Black
    2001 WS6

daily driver opinions

I'm looking at possible canidates for daily drivers... I'm thinkin about a 2002 range rover, or a 2002 g35 coupe. Anyone ever have either? I like the go anywhereness of the rover, its upscale, more room, yet awful on gas. I like the thought of the g35, loove the sound of the exhaust on those, yet something quirks me about the dash board and how it looks ribbed with the a/c vents, not to mention i'd only be able to afford a higher mileaged one. let me know what u guys think.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Personally I'd go with the G35.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Funny you should mention the choice between those two, my next door neighbor (at my parents house) owns both of those except slightly more recent models. The G35 is his, the rover is his wife's.

Both are really nice vehicles, but considering you'll be using it as a daily driver I would say the G35 purely because of gas mileage.

Actually while writing this I just noticed the vehicles you already own. Considering you already have two sporty cars, I think I would go with the SUV just for the versatility of being able to haul larger items, or also, as you said, "the go anywhereness".

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

if you already have two sports cars, why not go suv/truck

Black
    2001 WS6

well this is in case they total the trans am. so it would be one of these vehicles, and then the corvette would be driven once a month, or longer than that if i move out of state and it stay at my mom's house. so yea this is in case they total the trans am. You have a point about the gas mileage, but are they reliable too?

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Rovers are supposed to be pretty unreliable. G35 all the way. Though a stock/bolt-on m6 vette (what you have right) should get the same or better mileage. Just looked it up, g35 manual is only rated at 17/24 in the 08+ style testing, ls1 vette is 17/26

Black
    2001 WS6

ive heard that about the rovers too. its just seeing them now for $12,900 looks pretty sweet for somethin that was 65,000 a few years back. I almost dont even consider the vette mine lately. When i sold my old ws6, I used the money from that, plus help from my dad to get the vette. So since my dad passed away, my mom's been very protective of the car as she's on the title now with me. She even goes as far to say she'd take it to court to fight me on it, and wont let me take the car back east with me if i were to move there. She says its part of my dad's "estate". She also goes on talking about how she's made all these repairs on that car, when the only thing thats been done on it were two new tires. ive done everything else minus a rotor install. anyway, a little background info.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Wow, that sucks. I mean if it's just sitting there and you still live there you should drive it. I've heard a couple stories of the suspension airbags blowing out on rovers leading to near death experiences.. This was on the 67-72 truck board. Maybe get another bird or early c5?

Black
    2001 WS6

well i guess there's also a land rover discovery, but at that point i might just scrap the suv idea because of gas. $40 + for a fill up isnt my real cup of tea. I almost wouldnt mind having another vehicross. They are a fun suv, ugly to most, but they have amazing handling and even more amazing off road capability.

white
    1997 dodge dakota

Take the vette offroad

Thread Information