Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BOOSTD

Dating asian women?

So Ive met this girl who's in a few of my classes. I found out that she was having a lot of trouble in the physiology class that we are both in, so I've been helping her study/tutering her for the next test. Right now, I only know a little bit about her because most of our time is spent studying. She's from hong kong and has been in America for 5 years now. She speeks pretty good english but doesnt have the vocabulary of most americans (which is understandable). So my question is, has anyone dated someone from asia? Did the differences in native language cause a lot of problems? Do the cultural differences cause problems?

It would be nice to have an idea of what Im getting myself into if I try to date her.

Thanks,
    BOOSTD

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

My wife is from the Philippines and I LOVE her use of the English language! Some people would have alot of trouble trying to understand her but I usually figure out what she's saying pretty easy. Most of the time I don't have any trouble at all. As far as differences in culture, it's a good idea to do a little reading about their culture so as to avoid misunderstandings. Personally, I'd never even date another American woman now that I know what I do. My wife is amazing. It's weird to me still sometimes but things like, if I even attempted to do the dishes, she'd take it as almost an insult!

I say go for it! You might be surprised at just how great in could be.... Goodluck!

Oh and I love the accent! Especially when she cusses or starts talking dirty!

Cobra, Z28, GN, F250

punt

-Will

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfe13
    Personally, I'd never even date another American woman now that I know what I do.

My girlfriend is from the Philippines as well.

Why_Foreign_Women_are_Better

Last edited by BillyT; 03-29-2006 at 09:10 PM.

BIGRED Z
    Having been in the military, I had many filipino/pacific rim descent friends. Many females are raised to view men as superior and act in a demure, subservient fashion.

This would delight just about any man who is easily intimidated by women who tend to speak their mind. After having been "Americanized" however, many end up just as outspoken as their American counterparts, and can be wickedly funny when provoked to anger.

Regardless, other cultures can prove fascinating and just being aware of them will help you to avoid any mistakes. Oh, and filipino cooking is some of the best!

You say this girl is from Hong Kong, which is largely industrialized and was British owned (up until 1997 I think) when it reverted back to current rule.

I say go for it. What do you have to lose if you're interested in her? Just do a bit of research on Hong Kong's history, their customs and cultures and then ask questions. You'll get to find out more about her, and impress her with your knowledge and interest in her.

(Just use caution, I recall asking many of my filipino friends why they chose the military and their answer was the same. Women had very limited careeer choices, military and prostitution being among the top choices. Some admitted to having done prostitution before they joined. And having been in the phillipines, well, let's just say mama-san was offering up the daughter for a little "suck-your-fuckie" and "me-love-you-long-time" while she made the guy breakfast the next morning. It was a sailor's dream, a good drunk, a good lay and breakfast to boot for about $20.)

Just don't act like a typical American jerk and take advantage of their subservient nature. They're still people and deserve to be treated with respect. If you treat someone like crap, even if they don't say anything like the typical american girl, she can still quietly stab you to death in your sleep!

Lori
    Last edited by BIGRED Z; 03-08-2006 at 12:17 AM.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

they say it's horizontal instead of vertical.

I have to pass on this one.... " whats that game called.... smiles ?"

Only knew one asian in the states - she was a nice girl.

BIGRED Z
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger731
    " whats that game called.... smiles ?"

Lori

Pewter
    all bore 370 Trans Am

my only thing is that they dont age well. plus being in SOCAL your either mexican or filipino.

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

I have worked with many people who are Asian.... Culturally there are many differences. The only way you will really learn is to experience it.

My wife told me she dated an Asian fellow in college for awhile but that he was embarrassed to be dating a white girl and would never introduce her to his family.
    2002 Street ET Champion New England Dragway
    1999 Street ET Champion Oxford Dragway
    My Blog is here: http://www.downtime.com

Red & Dk Gray
    2002 WS6, '08 G8 GT

Thumbs up My $.02 worth.

Retired Military, I have seen many multi-cultural relationships from friends and co-workers over the years. Many of them were very successful, and happy.

If it's what the two of you want, then I say go for it. You both may have to work together to bridge the cultural differences, but that's what sharing and open communication are for! It may take some time to overcome some potential hurdles, family acceptance issues, language barriers, cultural differences, and different traditional values.

The main thing is to be open minded. Take the time to learn about each other, share idea's, concerns, and "Talk"

Do not let other peoples preconceptions, stereotypical ideas, and prejudices sway you. If you like each other and are comfortable together, it's about the two of you! Who cares what any one else thinks!

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

Never dated an Asian girl, but I find the race in general respectful, honorable and with good manners.

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ninobrn99
    my only thing is that they dont age well. plus being in SOCAL your either mexican or filipino.
    Actually Asian women tend to look alot younger than they are! They tend to age VERY well.

Anti-Liberal Activist Element187's Avatar

Black
    2000 Camaro z28

Most parents of Asian women would probably frown on them dating an American guy because of some stigmata that he will cheat on her and break her heart.. if her father isnt one of those close minded idiots, im sure youll be fine ... just as long as you SIIHP everything should be kosher.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

ok first . ASIAN is very big world, need a little more info. And element is right most asian parents dont trust Americans , I wouldnt either.Asian girls catch on to stuff real well. So dont lie or tell her stories that wont come true.

Silver
    At least its paid for.

I would go for it for sure. I think it would be fun to learn about her.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGRED Z

This would delight just about any man who is easily annoyed by women who tend to speak their mind on subjects they know nothing about, and have a never ending period.

Lori
    Fixed

Yeah really!

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Quote Originally Posted by ninobrn99
    I agree with that. There hot as hell till mid 30's or early 40's normally.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG D's SS
    I agree with that. There hot as hell till mid 30's or early 40's normally.
    Yeah, cause 40+ year old white American women look so hot!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information