Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

98 Formula
    06 duramax

cures for the common cold?

Since all the meth-heads or whoever is responsible made it so I can't buy Sudafed I currently rely on dayquil/nyquil to ride out a cold. Have a nasty one going right now but the dayquil/nyquil thing doesn't work like it used too. What do you guys use? Sudafed used to kick some ass.....it would lay an ass beating on a cold. Alka-Seltzer cold and flu used to be real good too but they found some ingredient that caused cancer so they changed the formula. Now not only does it taste like ass but it don't work. I'll take my chances with cancer if the shit would work.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Tylenol Cold and Flu NIGHT TIME. Make sure the pills are night time, even if you are taking them during the day. And take the very max allowed. And they even have an awesome candy coating so they taste amazing going down.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Tequila. Drink until you pass out. Next day you will feel terrible. In fact, you will feel so bad that day, that everyday after you'll forget you even have a cold.

Seriously, I take Advil cold and sinus. Seems to work for me, but I know some people that it doesn't.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Tequila. Drink until you pass out. Next day you will feel terrible. In fact, you will feel so bad that day, that everyday after you'll forget you even have a cold.
    Seriously, I take Advil cold and sinus. Seems to work for me, but I know some people that it doesn't.

been there -

Blue
    72 Chevelle, 2001 SS

Only thing that works for me are Rx drugs. A z-pac or levaquin works incredibly fast. Over the counter stuff has never ever worked for me. All they do is dry me out and put me to sleep.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Zinc

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Zinc
    This, vitamin c, tons of water and as much sleep as possible.

Once cured, expose self to other "bugs" to build up immunity and never get sick.

Sunset metallic orange
    '01 Camaro SS

vics vapor rub on the bottom of your feet with socks on. you won't cough at all. home remedy ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The sound of your piss hitting the urinal.......yea it sounds feminine!

Sunset metallic orange
    '01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Tequila.
    actually I've heard of that!! take like two shoots of it before bed or something like that and should be good to go!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    Tylenol Cold and Flu NIGHT TIME. Make sure the pills are night time, even if you are taking them during the day. And take the very max allowed. And they even have an awesome candy coating so they taste amazing going down.
    This.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by korndawg View Post
    Only thing that works for me are Rx drugs. A z-pac or levaquin works incredibly fast. Over the counter stuff has never ever worked for me. All they do is dry me out and put me to sleep.
    Those are the only 2 antibiotics I can safely take, allergic to everything else I have taken. They both work incredibly fast. Levaquin works a little faster, but is a more expensive drug.

Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    This, vitamin c, tons of water and as much sleep as possible.

Once cured, expose self to other "bugs" to build up immunity and never get sick.
    Zinc and Vit C are essential, along with water and plenty of rest. Something else I would have thought was just an old wives tail, but after experimenting with it, there might be something to it. My secretary put an onion in mine and her office, she read that the onion helps absorb bacterias etc. I have avoided a sinus infection/cold for the last year and half since she did that. After a few months, toss the onion, but it will be very black and nasty when you do so. May be a hoax, I don't know for sure, but I don't think it hurt anything either. Most of your OTC cold medicines won't do you much good if you are fairly sick.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    Since all the meth-heads or whoever is responsible made it so I can't buy Sudafed I currently rely on dayquil/nyquil to ride out a cold. Have a nasty one going right now but the dayquil/nyquil thing doesn't work like it used too. What do you guys use? Sudafed used to kick some ass.....it would lay an ass beating on a cold. Alka-Seltzer cold and flu used to be real good too but they found some ingredient that caused cancer so they changed the formula. Now not only does it taste like ass but it don't work. I'll take my chances with cancer if the shit would work.
    You can thank the meth-heads for killing Sudafed. We stopped selling the shit cuz we got tired of all the meth losers coming in, in groups trying to buy it. It sucks for the legit users, but from what we see, about 10% of people asking for Sudafed now are legit, while the other 90% are the dipshits that shake and bake it, steal lithium batteries, cold packs, drano and all the other nasty shit they put into their body. You have to be one serious fucked up loser in life to do meth. If you are hooked on meth, put a gun to your head and do everyone else a favor.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I noticed about 2-3 years ago they changed the formulation on a lot of cold meds and simply took out the nasal/sinus part. I always try to get generic sudafed, but like you said it is a royal PITA anymore standing in line next to a bunch a people hacking bubonic plague at you. The night time generic liquid stuff from WalMart isn't too bad. Mix that with a nasal spray like Afrin, and I am generally good to go.

sunset orange metallic
    2002 T/A convertible

I've been taking the xtra strength Mucinex for my colds. One pill every 12 hours. Seems to work pretty good. I could actually sleep at night on either of my sides without all the shit running out of my nose. The BEST stuff I ever took was Comtrex ( deep chest cold/ cough version ). That shit worked great. Never had to finish the whole box either, very hard to find that version now.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Ummm you can still get Sudifed.. It's just behind the counter now and you have to ask for it and show ID..

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

you must find your self a blood letter, a preist, a shamman and a mime...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Ummm you can still get Sudifed.. It's just behind the counter now and you have to ask for it and show ID..
    thought you had to have a prescription? I'm not going to the doctor over a cold....I'll just ride it out with shitty less efficient cold medicines. I slept pretty much all day today. Got the kids off to school and I went back to zzzz land. Still feel like shit but not as bad as last night so I'm on the upswing now.
    I know exactly where I got this cold too. I took Zach to a place here called Magic Mountain. Game room type place with the plastic ball pit and what not. I called one of his buddies parents and said we were going and that if they didn't mind I'd stop by and pick their son up. They said fine. I go get him and halfway there I hear him in the backseat of the truck coughing and it's a deep nasty sounding cough. I knew then I was fucked. Why in the hell would you let your kid go somewhere knowing he's sick? I would've told them "sorry but Zach has a head cold". Just stupid and thoughtless. End result is it'll be a cold day in hell before I offer to do that again.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    thought you had to have a prescription? I'm not going to the doctor over a cold....I'll just ride it out with shitty less efficient cold medicines. I slept pretty much all day today. Got the kids off to school and I went back to zzzz land. Still feel like shit but not as bad as last night so I'm on the upswing now.
    I know exactly where I got this cold too. I took Zach to a place here called Magic Mountain. Game room type place with the plastic ball pit and what not. I called one of his buddies parents and said we were going and that if they didn't mind I'd stop by and pick their son up. They said fine. I go get him and halfway there I hear him in the backseat of the truck coughing and it's a deep nasty sounding cough. I knew then I was fucked. Why in the hell would you let your kid go somewhere knowing he's sick? I would've told them "sorry but Zach has a head cold". Just stupid and thoughtless. End result is it'll be a cold day in hell before I offer to do that again.
    You don't have to have a script for it, but the purchase of it is logged now and tracked. Many pharmacies now simply don't carry it anymore, to avoid the hassle of dealing with the abusers.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    You don't have to have a script for it, but the purchase of it is logged now and tracked. Many pharmacies now simply don't carry it anymore, to avoid the hassle of dealing with the abusers.
    I'm going to the store later to get Chrissie some valentines shit so maybe I'll swing by the pharmacy and ask about it.

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

Mucinex-D is awesome. Just drink water and lots of it. Flush that shit out in a couple days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information