View Poll Results: Which cars for a daily driver(s)

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2006 monte carlo ss and 94 mustang gt vert

2 50.00%
  • 2009 challenger rt

2 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Daily Driver advice.

Ive been daily driving my 2006 monte carlo ss(43k) and my 1994 mustang gt vert, I enjoy both alot, They both need paint however and they both need a few other odds and ends (over all prolly 4-5k for paint etc) as they are there both worth prolly 14-16k if i sold both of them, So with that said would you guys rather just spend the money and make them nice and get them together or sale both and grab a 2009 dodge challenger rt used for low 20s.

So what would you rather have for a daily driver a 2006 monte carlo ss and 94 mustang gt vert or a 2009 dodge challenger rt?
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion
    I tried reading that article but it had too many words.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

If you're still in Detroit I'd keep rocking the Monte because of winter. Then again I don't know how commute to work though

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    If you're still in Detroit I'd keep rocking the Monte because of winter. Then again I don't know how commute to work though
    I'm in dc now, I'm driving about 15 miles to work.....how's the quality of the challenger?

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

The Challenger is a Dodge. Quality may be better in newer ones but Dodge used to equal junk. I have to say they look great though.

All used Dodges are in 1 of 3 conditions:
    1. Needs a new transmission
    2. Will soon need a new transmission
    3. Just got a new transmission

That said, there is probably not much collectible value in the Monte SS or the SN95 Mustang. If there is sentimental value, a price can't be put on that.

No sentimental value? Sell them both while they are still worth something and get something you really like, be it the Dodge or something else.

Because if the 2 vehicles need $5k to fix them up, you're not likely to recoup that in added resale value.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

you sure love to blow money on cars dont you lol If you want a good daily, why would you pick a rwd coupe with a v8 and poor quality? The replacement car should be an asian 4 door, 4 cyl sedan.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Easy!

Low 20's go for a C5 Z06!

Pros: Fast, good MPG for what it is, Aero, lots of trunk space, show everyone that you are fuckin ballin, looks great, solid platform, etc...

Cons: Its a MUTHA FUCKIN Z06 BRO!! Ain't no Cons about that shiznit!!

Gray/ White

Except for the C5s tendencies squeaks and rattles

Gray/ White

Quote Originally Posted by Murder after Midnight View Post
    I'm in dc now, I'm driving about 15 miles to work.....how's the quality of the challenger?
    I'd still keep the Monte. IIRC D.C. snow removal sucks ass

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

The challenger would not be that bad in the snow with snow tires. Infact it is pretty decent. But I would keep the monte and sell the mustang.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Why you gotta piss on my parade homie

Ray Charles blue

Challenger all the way. I just drove a 2011 SRT8 and I am telling you that if I lived down south and could only have one car.........THAT WOULD BE IT.

They are big but they are comfy, they handle well enough, run high 13s even with the manual (auto is faster in the R/T's), and they look the best of all the pony cars. They also have a great trunk and lots of room. The 6-speed is T56 if my memory serves me correct so dont worry about it dropping out.

Ray Charles blue

Your car doesnt?

Show me a 10 year old car that doesnt have a squeek or a rattle? And in case you have never been in one much or actually owned something like you that you would know the FCR/Z06 doesnt have near the squeeks that the targa/coupe verson has.

Gray/ White

Dan I used to work at this shop F-BodyCentral - Late Model GM Performance Been in enough C5s to know how they are interior wise . Actually the Scooby Doo doesn't just has a wind noise issue from a worn out window gusset. One day I'll replace it instead of squeezing it back together I suppose. the GTP didn't have any issues either when it was totaled @ 132k

Arctic White, red/gray

My c5 doesnt squeak or rattle, other than the sway bars as the bushings need replacement.

As for the Challenger I test one a month or so ago with 30kmiles on it that the front end felt like it was ready to fall out of.

Ray Charles blue

Dan I used to work at this shop F-BodyCentral - Late Model GM Performance Been in enough C5s to know how they are interior wise . Actually the Scooby Doo doesn't just has a wind noise issue from a worn out window gusset. One day I'll replace it instead of squeezing it back together I suppose. the GTP didn't have any issues either when it was totaled @ 132k
    Not all of them rattle. My friends 25k mile Z06 sure as shit doesnt, my boss's 01 didnt, and you can ask Jeff.........my 94 C4 convertible didnt even rattle. My Z28 barely has any creek or rattle to it either. The issue is people dont take care of shit. My fathers 93 has a small dash rattle and thats it.

People make more out of issues than what they really are. Someone could suggest a car and you would find a reason to say "They are junk."

The C5 interior leaves MUCH to be desired, that we both know and agree on (we have been around cars enough to know the difference between good and so-so at best).

Gray/ White

Yeah the LX/LC platforms eat tie rods and control arms.
    I'm not saying they all have interior noises but I've driven/ridden in enough noisey 4 year old or less C5s to list as a reason I won't buy one

Gray/ White

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    Not all of them rattle. My friends 25k mile Z06 sure as shit doesnt, my boss's 01 didnt, and you can ask Jeff.........my 94 C4 convertible didnt even rattle. My Z28 barely has any creek or rattle to it either. The issue is people dont take care of shit. My fathers 93 has a small dash rattle and thats it.

People make more out of issues than what they really are. Someone could suggest a car and you would find a reason to say "They are junk."

The C5 interior leaves MUCH to be desired, that we both know and agree on (we have been around cars enough to know the difference between good and so-so at best).
    True but I've been in plenty mint ones that rattle and squeak a ton. For the record the Subaru was ridiculously neglected before I bought it wanting a cheap beater

Arctic White, red/gray

True but I've been in plenty mint ones that rattle and squeak a ton. For the record the Subaru was ridiculously neglected before I bought it wanting a cheap beater
    Many Subarus have rattles as well. There are usually a couple of threads devoted to common rattle areas on most of the Subie forums.

Gray/ White

Subaru is still a better daily option than a Vette for D.C. becuase of weather the total retard drivers and shitty roads etc.
    Oh but I have never found these threads like everyone claims they have never found a thread about a Maxima eating its cats and self destructing...

Arctic White, red/gray

Subaru is still a better daily option than a Vette for D.C. becuase of weather the total retard drivers and shitty roads etc.
    Oh but I have never found these threads like everyone claims they have never found a thread about a Maxima eating its cats and self destructing...
    Very true, the Subie does make a great DD in areas with snow and shitty roads. I have a couple thousands posts on two subaru forums and have seen the posts about dash rattles and pillar rattles and people posting "I have that same rattle".

Don't tell me you are still butt hurt about the cats in the maxima topic. I didn't totally discredit you I said it would be possible if they had some weird exhaust setup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information