Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black
    2001 WS6

Dangerous people on the road

Have you guys ever had people threaten to shoot you on the road? Almost try to rip you out of your car? post it here. I've got two

One night I'm cruising down the road, im in the left lane. The lane reserved for people who actually do the speed limit, and fast cars. Anyway, there was a truck next to me and a honduh behind me. The kid was riding my ass, so i quick tapped the brakes to shake him. Backed off for a second, then came right back. Did it again, and the kid turns his brights on. I get ahead of the truck and pull over to the a$$hole can get by. He naturally flips me off and speeds by. I get back in the left lane, and the kid slams on his breaks and almost has me rear end him. Then speeds up. So i turned on my high beams and he did it again, almost to a dead stop. So I get in the right lane. As fate would have it, we both catch the light. I look over, and this kid has his windows up, and he's carrying on inside looking like he's having a convulsion or something. So i put my hand to my ear like what? He rolls down his window screamin and hollerin sayin do u know who i am motherfucker? do u know who ur messin with? I said, some asshole in a honduh? He's like ill mthr fkn kill u. I'll effin shoot you. All gangsta white tee shirt and hat backwards. I just kinda laughed. So then he gets out of his car and starts walking over. The light turned green and i left before he got to me. I'm only 5'6 and he was like 6'0. There was a cop near by that had pulled someone over. I go over and say to the cop, " I'll never say there's not a cop around when you need one again". So I explain to the cop what happend, cuz it hadnt happend to me before. He tells me that unless the kid pulled out a gun there's nothin he could do. So I said I'd have to actually get shot before you could protect me? ok then. And I left.

so last night, i was going out. Left hand lane again, relatively same spot. A flatbed to my right, a scion behind me. The scion comes up, and speeds up as im getting closer to the truck. This guy makes it his mission, when i didnt even think he had enough room, to squeeze through me and the truck, cutting me off. I honk, and of course he slows down. gets back in the right lane. Then he tries to pull the move again, and this time i said NO. I sped up so he couldnt get in and cut me off, so he gets behind me and then cuts over when he can, trying to come up paralell to me. Rolls down the window, and im thinking great, now im gonna get shot. So i dont let him get up next to me, but we catch the light. He's a bigger guy, hat backwards, talking low to where i couldnt hear him. So i yell over why are you cutting people off?! He goes I'll shoot you, and takes his fingers like a gun. I laugh and give him the middle finger and leave ( i know stupid right anyway). So he tries the keeping up with me and get next to me move. I was gonna get on the free way and didntwant to be stuck at a light with this guy. fortunately i caught the one light where he couldnt, and i got away. Arizona is truely a dangerous place for drivers. A friend of mine got cut off by a bmw the other day, and they exchanged fingers, and he followed her almost all the way home. I had another guy get in front of me, slam on his brakes, and then speed off as quick as he could, i guess so i couldnt get his liscense plate. Then, this car was doing literally 15 in a 25. I thought it was an old woman. I was about a car length behind her goin through construction zone. So as we pass the zone, and the road opens up, before I can pass her she rolls down her window and sticks out the finger. I get up along side of her and its some 15 yr old!! I just kept driving. like it was my fault or i did something wrong?!? WTF PEOPLE!!!

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Happens all the time...you almost have to be completely submissive on the road now-a-days to avoid road rage.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

That is my pet peeve. I really hate people that tap their brakes. Honestly just move over.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

I don't care if ARE doing the speed limit.....MOVE THE FUCK OVER!

2011 Prius

Only time I see a need to love tap the brakes... Is when you get a ass that rides your bumper, you get ever, they get over, etc... Etc... Those guys are just dicks...

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Quote Originally Posted by doberman 152 View Post
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
    Yes.....so move over you idiots, & let us maniacs past!

Seriously though, I hate people that think they can lay claim on the passing lane because they are doing the speed limit.
    It's a passing lane, pass & move the fuck over for crissake!

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    Only time I see a need to love tap the brakes... Is when you get a ass that rides your bumper, you get ever, they get over, etc... Etc... Those guys are just dicks...
    I try not to do that anymore...I brake checked a dude hard awhile back in an SUV and he almost wrecked. Don't get me wrong the guy was a total dick to everyone near him and I giggled when he almost lost it....but an out of control vehicle is a danger to everyone so it freaked me out.

Black
    2002 Z28 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Happens all the time...you almost have to be completely submissive on the road now-a-days to avoid road rage.
    If your gonna tap ur brakes at someone you need to be ready to ....

A) Pull a gun when they get out to kill you
    B) Run like hell ( this is LS1.com so u should have some what of a fast car)
    C) Get ur ass kicked

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Dude, you live in PHX, capital of the road rage asshole. Nobody drives the speed limit here. It's like it a suggestion instead of a law. What did you expect?
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 11-28-2009 at 10:19 AM. Reason: capitalization

Black
    2001 WS6

I normally only give a tap when someone's riding me that close. but this is the same state where people in big lifted 4x4's will drive off the road, nearly sideswiping you, to cut in ahead of you in traffic. it's been done

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Somebody starts walking up to my damn car like their going to do something stupid first off that gives me intent and second off thats PID. And they will have a .40 stuck in their face, talk all the big shit they want see how much they talk after the .40 comes out. I wont shoot unless I have to but if it comes to that and I feel my life is being threatened 2 to the chest 1 to the head I dont play that shit anymore, I got jumped when I was 16 by 3 guys that was in their 20's.

Red
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Only rage incident I've had is some dick head was about 6" off the back of my bumper doing like 60mph in a one lane busy road. Tapped the brakes a few times to try and get this asshole to lay off a little. If it was a 2 lane road or had a break down lane I'd have no problem letting him go by. He was pissing me off, so when he finally went to pass like 5 miles later I speed up to not let him pass, lol. I let em pass the next time and he stops directly in the middle of the road, gets out, and heads toward my car. Its some old 60yo guy and we exchange some words.

He asks why I didn't let him pass, I ask why the fuck your 6" off my bumper, and if say a dog or kid or something jumped in front of me it would be a guaranteed accident with you. Add several more swears from both of us lol.

That's pretty much it, we both pretty much realized at the same time we were both wrong, and that theirs like a 1/2 mile of cars at a stop on a major road. Sad part is, like 5 minutes later we caught back up to traffic, him in front of me, and hes pulling the same shit on someone else. Pounding the gas and brakes to maintain 6" on the back of someone else's bumper. O well, guess he didn't get the message, hope he gets in an accident and dies a slow death.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

In both instances, not only did you provoke them once during driving, but a second time when you were speaking with them.

Maybe if you considered your actions, you wouldn't be put into these situations.

Red

He provoked me actually.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by david_viny View Post
    He provoked me actually.
    I was responding to the OP.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Yea I dont do the break tapping I will just lay off the gas and coast till im about 20mph under the speed limit then just lay the hammer down. I pissed off an old guy one time and he tried to chase me needless to say he didnt follow me to far lol.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

To the OP...the left lane is for FAST drivers. I speed 10mph over MINIMUM, but if someone catches up to me in the left lane, I step on it till I can get over to the right lane and let them by. I fucking hate hate hate people who get in the left lane and do the fucking speed limit. Or even if they are speeding but not as fast as me. Half the people I pass, I pass on the right because they don't get the fuck over. I've only ever once had someone roll a window down at me, and I apologized because I was at fault in the situation and cut them off in a major asshole move.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by Ramairgod84 View Post
    I normally only give a tap when someone's riding me that close. but this is the same state where people in big lifted 4x4's will drive off the road, nearly sideswiping you, to cut in ahead of you in traffic. it's been done
    All too true. I live in Tempe. Some of the big lifted trucks scare me cuz I'm afraid they'll drive right over me.

I never drive in the fast lane on the freeway. It gives folks that want to drive faster than me (and I'm usually over the limit til I get to a camera) a place to go.
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 11-28-2009 at 12:03 PM.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    I was responding to the OP.
    Ah ok, started thinking that after I posted.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information