Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

damn knee cap...

This is a discussion on damn knee cap... within the Almost Anything Goes forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; I've seen a few of them, most of the time its a less severe patella femoral syndrome. either way, the ...

black
    2000 pontiac trans am

I've seen a few of them, most of the time its a less severe patella femoral syndrome. either way, the problem could be due to a few things like flat feet, tight I.T. band, or just a week VMO. personally i have never had that problem, have had other problems, but its got to suck. so is anyone seeing anyone about there shitty knees?

black
    2000 pontiac trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    my right leg is the worst... always pops out on the right side... doesn't pop up or down but jsut to the side... i about barf poping it back in... most nasty noise inside as it grinds over shit... it didn't hurt untill i hyper extended my leg the wrong way... still hurts a bit...
    next time, if there is a next time you have to put it back in, the best thing to do is to lift up, this will sound weird but when everytime your relocating a joint you pull in a direction to make the dislocation worse. like in the knee cap you have to lift it up and over the end of your femur. it would be best if some one else straightened your knee as you lifted you knee cap. then typically the joint will suck it back up into place. The grinding and clicking in your knee is swelling, its called crepitus if your not seeing a orthopedic about the problem i would get a ace bandage, ice it every 20 minutes every two hours, elevate your leg at night, and get some advil. if your ok with it 600mg after a meal, three times daily will help with the pain and more importantly the swelling. if your seeing a doctor, and he or she is willing to "drain it" that will get rid of the pain almost instantly. I said before the problem can be due to flat feet, inflexibility esp. the I.T. band, and weakness in one of the quadriceps muscles called the VMO. swelling completely shuts this muscle down. that muscle provides the pull in the opposite direction that it dislocates. the taping i was talking about will help pull the knee cap the way its should track. over all after the pain and the swelling is gone if you want to completely get rid of the problem your knee use some stability.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Rob00Taws6 View Post
    next time, if there is a next time you have to put it back in, the best thing to do is to lift up, this will sound weird but when everytime your relocating a joint you pull in a direction to make the dislocation worse. like in the knee cap you have to lift it up and over the end of your femur. it would be best if some one else straightened your knee as you lifted you knee cap. then typically the joint will suck it back up into place. The grinding and clicking in your knee is swelling, its called crepitus if your not seeing a orthopedic about the problem i would get a ace bandage, ice it every 20 minutes every two hours, elevate your leg at night, and get some advil. if your ok with it 600mg after a meal, three times daily will help with the pain and more importantly the swelling. if your seeing a doctor, and he or she is willing to "drain it" that will get rid of the pain almost instantly. I said before the problem can be due to flat feet, inflexibility esp. the I.T. band, and weakness in one of the quadriceps muscles called the VMO. swelling completely shuts this muscle down. that muscle provides the pull in the opposite direction that it dislocates. the taping i was talking about will help pull the knee cap the way its should track. over all after the pain and the swelling is gone if you want to completely get rid of the problem your knee use some stability.
    i'll give that a shot... my knees are bad from BMX biking when i was a bit younger... few spills... few dislocations... never having them set right or what ever...

dirty aka white
    2000 Z

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    i woke up a little after 3:00am today and went to get up and my knee hurt... i pulled the covers off of my and lo and behold... my knee cap was out of socket... i managed to get it back in with little trouble... it didn't hurt all that bad... when i woke up this morning (about a hour before my alarm went off) i was in some pain... damn this fucker hurts... my ass is limping all over...
    any one else have bad knees like that???
    yes sir my left knee used to pop in and out all the time even just walkin from on class to another aint dont that much since i had it scoped but i am startin to feel that "snap crackle and pop" sound again which means that man made stuf they put in as cartlge (not sure of spellin and besides i been drinkin most the day) is braking down 2 years befor the said it would !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information