Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Cruised around like a teenager last night lol

I have not did this in a long long time lol. Had some time to kill yesterday before I picked my daughter up so I decided hey why not take the tops out and just ride around town like a did when I was a teen. Man that was the life on weekends when I was 16, just cruise around nothing to worry about but gas money. Which was like 70 cents a gallon. Like $9 to fill up my 1978 R/S Camaro.

I got some nice comments on my car at red lights made me feel cool lol. This one guy was like man that is one bad car. I told him that it was limited @162 mph and she will do it, and of course I had to nail the gas a little to prove my point lol. Nothing like cruising around in my LS1

Maybe its a little vein but its was fun to drive real slow in parking lots and watch the heads turn. But hey I guess that is the whole idea of waxing, poishing all that detail work to show my baby off !!!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Don't you wish you had that car back then??? I grew up doing the same thing. Small town. We just cruised on the weekends usually until everyone got together and headed out to the river to drink beer. Man, those days are long gone but the memories ain't.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

LOL....I took the Vette into town yesterday.....dont drive it much.....puts a smile on my face though....I can relate.
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i miss that shit

white/black
    2000 z28

yeah, I remember trying to cruise and the cops allways breaking it up without reason, just trying to prevent shit, of course then everyone else went out and was out of site doing shit they shouldnt have been lol.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    Don't you wish you had that car back then??? I grew up doing the same thing. Small town. We just cruised on the weekends usually until everyone got together and headed out to the river to drink beer. Man, those days are long gone but the memories ain't.
    I lived in a small town also. Population was only 12,000 for the entire county. We only had one big size retail store with large parking lot. It was really the only thing to do was to cruise around and that was great with all the teens. It was bumper to bumper.All the customers would complain cause they couldnt back out to leave for all the cars. There were not many cops around so u could pretty much be as redneck as you wanted in your car lol. The first car I got to cruise around in was a 1974 Road Runner. 318 engine. Nothing in the 1/4 but top end it was like the energizer bunny. Kept going and going and going

I remember one time we also would head to the river to party. There were some of the football players using a large funnel to drink beer. They would stop up the funnel fill it with a beer and Jack Daniels then down it. After the guzzle this one boy could blow the funnel like a bugle lol man that was so funny.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

O ya if I had the car I have now back then, no way I am alive today. Back then we would hit curves wide open and jerk the wheel so the back end would fishtail all the way thru the curves

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict8 View Post
    O ya if I had the car I have now back then, no way I am alive today. Back then we would hit curves wide open and jerk the wheel so the back end would fishtail all the way thru the curves
    yup, same here. That was the original "drifting". Anyone can do a controlled slide on a paved race course. Let's see them do an uncontrolled slide on a gravel road.....drunk.....doing 80.

tater_salad
    My home town we ride up and down the main drag, chill at Wal Mart, go ride through downtown and raise hell to hear the exhaust notes reverberate off of the buildings. When we do this, we usually have about 8 or 10 Mustangs and Camaros, couple of Trans Ams, and a Corvette. Very nice sound and image.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

there's a cruise strip about 15 miles from my house that everyone goes to, a lot of nice / fast imports, a lot of shitty imports, but last night there was a shit load of old school muscle and newer muscle for example TT 06 GTO.

its great, i have fun when i go there.
    98' SS Convertible Camaro-76k-Build # 1471, Cragar SS rims, RK SFC's, MAC Panhard, LSX Tune, Shaner S3,
    SLP:short thro,Strut tower brace,fan switch
    MTI Power induction kit,40 Series muffler,Pacesetter LT's + ORY,12 CD changer,3800lbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/787506/1

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

yup, same here. That was the original "drifting". Anyone can do a controlled slide on a paved race course. Let's see them do an uncontrolled slide on a gravel road.....drunk.....doing 80.
    lol I learned to drive on gravel roads .....man we did it in heavy rain also

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

Let's see them do an uncontrolled slide on a gravel road.....drunk.....doing 80.
    Totally. Your making me miss having a nice car to cruise in. at 27 and newly single, I'm ready to regain a bit of youth!

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Yeah I remember MANY drunken night driving up to the lake or leaving the lake to go get gas for the jet skies.........
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenm357 View Post
    Totally. Your making me miss having a nice car to cruise in. at 27 and newly single, I'm ready to regain a bit of youth!
    I remember one time in my 86 Z28 with the t tops out my friend driving cause I was too drunk and my high school sweat heart on my lap. We were going to fill 3 5 gallon jugs with gas for the jet skies.Made it to the gas station filled them up had all 3 laying across the backseat had a plate with 2 12" across the hatch so NO room back there. He had that thing topped out going down this dippy ass skinny country road....... Hit one of those dips we cought air and came down so hard we (me & my girl) went flying up out of the seat into where the T top would of been. I thought she was going to fly out!!! It was one of those scary fun drunken moments.

Most of the lakes back in Indiana are in little towns. We would go cruise the closests town where it the same as others...... One little strip mall where we would all go and drink like fishes. Then all caravan to the other side of town to a quater car wash.........

Back in the good old days.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

My 12 y/o son and I like to take off the T-Tops, grab some pizza or some White Castles then drive to the various cruise nights around northern NJ. Lots of great cars, old and new, and a great time with my boy.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by dock View Post
    My 12 y/o son and I like to take off the T-Tops, grab some pizza or some White Castles then drive to the various cruise nights around northern NJ. Lots of great cars, old and new, and a great time with my boy.
    mmmmm............. White Castle........ I MISS those drunken White Castle nights. They need to open some out west here!!!! People buy frozen ones out here from the grocery stores. They have NO clue of how good they are at 3 a.m. after a night at the bar.

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    mmmmm............. White Castle........ I MISS those drunken White Castle nights. They need to open some out west here!!!! People buy frozen ones out here from the grocery stores. They have NO clue of how good they are at 3 a.m. after a night at the bar.
    Probably the nastiest sight was their bathrooms at 3 AM on a weekend. Believe me, I know. Pure vomitoriums.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

We would just pee in the parking lot at that point!!

tater_salad
    Hell, we do that sober, haha.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Yeah even drunk I know better than to enter a White Castle bathroom...... Your asking for trouble! To see and smell things I NEVER want to see.

07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

I remember those days. That was the life.
    '07 MAZDASPEED6 GT
    '96 Mystic Cobra #5615

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information