Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Damn people!!! Rant

Why is it these damn people buy brand new mustangs, brand new Hemi chargers yet they will NOT race a LS1 camaro?? I have been trying and trying to get one to race around here but these idiots just look over then stare straight ahead and drive about 5 mph down the road. I threw a rev at a guy in a Daytona Charger yesterday just to see if he would play, mind you the road was clear, no traffic at all. He turns his head, looks over and laughs then continues driving down the road at a 25mph speed. Damn that pissed me off, I was ready to blister his ass after that. PEOPLE DRIVE IT LIKE IT"S MEANT TO BE DRIVEN!!!! Damn! I lined up next to a new blue and white GT mustang too, he takes off kinda fast so I nail it thinking he was playing but then what does this asshat do? He slows down and turns in a parking lot, WTF... I can get corvettes, Porsche's, Jags, BMW's, G-35's and every other type of high end sports cars to race but another damn muscle car won't. What's wrong with that picture? Rant off...

Shhhewww, had to get that off my chest.....

NBM
    99 TA

maybe deep down they know they will probably lose, and don't want to face the defeat?

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Hell I'd still race, buying a thirty grand muscle car to poke ass around town? Not for me, I bought this camaro to play in. I don't go out looking for races or act like a dumbass but I do like to play around from time to time. Usually I'll run if challenged, unless traffic is bad and cops are out of course. People kill me

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

that sucks dude. Similar thing happened to me; i was itchen' for trouble; got next to an 05 mustang gt, reved like 4 times to get him to bite...got to a red light and he lined up....well, he lined up about 20 feet behind me...i guess taht was his way of saying "i don't wanna" so at the green i dropped the hammer anyway and he just drove it normaly. I was so pissed

Custom Car Emblems
    from third_shift|studios
    Pittsburgh Car Detailing & Paint Protection from ts|s detailing
    jaison tortorea

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

maybe they didn't want to spill their Starbucks all over the new interior, or those SMUG ASSHOLES think they are so much better than an LS1 that they smell their own farts because it's better than the air the rest of us must breathe. OR they don't want to wet their bed at night dreaming about the nightmare of thier $30k car losing to an LS1...

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit
    Quote Originally Posted by 98-LS1 View Post
    Why is it these damn people buy brand new mustangs, brand new Hemi chargers yet they will NOT race a LS1 camaro?? I have been trying and trying to get one to race around here but these idiots just look over then stare straight ahead and drive about 5 mph down the road. I threw a rev at a guy in a Daytona Charger yesterday just to see if he would play, mind you the road was clear, no traffic at all. He turns his head, looks over and laughs then continues driving down the road at a 25mph speed. Damn that pissed me off, I was ready to blister his ass after that. PEOPLE DRIVE IT LIKE IT"S MEANT TO BE DRIVEN!!!! Damn! I lined up next to a new blue and white GT mustang too, he takes off kinda fast so I nail it thinking he was playing but then what does this asshat do? He slows down and turns in a parking lot, WTF... I can get corvettes, Porsche's, Jags, BMW's, G-35's and every other type of high end sports cars to race but another damn muscle car won't. What's wrong with that picture? Rant off...

Shhhewww, had to get that off my chest.....
    Look at it this way. How would YOU react if a 3rd gen Z28 or a LT1 Z28 flexed nuts at you? More than likely you would think that you were in the superior car and that they had no chance against you. I believe it is the same situation with the people you ran across. They believe that they are in the superior car and that they would hand you your ass because they have probably never heard of modding a car. Corvettes, Ferraris, etc. all have drivers that think you are a waste of time. They also have drivers that would love to race you just to do it for the adrenalin rush. It all depends on the attitude of the person driving the car. Me personally, if it had been me in either of those cars we would have had a race and then I would have wanted to talk afterwards, depending on YOUR attitude of course.

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by FuxOnTheFirstDate View Post
    Look at it this way. How would YOU react if a 3rd gen Z28 or a LT1 Z28 flexed nuts at you? More than likely you would think that you were in the superior car and that they had no chance against you. I believe it is the same situation with the people you ran across. They believe that they are in the superior car and that they would hand you your ass because they have probably never heard of modding a car. Corvettes, Ferraris, etc. all have drivers that think you are a waste of time. They also have drivers that would love to race you just to do it for the adrenalin rush. It all depends on the attitude of the person driving the car. Me personally, if it had been me in either of those cars we would have had a race and then I would have wanted to talk afterwards, depending on YOUR attitude of course.

That's the way I am, let's race then pull over and shoot the shit. I've met quite a few cool people just out messing around. If their was a third gen or LT1 revving at me then there would be a race, you never know what someone has until you run them. I don't see how a LS1 Z-28 would be inferior to their Hemi, guess that boat with leather and Navigation got them thinking they drive a BMW instead of a charger!

Pewter
    all bore 370 Trans Am

just let the race come to you...dont force it same theory with women...just let it/them come to you. You'll be happier when it does. i know you get the urge to race..shit i do! all that power and not being able to use it, but when you do get to, its well worth the wait

Maybe they think street racing is bad, mmmmmkay?

Pewter
    all bore 370 Trans Am

that too

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

mmmmmmmkkkkkk lol

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

If it's safe, I will go with whatever lines up with me. Here in Boulder, I've raced some interesting stuff; STI, EVO, M3, SUPRA, all were good races. And BTW Sassie Cassie, what is that in your mouth ?

Thread Information