas prices & drive it.

WHat's it run?
    '07 MAZDASPEED6 GT
    '96 Mystic Cobra #5615

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMan View Post
    So you're bitching b/c you won't take the TA to street race it? Sell it if you don't drive it or just deal w/the gas prices & drive it.

WHat's it run?
    No, I'm trying to lean away from making the T/A a Daily Driver, I have a gas saver that I use for that (well, should be using).

I'm just pissed that I never have it when racing opportunities present themselves...

I've never run it, I work Nights from Tuesday to Saturday so getting to the track is a no-go most of the time...mods in Sig
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 M6: 427ci LS3, Built T56, Moser 9" w/ 4.11 Gearing, Full Suspension, and 6-point Cage.
    2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP: Twincharged w/ a T67 Turbocharger
    2007 Chevrolet 3500 Dually Duramax: 3" Downpipe, Dual 4" Exhaust, EFILive Tuning

rapter34
    also you probably need a car during the winter.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

This happens to me every time I drive my dads Jeep or Im riding with someone else. Theres always some hotshot cruising around that would be in the dust if i was in my T/A

2002 CETA 6M COUPE

i hardly ever catch anything in the T/A.

Just beat a 335i Saturday. A first in a long time... it's hard to get them to bite in the T/A. when I am in my girlfriends car... they're all over the place.

rapter34
    lol this really pissed me off today because my car is still in the shop getting the 9" in, slow ass stealership . and I saw a 69 Camaro blue with white strips I was soooooooo pissed I didn't have my car with me old school vs. new muscle o I would have blew a load.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

I drive mine everywhere I can. My gf just got her license a while back(yeah.. im a child molester) and I went with her to get something to eat and while I was washing her car off first in town THEN...lt1 formulas, ls1 ws6s, and a other range of random cars appeared.... i talked to this one guy with the formie and when I told him I was the kid with the black ram air TA in town he was like..."yeah thats cool".. He explained how his was really fast and had different coilpacks out of a northstar... So I said " ah did you replace your stock optispark on your lt1? " Bastard smiled a huge ass grin, I know my shit

07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by rapter34 View Post
    also you probably need a car during the winter.
    My TA & Camaro did fine in snow.

RWD is fine for winter with the right tires people!

07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    No, I'm trying to lean away from making the T/A a Daily Driver, I have a gas saver that I use for that (well, should be using).

I'm just pissed that I never have it when racing opportunities present themselves...

I've never run it, I work Nights from Tuesday to Saturday so getting to the track is a no-go most of the time...mods in Sig
    Race at the track not the street.

Your mods aren't anything crazy so don't worry you're not hot shit on thestreet anyway

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Race at the track not the street.
    Thanks Dad, I'll keep that in mind when I'm out driving.

Your mods aren't anything crazy so don't worry you're not hot shit on thestreet anyway
    I never said I was hot shit, nor did I say I had the fastest car out there, but she's a lot faster than most of the shit you'll find out there...around here there are a lot of shitty ass mustangs, riced out imports and what-not, but you'll occasionally find a good race (another LS1 or the occasional Mustang that isn't stock), and I never seem to have my T/A when those crop up.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Try some T bolt clamps for the boost leakage

Why don't you bite the bullet and buy a different kind of summer DD??? Something more in the lines of a motorcycle.....

Can't beat the 39-44mpg I get on my CBR 1000RR and can smoke quite a few cars....definitely the infiniti or lexus, probably your T/A too (no offense)

Thread Information