Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: damm cat

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

damm cat

heres the story,
    yesterday while i work, i come across a kitten (tabby). im dropping off parts to various locations all day. while at this one stop as i get out of the van i see this cat hanging out in back. she comes right to me meowing and rubbing up on my leg. i figure what the hell and pet her for a minute.
    being that i was somewhat in a hurry and it was cold out, i walk away from the cat and do the delivery. i come out of the building about 5 minutes later and the cat is still there all shivering ( zero degrees yesterday) and runs back over to me rubbing up on my leg. i figure what the hell and pet her some more.
    after about 30 seconds of this im like i gotta go and start to walk away. the damm cat follows me. i open up the door to the van as im right about to get in, look behind me and there she is. i look at her and say what, she jumps into my work van. im thinking to myself great, a fuckin cat is now my helper.

for about 4 hours she hung out with me as i did all the drop offs. shes very tame and friendly. she sat in my lap at one point as i was driving.
    i felt bad for the creature so i took her home to my mothers house. i went and got her a cat box, cat litter and some food last nite. she ate alot then shit and pissed in the box so i know shes house trained.
    i now gotta find the cat a home. my mom doesnt want her even though shes getting a kick out of her.
    i really dont want a cat in the condo because of the havoc she can reek on my place.
    what to do....
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I wish there were more people like you in the world

I'm sure atleast half the members here would have kicked it for fun as soon as they saw it

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    heres the story,
    yesterday while i work, i come across a kitten (tabby). im dropping off parts to various locations all day. while at this one stop as i get out of the van i see this cat hanging out in back. she comes right to me meowing and rubbing up on my leg. i figure what the hell and pet her for a minute.
    being that i was somewhat in a hurry and it was cold out, i walk away from the cat and do the delivery. i come out of the building about 5 minutes later and the cat is still there all shivering ( zero degrees yesterday) and runs back over to me rubbing up on my leg. i figure what the hell and pet her some more.
    after about 30 seconds of this im like i gotta go and start to walk away. the damm cat follows me. i open up the door to the van as im right about to get in, look behind me and there she is. i look at her and say what, she jumps into my work van. im thinking to myself great, a fuckin cat is now my helper.

for about 4 hours she hung out with me as i did all the drop offs. shes very tame and friendly. she sat in my lap at one point as i was driving.
    i felt bad for the creature so i took her home to my mothers house. i went and got her a cat box, cat litter and some food last nite. she ate alot then shit and pissed in the box so i know shes house trained.
    i now gotta find the cat a home. my mom doesnt want her even though shes getting a kick out of her.
    i really dont want a cat in the condo because of the havoc she can reek on my place.
    what to do....
    you're a good man mark...

she won't really be a problem... cats sleep 80% of thier life... try craig list if you really want to get rid of your new friend...

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    I wish there were more people like you in the world

I'm sure atleast half the members here would have kicked it for fun as soon as they saw it
    word

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

you can't talk about cats in this forum

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

heres the story,

what to do....

LOL that story would make my gf smile. Thats pretty much how we now have two cats living with us. That was very cool of you to do!!!

if it gets to the point, where you and your mom are desperately trying to get rid of the cat, you can always drop her off at Petsmart in Algonquin.
    This particular Petsmart has a Banfield Vet clinic, where they take care of stray animals and put them up for adoption. They go fast, I never see the same cat in there for more then a week.

another option would be list this on Ls1tech.com in the midwest region. I'm sure someone would take her, plus it would be local.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

mark, put an ad out that says "free cat" or put it on your delivery truck-maybe you'll spark some interest.

PS, i'm having a similar issue right now at the new house. michelle and I keep seeing this cat come around and are wondering if it used to live there with the old owner. If i wasn't allergic, and if we didn't have 3 dogs, i'd be happy to take it in. I feel bad for it. Especially since it has such a cool personality. I generally dislike cats b/c they are very cold and bitchy things, but Mark and I have found some nice strays appearantly

327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

heres the story,

what to do....
    you sir earned more respect from me.....hell it would be a great to tell a lady friend that you saved a cat from freezing cold......

Also, like Spaz said cats dont do much damage to houses, and it being a female it wont mark its territory like a male. I just declawed my cats(fronts only) and they dont tear up any furniture......also scratching posts help. They will grow on you fast......so much better than dogs IMHO

1966 Corvette Coupe

keep it...

cats are like the perfect pet in my mind... about the only thing you have to worry about is scratching a puking... (spraying if its a boy)... get it some scratch pads and a litter box that you clean regularly and youll have yourself a friend for like 15 years...

if you do want to get rid of it just use the paper or craigslist like someone said...

-me

Shhh! There's a
    hooker in the trunk

leave the cat at your moms house for a bit, if shes gettin a kick out of the cat now, she wont want to give it up later this story made me really smile. so thank you. and i opened this thread thinking it was going to be another "this cat walked on my car and now im going to shoot it" thread. and then the hatred of cat talk would ensue.

black

i named the cat zero because thats how cold it was outside yesterday when she found me.

my mother went downstairs this moring to check up on her and give her some food.
    the cat was all happy rubbing up on my moms leg. she was also hungry. this cat hasnt eaten much because shes skinny, almost boney. i told my mom to give her a little food this am, more at lunchtime and later ill giver her some more when i stop by there after work.
    im thinking i cant feed her to much at once cas she will puke.
    im thinking tonite ill buy some flea spray or some shit like that.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

So....they sleep 720% of their lives?

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    cats sleep 80% of thier life...

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

ebay it.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

see, Mark, i knew you had a soft spot in your heart for pussy...

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

i named the cat zero because thats how cold it was outside yesterday when she found me.

my mother went downstairs this moring to check up on her and give her some food.
    the cat was all happy rubbing up on my moms leg. she was also hungry. this cat hasnt eaten much because shes skinny, almost boney. i told my mom to give her a little food this am, more at lunchtime and later ill giver her some more when i stop by there after work.
    im thinking i cant feed her to much at once cas she will puke.
    im thinking tonite ill buy some flea spray or some shit like that.

yeah some cats do eat fast too much and puke. my male cat slams food like he has never had food then pukes and eats again. I have to slow his ass down during his dinner.

becareful with flea spray, many of the products can be bad for animals.

Also if your mom decides to keep the cat, have her check out Authority Brand Cat food. Its the best food out there because it does not contain, chicken or meat by-product. Chicken/meat by product is the left overs of the animals like the beaks and crap. IAMS, science diet all have by-product in them. I wouldnt eat a chicken beak so why feed a ground up one to a pet.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

de-flea is the most important. if you dont want her to tear up your stuff you may want to consider de-clawing...

you will be able to tell real quick if she has fleas (most likely) as they are clearly visable and upon giving her a bath if the water is rust colored washing off her its dried blood from fleas...

black

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    see, Mark, i knew you had a soft spot in your heart for pussy...
    its always been my down fall dammit!!

black

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    de-flea is the most important. if you dont want her to tear up your stuff you may want to consider de-clawing...

you will be able to tell real quick if she has fleas (most likely) as they are clearly visable and upon giving her a bath if the water is rust colored washing off her its dried blood from fleas...
    last i remember cats hate water and will fight you if you even hold them over a sink full of water.

black

Quote Originally Posted by ibanez7 View Post

becareful with flea spray, many of the products can be bad for animals.
    any type out there thats safe? i want to spray her down if possible tonite

Shhh! There's a
    hooker in the trunk

dont use flea spary you can kill her. go to petsmart or petco and get an application of flea control top spot. you just put the liquid between her shoulder blades and it will do the rest. you can give her a flea bath if necessary before that. but i would not suggest bathing her unless absolutely necessary.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information