Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

damn mustang guys are dumbasses

ok. so I am getting tired of these mustang guys that say my setup would never be good for even 12's. which I know is wrong, because it was pulling 8.3's before I did my heads, valve train, gears, tranny, stall. I said when It has gears with drag radials I should be in the low 12's to high 11's if I am lucky. right now the car has 360+hp. am I wrong to say that with a 2200 stall (lt1 doesn't rev as high as ls1 so you don't need as big), 3.73's, stage 2 transmission build, and my horsepower that I could be pulling low 12's

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

You are wrong.

Mustang guys aren't dumbasses,

Dumbasses are dumbasses.

What someone drives doesn't define them. I know countless jerkoffs who drive camaros.

Nuclear Cat Will End All LS1Powerhouse's Avatar
    Edwardsville, IL (So. IL Univ. of Edwardsville)

Mystic Teal
    1999 Camaro Z28 - A4

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    You are wrong.

Dumbasses are dumbasses.

What someone drives doesn't define them. I know countless jerkoffs who drive camaros.
    x2 ... Just take them for a ride if there are doubts ... After that, if they have any questions tell them to go to the track.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybling31 View Post
    ok. so I am getting tired of these mustang guys that say my setup would never be good for even 12's. which I know is wrong, because it was pulling 8.3's before I did my heads, valve train, gears, tranny, stall. I said when It has gears with drag radials I should be in the low 12's to high 11's if I am lucky. right now the car has 360+hp. am I wrong to say that with a 2200 stall (lt1 doesn't rev as high as ls1 so you don't need as big), 3.73's, stage 2 transmission build, and my horsepower that I could be pulling low 12's
    you'll probably run around a 12.8 - 13.0... only way you'll hit them numbers with out more power is to gut the shit out of your car and pray for good traction...

Mystic Teal
    1999 Camaro Z28 - A4

I'm terribly sorry if I missed something or if something happened, I haven't been on here to much in the past few weeks, and I'm not trying to be a dick in any way... But...

Don't you have a kid on the way? Why are you spending money on modding your car with money that you should be saving for the child's future? I'm just wondering.

Once again not trying to be a dick.

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Powerhouse View Post
    I'm terribly sorry if I missed something or if something happened, I haven't been on here to much in the past few weeks, and I'm not trying to be a dick in any way... But...

Don't you have a kid on the way? Why are you spending money on modding your car with money that you should be saving for the child's future? I'm just wondering.

i already asked that in the last thread. apparently he's loaded and has porshe's and shit.

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

You are wrong.

Dumbasses are dumbasses.

........nah, that's what i was gonna post but ya beat me to it.

Mystic Teal
    1999 Camaro Z28 - A4

Quote Originally Posted by bandit95 View Post
    i already asked that in the last thread. apparently he's loaded and has porshe's and shit.
    Hmmm... Mysterious... I've been lead to believe he's also in college at the age of 17... And yet pulls his car out of his parents garage to give us a sound clip... I'm just a little confused about this whole thing...

White
    '10 ZR1

360 at the flywheel? Or 360 to the wheels? Remember, there's really only one way to know.........and that's to take it to the track. Make sure you bring a friend. Anyone can benchrace and drink beer all day & night.....but at the end of it all, it comes down to what it actually did.

Don't feed in to their B.S. - go out there and prove it.

When are you going to the track next? If you were running 8.30's I'd expect your quarter mile time to be low 13's.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Daddy got money.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I've been lead to believe he's also in college at the age of 17...
    I was 17 and in college...

However, that was because I have a late birthday (october, so only the first month and a half of my first semester) and also I lived in England when I was younger, where they start school a year earlier than they do here.

In high school I had a few friends who joint-enrolled, through the HS they could go for a half day at high school to finish up graduation requirements, and then the other half attend college courses at a local university. I don't know if hes doing something similar.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    you'll probably run around a 12.8 - 13.0... only way you'll hit them numbers with out more power is to gut the shit out of your car and pray for good traction...
    Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    When are you going to the track next? If you were running 8.30's I'd expect your quarter mile time to be low 13's.
    that is what i thought... but he said he was going with drag radials...

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    360 at the flywheel? Or 360 to the wheels? Remember, there's really only one way to know.........and that's to take it to the track. Make sure you bring a friend. Anyone can benchrace and drink beer all day & night.....but at the end of it all, it comes down to what it actually did.

Don't feed in to their B.S. - go out there and prove it.

i was running 8.3 a while ago. I have put over 2000 into differential, suspension, and engine mods since then. I am almost certain I will at least do a 8.1 or high 7's next time. it is 360 at the wheels. at least. it feels like it gained some more last nite while I was messing around with some new tuning software (pretty sweet stuff. it lets you do things that are just amazing. it even helps you with determining what would make the best times.) I want to go to a 1/4 though and run. I had a 86mph with a 1.7 60'. that wasn't even my best mph that day. that was just the only run I got to do on dr's. i don't own my own right now and I had to borrow one of my friend's for a race. the guy is pretty cool. his nova is the shit on the 1/8th. he just never really takes it out. he has only taken it to the dragstrip twice and once was so that I could drive it down it once. I did good in it. I beat his best time my first time driving it on the strip. 7.1. and a 7.1 in the 1/8th feels good. lol. but yeah I used his drag wheels and tires for a race including skinnies, because he said that was the only reason I wasn't running low 8's to high 7's. I believe him now, but I think I didn't quite have the motor for what he thought I could do just yet. I hadn't even done 3.73's since then. i didn't have a stall then. heck all I had was a cold air intake and a magnaflow muffler. I had at least 80 less horsepower then. ( i did heads and valve train and redid it with a full exhaust.)

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i was running 8.3 a while ago. I have put over 2000 into differential, suspension, and engine mods since then. I am almost certain I will at least do a 8.1 or high 7's next time. it is 360 at the wheels. at least. it feels like it gained some more last nite while I was messing around with some new tuning software (pretty sweet stuff. it lets you do things that are just amazing. it even helps you with determining what would make the best times.) I want to go to a 1/4 though and run. I had a 86mph with a 1.7 60'. that wasn't even my best mph that day. that was just the only run I got to do on dr's. i don't own my own right now and I had to borrow one of my friend's for a race. the guy is pretty cool. his nova is the shit on the 1/8th. he just never really takes it out. he has only taken it to the dragstrip twice and once was so that I could drive it down it once. I did good in it. I beat his best time my first time driving it on the strip. 7.1. and a 7.1 in the 1/8th feels good. lol. but yeah I used his drag wheels and tires for a race including skinnies, because he said that was the only reason I wasn't running low 8's to high 7's. I believe him now, but I think I didn't quite have the motor for what he thought I could do just yet. I hadn't even done 3.73's since then. i didn't have a stall then. heck all I had was a cold air intake and a magnaflow muffler. I had at least 80 less horsepower then. ( i did heads and valve train and redid it with a full exhaust.)
    you haven't had it dyno tuned since your last mods???

white
    94 camaro z28

I was 17 and in college...

However, that was because I have a late birthday (october, so only the first month and a half of my first semester) and also I lived in England when I was younger, where they start school a year earlier than they do here.

In high school I had a few friends who joint-enrolled, through the HS they could go for a half day at high school to finish up graduation requirements, and then the other half attend college courses at a local university. I don't know if hes doing something similar.
    the way I did it is a program called middle college high school. you can look it up. it's through chattanooga state. what it is is you are a full time college student and they give you highschool credit for the classes you are taking. you are not enrolled in a regular high school when you do it.

for yall that don't believe the porsche part of it, ask me whatever you want. the title was just signed over to me. It was mine before(I was the only one to drive it and I worked on it and everything), but now it's in my name because of an agreement me and my dad had before. as soon as I had a full scholarship for college the title was signed over to me. I just got it 2 weeks ago, so it was completely signed over to me. It is a 74 911 targa with 2.7ltr opposing 6. it is air cooled and uses a dry sump oiling system. it is a crazy little car. all sorts of different technologies locked up in it. it amazes me everytime I drive it.

white
    94 camaro z28

you haven't had it dyno tuned since your last mods???
    no I dyno'd it since then. I just haven't taken it to the track. i messed around with tuning since then and it feels alot better. it isn't leaning out anymore and has much more power up top.

white
    94 camaro z28

Daddy got money.
    that and I work my ass off 50 hours a week at 16 dollars and hour with 1.5 overtime. I get paid to make custom orthotic shoe inserts.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

no I dyno'd it since then. I just haven't taken it to the track. i messed around with tuning since then and it feels alot better. it isn't leaning out anymore and has much more power up top.
    what did you use to touch up the programing??? if it was dyno tuned then the AF was probably set up correctly... you may have leaned your car up to much...

white
    94 camaro z28

I work my ass off and I have the extra money to. I save 250 a week for my kid that is on the way. I made way more than that last week. I will be making that plus more every week from now on.

white
    94 camaro z28

what did you use to touch up the programing??? if it was dyno tuned then the AF was probably set up correctly... you may have leaned your car up to much...
    no I didn't get it tuned. I was still out of the job when I got it dyno'd and just had my heads worked on. I only did the heads because I already had the intake manifold off and it was easy to get to. I just got a basic porting done with bigger valves.

i used lt1edit with aid from tunercat and one other program(can't remember name. it's on my other computer. I'm on my work one right now)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information